Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Is there a best time to fax?? Is the morning better? Afternoon? We are arriving this Sunday and I haven't faxed yet. Any suggestions are appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Morning is the best. The room assignment team is there in the morning hours til about 1-2pm after that they handle the guests currently there.

Yes, What dansdad said, But I would not wait to 5 days. You have to give us ample time to see if we can accommodate the requests.

We agree to differ there. I tend to suggest 3-5 days out for general requests (as that's what the resort's Room Assignment Manager told me works best for them) but hey, this is your thread. I do agree that early morning is probably the best time to fax though - and it might be better to avoid Sundays/Mondays as a general guide.

Anyway, as I've said before, this isn't a science. :)

Andre

We agree to differ there. I tend to suggest 3-5 days out for general requests (as that's what the resort's Room Assignment Manager told me works best for them) but hey, this is your thread. I do agree that early morning is probably the best time to fax though - and it might be better to avoid Sundays/Mondays as a general guide.

Anyway, as I've said before, this isn't a science. :)

Andre

Andre I can never be mad at you lol. So maybe we should just say 5 days and cut the difference lol.

Andre I can never be mad at you lol. So maybe we should just say 5 days and cut the difference lol.

Should we start a spreadsheet when everyone calls and when they get their requests or are upgraded? LOL. Seriously though, my husband probably would! I faxed mine in at just 4 days (it actually just worked beat with my schedule, I'm not taking sides), and got upgraded. : )

Should we start a spreadsheet when everyone calls and when they get their requests or are upgraded? LOL. Seriously though, my husband probably would! I faxed mine in at just 4 days (it actually just worked beat with my schedule, I'm not taking sides), and got upgraded. : )

Maybe I need to transfer and handle all of POR request calls lol. Could you imagine my PM box then?!?!?!

So excited every time I read this thread!! I managed to get the Mickey Mail and MBs wrapped and under our tree before my DH saw them! He is going to be so surprised for our POR stay for our Annv on 1/1/14! We have a King room reserved. Are they spread throughout the resort. I know that two buildings do not have any King rooms, but was wondering if they were in one area mostly. Also, which bus stop does the bus go to first for pick up? Thanks!

I know that two buildings do not have any King rooms, but was wondering if they were in one area mostly. Also, which bus stop does the bus go to first for pick up? Thanks!

There are no King Rooms in the Royal buildings (90 and 95) but otherwise they are spread around fairly evenly around the resort (see the building floorplans on my site).

Bus routes vary, MK buses generally pick up at the South Depot last (having done the circle route first) while the others tend to pick up at South first (having also collected from POFQ en route). But it's not set in stone.

Andre

There are no King Rooms in the Royal buildings (90 and 95) but otherwise they are spread around fairly evenly around the resort (see the building floorplans on my site).

Bus routes vary, MK buses generally pick up at the South Depot last (having done the circle route first) while the others tend to pick up at South first (having also collected from POFQ en route). But it's not set in stone.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I am working tonight so its a bit hard to respond quickly.

So I am only 5 days out from my trip, and decided to catch the stomach flu. :sick: I have a garden view booked, but didn't make any request for location. Would it be smart to fax a request for a room close to the bus stop, to try and limit my walking, or do you think it is too late?

So I am only 5 days out from my trip, and decided to catch the stomach flu. :sick: I have a garden view booked, but didn't make any request for location. Would it be smart to fax a request for a room close to the bus stop, to try and limit my walking, or do you think it is too late?

If you already have a fax sent in then it might complicate things and I would just wait til you check in and ask if you could change your location to where you need.

If you haven't sent anything in, then Id say you would be ok to send one in requesting that no problem.

I just faxed in my request for this Friday (well I'm not sure if it went through, I had to do it twice) and did online checkin (at least I think I did). I actually did it three times. :rotfl: Oh well, I don't even care where I end up at this point. I'm going to Riverside!!! :banana:

Finally was able to send our request in to POR this AM for our check-in on Saturday. I hope it wasn't sent too late but we have been iced in since Thursday night and I haven't been able to get to a fax machine until today. Hoping all goes well because I've never had these fax requests met or even acknowledged. However, this is our first time to POR-so maybe we will be granted magical pixie dust!!

Folks - coming in on 12/22. Garden view at POR - it is a party of 5 so it will be AB area. We want a room close to the bus stop and parking so I'm guessing bldg 24 or 34 for West depot or 37 for North.

But how would i go about asking for some pixie dust to get say building 15?

Also, would it make sense to ask for certain room locations as well? Or just closest to the depot is good enough?

Planned on sending fax either the 13th or 17th. I should also say it will be our first time at POR. My DSis was there this past summer and loved it :)

TIA.

Folks - coming in on 12/22. Garden view at POR - it is a party of 5 so it will be AB area. We want a room close to the bus stop and parking so I'm guessing bldg 24 or 34 for West depot or 37 for North.

But how would i go about asking for some pixie dust to get say building 15?

Also, would it make sense to ask for certain room locations as well? Or just closest to the depot is good enough?

Planned on sending fax either the 13th or 17th. I should also say it will be our first time at POR. My DSis was there this past summer and loved it :)

TIA.

Building 15 may be a stretch, but it cant hurt to try. What I would do is try to say that you would absolutely feel so special if at all possible you could get as close as possible to main building. Also even if you do not hear back from the fax response don't worry too much. You can also inquire at check in and they tend to work magic a lot then too. When asking for 15 make sure you mention being close to the parking lot.

Let me know if you need further help.

We will be staying at POR for the first time in February. I did the online check in today, then called disney to request preferences. I later found out about this thread and the recommendation to fax room preferences. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We have 2 rooms booked and the CM that I spoke with said they're linked together so if an adjoining room is available or 2 close to each other, it would be granted. Sound accurate? Also we will have 3 kids under 4 so I requested bldg 14 ground floor to be near the bus stop and to avoid carrying a double stroller up flights of stairs. We have a garden view room booked. So does any of this sound right? What should I do? What would you recommend?

Also we will have 3 kids under 4 so I requested bldg 14 ground floor to be near the bus stop and to avoid carrying a double stroller up flights of stairs. We have a garden view room booked. So does any of this sound right? What should I do? What would you recommend?

There are no 'Garden View' category rooms in building 14, as 14, 15, 18 and 27 are all 'Preferred Location' bookings. You could ask for AB 16 or 17 though, those have Garden category rooms.

You need to ask for CONNECTING rooms rather than just adjoining though if you want an internal doorway between the rooms.

Andre

There are no 'Garden View' category rooms in building 14, as 14, 15, 18 and 27 are all 'Preferred Location' bookings. You could ask for AB 16 or 17 though, those have Garden category rooms.

You need to ask for CONNECTING rooms rather than just adjoining though if you want an internal doorway between the rooms.

Andre

Thank you Andre you are my opposite of the clock helper lol. Whenever I am asleep you fill in for me.

Hi all, we are staying at the POR on the 31st Jan. There are 5 of us, so we will be in AB, we have a standard room. Which building do you think would be best to request. I don't mind a bit of a walk but wouldn't want to be too far from a bus stop. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter