port orleans french

pammiller87

experienced disney goer
Hi everyone, what do you think about port orleans french quarters? My boyfriend and i are going in december! Is it a long walk to the bus? How bout the food court and pool? Thanks for all of your help!

This will be our 4th year in a row staying at POFQ. After staying at other resorts, we settled on this one. It is very small and that is what we like. The buses are very efficient and you can also take the boat to downtown Disney. The food court is average. The resort was refurbished a few years ago so it is nice and clean.

This is coming from a guy who's wife is always running late and has two young daughters! If you want more amenities, you might want to go bigger like CSR but be prepared to walk and go through several bus stops.

POFQ is my favorite moderate! We stayed there during the Holiday season a few years ago and it was wonderful The resort was decorated, the music was awesome. It is so compact that there is no such thing as a long walk anywhere. The convenience of the boat to POR and to DTD cannot be beat.

You can check out all the details on POFQ on the official POFQ thread or portorleans.org.

Both are very well maintained by Andre; who loves both properties and it gives a lot of insight into all aspects of both POFQ and POR.

We stayed there last time and I did love the rooms. The main building was far enough away that we had to drive to it. We decided to drive to the parks instead of taking the buses. Didn't like the buses very much, but, it was summer.

Wow thank you everyone! I am soooo excited to go!! I dont mind that its a smaller resort i wanted something different and romantic. Thanks everyone!

You can check out all the details on POFQ on the official POFQ thread or portorleans.org.

Both are very well maintained by Andre; who loves both properties and it gives a lot of insight into all aspects of both POFQ and POR.

My suggestion as well. Read page 1 of the POFQ thread, it has lots of info.

French Quarter is a very compact resort and everything is very conveniently located and east to get to :love:

One of our favs! We have stayed with 2 families, one with kids and one without. Loved by all!:thumbsup2

We stayed there last time and I did love the rooms. The main building was far enough away that we had to drive to it. We decided to drive to the parks instead of taking the buses. Didn't like the buses very much, but, it was summer.

I think you may be thinking of Port Orleans: Riverside. Nothing is a long walk from the main building at Port Orleans: French Quarter. There is also not a bad building. Everything is within a 5 minute walk. Riverside is much bigger and if you don't like walking, you might want to drive.

We will be staying at POFQ for the third time in January! Originally we had to book POR because we had 5 people but my mom decided to bring my aunt so now we have 6 people and needed two rooms...so we switched to FQ. It is a lovely resort! I love how small it is. Both times we were in building 7 which is furthest away from everything, but even with two small children, it never felt like a long walk. I think staying at a "preferred" room at Pop Century was a longer walk! I don't think the food court is all that great (although the guy in the Scat's Cat lounge is AWESOME!) and the pool is okay. My kids liked the pool, but they're only 2 and 4! You can use the food court and pool at POR though and it's a beautiful walk. We frequently walked over there for both.

POR looks beautiful but it's a HUGE resort. It's very romatic to walk around it at night though! You can also pay for a carriage ride. That looks like fun too!

i know you can walk from pofq to por-but can you drive there without leaving the resort-ie. do you need to exit and re-enter at por main gate?

t.i.a. :)

POFQ is our all time favorite moderate resort, whenever we stay in moderates, that is our go to place. It's funny, there have been numerous times were we have made reservations for other moderates but then change it back to POFQ because we love it so much. We love how small the resort is, (no matter which building you are in, you are minutes away from everything) the theme is great, my kids love the pool, love the ferry to and from DTD, and yes our family really likes the food court there (love the beignets) :goodvibes.

i know you can walk from pofq to por-but can you drive there without leaving the resort-ie. do you need to exit and re-enter at por main gate?

t.i.a. :)

I think you can get from one to the other via resort access roads, without going on the main road.

You are picking a great resort. POFQ is a small, quaint resort. The grounds are beautiful. The free boat ride to DTD is a great perk. I used to love trying new WDW resorts, until I tried POFQ. I couldn't image staying anywhere else (except for Cinderella Castle).

My wife and I stayed there on our Honeymoon last year and we loved it. The boat ride to DTD is awesome too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter