Port Orleans Gator Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a known fact gators only attack guests staying In WDW during the month of Sept as its free dining for everyone.

We saw a gator at CSR last year. We were told they let them stay til there about 4 feet long and then remove them. I wonder where they take them? Has anyone ever seen one removed? Wonder if they do it in the middle of the night so no guests are alarmed.

It was kind of cool. Everytime we'd cross the bridge to El Centro we'd look for the gator. We've seen many gators at other places in Fl. I like them at a distance. Wouldn't want to swim in any lakes or ponds in Fl!!
I got a chance to see the gator at CSR. Got some good shots of him. He looked like he was waiting to be feed.

vmuefo.jpg

vmuerc.jpg

vmuf0l.jpg

vmugjb.jpg

vmuh4l.jpg

vmuhie.jpg

vmuhrq.jpg

The waiver does nothing in the real world as far a liability goes. If a waiver is all that a site needs to avoid liability then no insurance would be required to host an event or allow water sports on property. Any good attorney can get around a waiver.

Watersports such as waterskiing and wakebording(Sammy Duvall) are far more likely to let bacteria into your body than just swimming. If you ever had a good crash while wakebording you would know how much water gets forced up your nose and into your sinuses. Water sports have gone on in Florida lakes for many generations with little problems. There were some major problems last year but not at Disney lakes. Waiver or not Disney would not allow these events if they had a problem with the water. Just my opinion!!!!

If you have any evidence that the water off of Clementine beach(Fort Wilderness) is contaminated or ever was I would like to see it.

Yes I have, and if you read what I wrote you would see that in the middle of the lake, where they ski, it is not a problem. It is along the banks that this bacteria lives. To say that Disney's lakes are so magical they do not have a problem with a natural bacteria found all over Florida is ridiculus. It is a state wide problem and Disney is very wise and responsible to not allow swimming in the lakes.

As far as the legal validity of signing a release form, I won't debate that. It is a very common form used all over the United States in sports events and I imagine it holds up pretty well unless you can prove negligence. As far as insurance it covers a whole array of issues, especially man made ones, and required for just about everything. To say it wouldn't be needed...:confused3

Maybe one reason Disney has no problems is that they do not allow swimming on their beaches where the bacteria lives ! Prevention goes a long way. There or not, I will not put my family at risk by entering the shallow water, simply not worth it.

The book "Disney: The Mouse Betrayed" relates the following incident:

"On October 10, 1986, eight-year-old Paul Santamaria and his family were staying at the Walt Disney World campgrounds for a quiet vacation. Paul went down to the pond with some old bread to feed the ducks. An alligator lunged from the water and grabbed him by the leg. Paul desperately fought to keep from being pulled under the water and eventually freed himself, and survived.

Paul's father asked the company to pay his son's medical bills from the attack. 'They flat out refused to admit that Paul had been bit,' says Orlando attorney, John Overchuck, who represented them. Only after he threatened to make an alligator tooth 'Exhibit A' in a civil suit did the company agree to pay up."

I make no claim whatsoever as to the veracity of the foregoing, but there it is. It comes up if you google gator attack at disneyworld.

We saw alligators and snakes when we were there in 2010/2011
We just took it as part of the experience of being in FL. (We're from the UK, but I have done several partial AT hikes and was sure to learn about local wildlife before we arrived)
it was exciting to me to get photos (zoom lens) And the only thing I did was instruct my son NEVER to put his hands into any bushes / grasses / shrubbery / plants where he couldn't see where his hand was going. other than this, and obviously, as everywhere, not leaving food lying around / feeding the wildlife, which we don't do anyway - even bread is dangerous to ducks so... We just enjoyed our holiday.
We were told that they try to move the gators on when they get to 4ft, but, I guess it's not always been possible.

It is possible since people fall in lakes on the time.

Dozens of gator threads started over the last couple of weeks, but you found it necessary to bring back an 8 year old zombie thread with a sensationalized and misleading title. Seriously? What were you thinking?

Yes. We have established that there are alligators in Florida, and WDW is in Florida. This is not news. Can we move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter