Port Orleans French Quarter......will us late twenties kids enjoy it?

figmentsimagination

I've been earning my ears for years
So, I was trying to work out my husband and I staying at the AKL for April 2013...but we don't think we can swing that...so we are looking to stay at a moderate resort. I've stayed at Coronado Springs previously, and just thought it was OK (really spread out and I would have just stayed at Pop again if I had done more research then).

So anyway, I am looking at Port Orleans French Quarter. I am not as excited about the theme as I was for AKL... but it is nice...

What are your opinions? I am thinking that as long as we eat at AKL twice we will be happy with just visiting AKL and staying at POFQ.

We just found out last night that my husband got a new job, so we are thrilled... and COULD potentially stay at AKL...:teacher: but we think we are going to keep it at a moderate resort.

I know most of the resorts is what you like (theme wise) but I can see us really enjoying the boat to DTD and the awesome pool slide (there's not an age limit for that right? Lol)

Thanks!!!popcorn::

Hi! I feel the same way when booking resorts - stay where we want to? Or save money? It's always such a problem! I'm also in my late 20s and I haven't stayed at POFQ, but did stay at POR. POR was nice, but I found myself back to a Deluxe this last visit. For me, it's worth the splurge, especially if you are staying at the less expensive WL or AKL. I wouldn't decide just yet. Why don't you see why type of room discounts are available for 2013? We recently stayed at the WL with a discount and paid what we would have paid for a moderate. For me, that's worth it. I'll bet something will come around!
I'm glad in the end we stayed at a Deluxe. It was nice to have a larger bar area, large lobby to enjoy and most of all, a balcony and not a window facing the walkway (as you find in the moderates/values). I find the moderates to be perfectly lovely, but the Deluxe just has that little something special.

Hi! I feel the same way when booking resorts - stay where we want to? Or save money? It's always such a problem! I'm also in my late 20s and I haven't stayed at POFQ, but did stay at POR. POR was nice, but I found myself back to a Deluxe this last visit. For me, it's worth the splurge, especially if you are staying at the less expensive WL or AKL. I wouldn't decide just yet. Why don't you see why type of room discounts are available for 2013? We recently stayed at the WL with a discount and paid what we would have paid for a moderate. For me, that's worth it. I'll bet something will come around!
I'm glad in the end we stayed at a Deluxe. It was nice to have a larger bar area, large lobby to enjoy and most of all, a balcony and not a window facing the walkway (as you find in the moderates/values). I find the moderates to be perfectly lovely, but the Deluxe just has that little something special.

Thank you Karabee!

I agree with staying at a place with a larger area. I think for us personally we would have more fun... :) I hope there will be some good promotions.. I just hope we catch them when it's the right time to book.. we are definitely looking at the end of April in 2013. The main reason why we were going to stay at a less expensive resort is because we want to do deluxe dining...we are crossing our fingers that we can get free dining (again) and upgrade to deluxe. We LOVE signature dining.... (who doesn't!):wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter