Port Orleans French Quarter - Not usually included in discounts??

RunDisney Crazy

Mouseketeer
I've seen numerous replies that the Port Orleans French Quarter is usually not included in the room discounts, but have read once or twice where someone did receive the discounts. Anyone know the reason or if they are ever offered at POFQ?

They are sometimes offered. I got one for my room for my trip that's coming up next week...it was 15% off....I don't know why they're rare, but I've heard because it's not hard to fill the rooms there so they don't need the discounts for the rooms, so maybe that's why?

I've seen numerous replies that the Port Orleans French Quarter is usually not included in the room discounts, but have read once or twice where someone did receive the discounts. Anyone know the reason or if they are ever offered at POFQ?
They are usually included in bounce back offers and in passholder discounts. When they have been included in general public discounts they are usually limited to a 5% room discount. They tend to be excluded from general public free dining offers.

POFQ can usually fill its rooms without offering a discount because they are popular, like the Little Mermaid rooms.

We stayed there in Feb 2013 with the stay, play and dine discount. But it is excluded from a lot of discounts.

I think it is usually excluded, but I got a PIN last year that I was able to use. Look at Riverside, it's beautiful!

POFQ sometimes is included for room discounts, but at a lower percentage than the other resorts.. around 15% off. The resort is so small, and they have no problems filling rooms there, so that is why it is rarely included in discounts. For FD, is almost always excluded. Usually it is excluded from general public free dining, and sometimes it is included if you get a PIN code. We used a PIN for free dining when we went in Nov 2014, and we were able to apply it to our POFQ reservation.

We are staying at POFQ this spring. Rack rate through Disney was $1921 for 8 nights garden view. We ended up paying $1354 through a travel agent.

I got POFQ on Disney's discount mid Nov last year for 2 days at the same discount the other mods were running (I'm thinking it was 15%). (I switched to AKL so I don't know how busy POFQ ultimately was late last fall, but it is possible you can catch it on Disney's seasonal offers.)

I normally only get it through a pin code offer the past few years. I get a lot of pin code offers now that we go less frequently ;) I stopped getting them entirely for 2 years after I had an AP for 1 year so I'll never do that again....

I normally only get it through a pin code offer the past few years. I get a lot of pin code offers now that we go less frequently ;) I stopped getting them entirely for 2 years after I had an AP for 1 year so I'll never do that again....

Who knows how they decide who gets them or not. We have gone every year, sometimes twice, since 2007 and still get 4-5 PINs every year. :confused3

Who knows how they decide who gets them or not. We have gone every year, sometimes twice, since 2007 and still get 4-5 PINs every year. :confused3
And here I sit, having gone at least twice a year since before 2007, and have received maybe one all that time! :confused3 There sure is no rhyme or reason...

We already have POFQ booked for 10-22 to 10-29. Garden view room with dining and park hopper. I have been trying to call to see if we get the discount, what are our chance?

In 2012, the only reason we stayed at POFQ was because there was a discount. We are originally booked at ASMo but upgraded when the discount became available. I'm so glad we did because I fell in love with it!

We got POFQ with a 30% room only discount in March 2015 (gp discount) but our TA said that was very rare. She said it's because its small and fills quickly. Makes sense.

We've stayed many years at FQ (as you can see in my signature) with BB free dining offer. This year we could not get a BB free dining offer at FQ, but ended up getting one at Riverside. FQ is our favourite resort, but we're looking forward to trying something new. However, if I could get a FD offer, I'd be back at FQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter