Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

5 days out is absolutely fine, especially as you're not asking for a category change. I assume you have already done Online Checkin and asked for a ground floor room there too?

Let them know in you fax how late you are going to be arriving, and explain the reason for your request and your worry that all the building 5 rooms might have gone by then.

Andre

I haven't done on-line check in yet. I wasn't sure if requests on reservation and then faxing was better or if I should do all three. But I will do it tonite (cuz I think you and Venom are the experts and I would have been lost in this whole process if it wasnt for both of yall's help and answers!!) Will also go back in my fax and mention my concern about rooms being gone. Thanks bunches for all your help and advice!!

I haven't done on-line check in yet. I wasn't sure if requests on reservation and then faxing was better or if I should do all three.

If you do decide to do all three, first get your requests added to your original booking by calling the Disney Reservation Center. Then do online checkin. Then send your fax 3-5 days out, after the first two have been done.

Andre

I have faxed via the printer/fax at home a few times; but not often. The few times I've done it, I've been successful. Today I continue to get "no answer" at POR fax (1-407-934-5777).:confused3:confused3:confused3

I am wondering if there is problem with my fax or at POR...??? Anybody else having issues this morning? HELP!!! We leave Tuesday morning, and I am hoping to be granted my requests, as I have in the past.

I am wondering if there is problem with my fax or at POR...??? Anybody else having issues this morning? HELP!!! We leave Tuesday morning, and I am hoping to be granted my requests, as I have in the past.

You could try calling the voice line and ask to be put through to someone on-site at the resort, or even try the POFQ fax number as they all end up in the same office to be processed.

Andre

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be asking, but we are getting ready to do on-line check-in -- we're 59 days out. We are booked in POR/ 2 RR River view -- in looking at the maps it looks like any of the River View rooms will give short-distance access to walking to Main building/bus stop so no need to make a request for close room. Am I correct in that? DD has had ankle/foot surgery and we have purposely planned a longer trip to give her time to make daily rests w/ her foot up and icing it but thinking any steps we can limit would be helpful. I'm assuming that each building has an ice machine where we can get ice each day?

Also, do I need to request a refrigerator for medical reasons if our TA already put it on our reservation? Our youngest has medical issues that require two of his meds to be refrigerated.

I've been reading about the special cleaning - how exactly does that work? Youngest has severe/persistent asthma/allergies and while he looks like a small line-backer he is considered "medically fragile". On one trip to Disney our room had been smoked in and after one night in the room he was very sick and needed breathing treatments the rest of the trip. So, would I just explain his medical needs and ask for more deep cleaning, dusting, etc.? Not exactly sure what to ask for?

in looking at the maps it looks like any of the River View rooms will give short-distance access to walking to Main building/bus stop so no need to make a request for close room.

Also, do I need to request a refrigerator for medical reasons if our TA already put it on our reservation?

I've been reading about the special cleaning - how exactly does that work?

Ask for a VIP/Deep Clean for medical reasons - and explain what the possible medical issues are so they are aware in case specific cleaning products are needed, etc. There is no harm in mentioning your medical need for a fridge too while you are faxing, even if it is already on your reservation.

You are right that the River View Royal Rooms are all relatively close to the main building, but some of the ones over in the far section of Parterre Place are still a bit of a trek. I would mention this in your fax too, as obviously in order to have the room deep-cleaned they will need to pre-assign your room number rather than being able to alter it at checkin.

All floors in each of the mansion buildings (where the Royal Rooms are located) have several Ice Machines.

Andre

11 Days out and I just sent my fax. Fingers crossed I get my requests for a fridge and ground floor corner room. We ordered from garden grocer so having a fridge would be pretty important. Thank you Venomhatch for your template! It made wording my fax so much easier. For a little personalized touch I added a graphic of "DISNEY" at the top that has Halloween touches. Unfortunately, i couldn't add it to the post.

Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
September 19, 2013
Resort Confirmation# *******

Hello to you and your fellow Cast Members at the Happiest Place on Earth!

On October 1st, my Family and I will be vacationing at Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside resort for the first time! We have been looking forward to this trip from for a long time and can’t wait to spend ten days having fun. We would really appreciate it if you could possibly accommodate a room request for us. When we did online check-in we requested a first floor corner room. This would really help because we will be using a double stroller and the first floor keeps me from carrying a sleeping 5 year old and 2 year old up the steps! We reserved a garden view Royal Room as part of our reservation and have been looking at all the videos and pictures we can find at my 2 year old daughters request. I have been reading about all the problems with refrigerators and was also hoping to have a refrigerator in our room. We don’t have a medical need for it and would not want to leave someone who does without one, but we did order from Garden Grocer so if a fridge isn’t available we would just need a recommendation on where to buy a small throw-away cooler. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out with a little Pixie Dust we would be extremely grateful!

Sincerely,

James, Keri, Landon and Madison

P.S. We can’t wait to use our magic bands!!

11 Days out and I just sent my fax.

Looks perfect to me. Not over long, but still covering the points politely and without coming over as too pushy or demanding - and with plenty of Disney enthusiasm in there for good measure! Also, it doesn't read like an edited form letter.

I hope you get your requests granted.

Andre

11 Days out and I just sent my fax. Fingers crossed I get my requests for a fridge and ground floor corner room. We ordered from garden grocer so having a fridge would be pretty important. Thank you Venomhatch for your template! It made wording my fax so much easier. For a little personalized touch I added a graphic of "DISNEY" at the top that has Halloween touches. Unfortunately, i couldn't add it to the post.

Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
September 19, 2013
Resort Confirmation# *******

Hello to you and your fellow Cast Members at the Happiest Place on Earth!

On October 1st, my Family and I will be vacationing at Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside resort for the first time! We have been looking forward to this trip from for a long time and can’t wait to spend ten days having fun. We would really appreciate it if you could possibly accommodate a room request for us. When we did online check-in we requested a first floor corner room. This would really help because we will be using a double stroller and the first floor keeps me from carrying a sleeping 5 year old and 2 year old up the steps! We reserved a garden view Royal Room as part of our reservation and have been looking at all the videos and pictures we can find at my 2 year old daughters request. I have been reading about all the problems with refrigerators and was also hoping to have a refrigerator in our room. We don’t have a medical need for it and would not want to leave someone who does without one, but we did order from Garden Grocer so if a fridge isn’t available we would just need a recommendation on where to buy a small throw-away cooler. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out with a little Pixie Dust we would be extremely grateful!

Sincerely,

James, Keri, Landon and Madison

P.S. We can’t wait to use our magic bands!!

Looks perfect to me. Not over long, but still covering the points politely and without coming over as too pushy or demanding - and with plenty of Disney enthusiasm in there for good measure! Also, it doesn't read like an edited form letter.

I hope you get your requests granted.

Andre

To you both. Yeah agreed this letter is perfect. You never want to make it too long they may feel like your telling them what you want, and not asking for it. Also no one wants to read a book of requests, lol. But your letter looks great and thank you Andre for helping out!

To you both. Yeah agreed this letter is perfect. You never want to make it too long they may feel like your telling them what you want, and not asking for it. Also no one wants to read a book of requests, lol. But your letter looks great and thank you Andre for helping out!

THANK YOU ANDRE AND VENOMHATCH!! You don't know what it means to get both of your approval...lol. Also thank you for running such great threads and being a wealth of information. Choosing a resort is such a scary thing but you both make it very easy. My DS5 loves looking at Andre's website to find all the "super fun" things to do and see. Please feel free to use my letter any way you want.
This time in 11 days we will be finishing a luau at Polynesian and heading to POR for our first night of sleep. I can truly say I have no worries about staying there. Between you both and all the great people who post on the boards, I know I'm going to love it!

We checked in on Thursday. We sent our fax six days out and didn't get any of our requests. Don't know if they didn't get it or didn't want to give us any of our requests. We got a refrigerator delivered about an hour after checking in and calling to request it. We also did not get the building (Oak Manor) that our travel agent had requested. We are still happy to be here!

Venomhatch and Andre -

Suggestions, critiques, ideas are welcome. Thank you. Is using a fun font for any of this a bad idea - i put the words prince and princess in sparkly font in my letter. let me know.... I am a bit of a dork :rolleyes2

Hi there Cast Members!

From October 11-18th my family of four and my mother-in-law and father-in-law will be having a blast together at Walt Disney World and at Port Orleans Riverside resort. The World is one of our favorite places and we – especially the prince and princess – are looking forward to staying at Riverside for the first time.

Speaking of the prince and princess – they have asked me to see if we could stay in a Mansion building on the second floor. Why? Well, so that they may “walk elegantly up and down the pretty staircases everyday” of course. They have loved the grand central staircases ever since our Sassagoula River walks past the Mansion buildings while staying at your sister resort.

But first and foremost, Mom and Dad would like to request a connecting room with Gram and Papa’s room as they are a huge help with said prince and princess. And they are pretty fun too! We have booked two garden view rooms.

We sincerely appreciate your assistance in helping us with these requests and understand that they cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your time!

Excitedly,
Us (our name and my inlaws)

Requests:
1. Connecting Rooms (both #'s and names)
2. Mansion Building
3. 2nd Floor – so that the prince and princess may walk elegantly up and down the grand staircases 
4. One refrigerator between the two rooms would be great if at all possible.

Venomhatch and Andre -

Suggestions, critiques, ideas are welcome. Thank you. Is using a fun font for any of this a bad idea - i put the words prince and princess in sparkly font in my letter. let me know.... I am a bit of a dork :rolleyes2

Hi there Cast Members!

From October 11-18th my family of four and my mother-in-law and father-in-law will be having a blast together at Walt Disney World and at Port Orleans Riverside resort. The World is one of our favorite places and we – especially the prince and princess – are looking forward to staying at Riverside for the first time.

Speaking of the prince and princess – they have asked me to see if we could stay in a Mansion building on the second floor. Why? Well, so that they may “walk elegantly up and down the pretty staircases everyday” of course. They have loved the grand central staircases ever since our Sassagoula River walks past the Mansion buildings while staying at your sister resort.

But first and foremost, Mom and Dad would like to request a connecting room with Gram and Papa’s room as they are a huge help with said prince and princess. And they are pretty fun too! We have booked two garden view rooms.

We sincerely appreciate your assistance in helping us with these requests and understand that they cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your time!

Excitedly,
Us (our name and my inlaws)

Requests:
1. Connecting Rooms (both #'s and names)
2. Mansion Building
3. 2nd Floor – so that the prince and princess may walk elegantly up and down the grand staircases 
4. One refrigerator between the two rooms would be great if at all possible.

Looks good to me. Id give you the best room I could if I saw that come across my desk. Lol. But make sure to put the important info at the top of the fax as well that was on my template.

Hello! I am in the process of writing my letter that I plan to fax a few days before our October 18-28th trip to Disney and Port Orleans Riverside. We have 2 garden view rooms booked, and we are traveling with an 8,6, and 2 year old. Grammy and Pappy are in the 2nd room. Can I request rooms in the Magnolia Bend section or will I need rooms in the AB section since we would 5 in a room? We stayed in Acadian House last time, but there were only four in our family then. We liked the location, but didn't know where we can request for our situation. Thanks in advance for all of your help!:)

We have 2 garden view rooms booked, and we are traveling with an 8,6, and 2 year old. Grammy and Pappy are in the 2nd room. Can I request rooms in the Magnolia Bend section or will I need rooms in the AB section since we would 5 in a room?

Yes, you can request Magnolia Bend as one of the children is under three years old and so doesn't count towards room occupancy limits.

Or you could just add all the kids onto Grammy and Pappy's room and get some sneaky peace and quiet. :)

Andre

Yes, you can request Magnolia Bend as one of the children is under three years old and so doesn't count towards room occupancy limits.

Or you could just add all the kids onto Grammy and Pappy's room and get some sneaky peace and quiet. :)

Andre

LOL! I agree with Andre! If I could convince "Grammy and "Pappy" to go, I would certainly try this! : )

We leave in 26 days and already did online check-in. Our friends leave in 28 days. We are all celebrating wedding anniversaries, us 10 years and our friends 30. So my question is that we would all love to stay in alligator bayou, so should we just send one fax with both our reservation numbers or separate faxes with both our reservation numbers?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We leave in 26 days and already did online check-in. Our friends leave in 28 days. We are all celebrating wedding anniversaries, us 10 years and our friends 30. So my question is that we would all love to stay in alligator bayou, so should we just send one fax with both our reservation numbers or separate faxes with both our reservation numbers?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would do both together like that. It would certainly be clearer than sending two faxes then the Room Manager trying to track down their fax and requests also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter