Port Orleans Official Dates Thread 2013

*** Sorry if I missed your posts I have been super busy lately and I know I have caught some of them well the ones done right. Others if I have missed yours post them again for me.

TEMPLATE EXAMPLE To use is:

"Venomhatch- POR - 3/1 - 3/9"
or
"Venomhatch- POFQ - 3/1 - 3/9"

Dont follow the template I may not have the time to post it.

I guess thread postings would be easier than messing around with even more PMs, so:

andrewilley - 7/31-8/14

Hmm, it might be worth including the POFQ folks too as we're all neighbours and sometime boat- and bus-buddies, so perhaps something along the lines of this in future:

andrewilley - POR - 7/31-8/14

Andre

Two questions: How do I add my inaugural trip to PORFQ: Sept 20-Sept 29th

Question and way more important: Can you describe the building configurations. I have checked out the building schematics but just cannot giure out if they are 100% linked etc. For example, in building 6 you will find that there is open space between room 6341 and the next building number 6309. On the larger map, it actaully looks as if these two building are not connected at all. Is this the case? And in looking at the building layouts, it is hard to ascertain where the stairs are connected to--again for example in building 6 top floor, it shows a set of stairs at 6348 and one at 6308. Are they both connected to this building? I am trying to figure out the perfect, quiet, corner room with two queen beds so my girls and I have blown up all the building but still are having trouble figuring out the best ones. Any help with all of your visits would be great. I wish I could google map way down to walkways! or better yet, that someone would do a floor tour video to help those who have never been there. For now, your expertise would be very much appreciated. Thanks::yes::

I guess thread postings would be easier than messing around with even more PMs, so:

andrewilley - 7/31-8/14

Hmm, it might be worth including the POFQ folks too as we're all neighbours and sometime boat- and bus-buddies, so perhaps something along the lines of this in future:

andrewilley - POR - 7/31-8/14

Andre
Help, I need an expert! First, how do I post my dates for our inaugural stay at POFQ? Sept 20-Sept 29th.

More importantly, is there any way you can tell me what the set up of the buildings are? For example, I have found the schematics of the buildings with room numbers but some seem to be connect and some don't. In building 7 on the unofficial POFQ site, it shows the buildings connected by grey. Is that roof line? Another example is building 6 3rd floor. Room 6341 is directly acrosee from room 6309 in another building with grey somehow joining the buildings but a white space in between. What is that white space. I have been searching google earth to see if I could get a better understanding of this but am having trouble. My girls and I have enlarged and cut out the building to try to determine what corner rooms are NOT king room and which are not in a normal traffic pattern or near stairs or elevator.

THis brings me to the next question, in building 6 for example, there are two sets of stairs shown--are they both for that building? It is hard to see where the stairs near 6308 & 6309 are located, i.e. which building is it connected to. I wish someone would go take a video tour of the floors so people like me can figure this out. Your help as an expert would be greatly appreciated!! We want to make our room request (I know there are no guarantees but it's worth a try). Thank you for any help you can give me. :confused3

I'm desperate but not that desperate to write it twice. The first post was not there when I checked and only appeared after I posted the 2nd. Sorry for taking up so much space.

In building 7 on the unofficial POFQ site, it shows the buildings connected by grey. Is that roof line? Another example is building 6 3rd floor. Room 6341 is directly acrosee from room 6309 in another building with grey somehow joining the buildings but a white space in between. What is that white space.

The grey area is the external walkway to the rooms, and all of the three 'sub-sections' of each larger building are linked together by them so you can walk all the way round on any level under cover. This means you can use any of the four stairwells (or the elevator) in any building, and then walk around to your room. See the building photos at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Grounds.php for a better idea.

The small white space in the middle of some of the buildings is an open gap between the building wall and the next walkway (it's garden on the ground floor, and open with railings that you can look over on the upper floors):

POFQ-Grounds-2007-3977_forum.jpg

Andre

Andre, you rule. That is the picture I needed! I guess I need to move the rest of my questions to another thread but thanks for taking the time to answer this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter