Port Orleans French Quarter ins & out & such

krismusc313

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I am starting to get super excited for our trip in 22 days!! :banana: I have browsed through the Official Thread for POFQ but it is just sooo long. So I'm asking for some details about the resort.

Are they any special things I should know? Room requests? Little knows things to do? Basically looking for some "insider" info since you guys all have the knowledge I am lacking :)

Anyway anything you think is helpful i'd love to hear.

TIA!

We stayed there in February of this year....LOVED it! It was the perfect size for us. We stayed in Building 5 and I thought the location was perfect. Close to everything and it was actually pretty quiet (we were on the courtyard side, not the pool side).

I don't really have any "insider info" but some of the things we enjoyed were:
*There is a boat ride that takes you from the resort to Downtown Disney. We all enjoyed that. It was really relaxing and a fun way to get around.
*The beignets in the food hall are really yummy!
*We had great experience with the buses - it was always a direct route from the resort to each park. There's only one bus stop too so once you're on, you're on your way! We didn't share the bus with any other resorts (had heard rumors that POFQ and POR shared a bus but that wasn't the case for our stay.)

Overall, POFQ was a really quiet and relaxing place to stay. My kids enjoyed the pool but we spent most of our time at the parks and they didn't get to swim as often has they wanted to. We are heading back in December but staying at POR this time since the POFQ was booked for our stay.

If you have any specific questions, let me know - I might be able to help. But, I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what!!!

Hi All,

I am starting to get super excited for our trip in 22 days!! :banana: I have browsed through the Official Thread for POFQ but it is just sooo long. So I'm asking for some details about the resort.

Are they any special things I should know? Room requests? Little knows things to do? Basically looking for some "insider" info since you guys all have the knowledge I am lacking :)

Anyway anything you think is helpful i'd love to hear.

TIA!

OK ready? This is my family's favorite resort. It is so quiet and the grounds beautiful. The kids always choose FQ when we ask. Here are some of the things we have done.

1) Some nights, they have movies projected on the lawn. We would bring our towels and pillows down. Grab a snack and enjoy some free disney movies. They will have a schedule in the lobby.

2) The boat to DTD is relaxing and fun

3) Head over to the Riverside hotel (walk, take ferry or bus)and you can do pole fishing, horse and carriage rides, boat rentals, bike rentals etc...

4) We rented a pontoon boat and cruised the rivers for a couple of hours on one trip and it was a lot of fun.

5) Also hair wraps for the girls at POR.

6) Bonfires and toasting marshmallows. I think this is behind building 6. Right on the water by the river. A great way to relax and enjoy the area.

7) We love building 2 or 5. They are closest to the Pool and food court.

8) Love them Beignets at the food court!

Have a great vacation. Wish we were going soon. Looks like 2014 for us after going 6 times in last 4-5 years. Ah! the memories. :scratchin

We stayed here in 1998 the very first time we took our kids, they were 5 & 7 years old. Since that trip we have stayed at Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Beach Club and The Swan. This January my daughter (now 21yrs) and I are taking our first "girls only" trip and this is the resort we chose! We have been dying to come back here, but in previous trips as a family we enjoy the location of the Boardwalk area hotels. So excited!!

I believe you are staying at the best resort on Disney property. We used to try new resorts each time, but since we went to POFQ in 2010, I have to go back.

The best advice I can give is ask for a corner room, 3rd floor if you like it quiet. The corner room gives you an extra window, and it makes the room seem much larger.

POR is only a short walk (or boat ride) away, and you can pay for carriage rides there. I am hoping to try this in December.

The boat to DTD is a great benefit. It seems faster than the buses, since there are so many stop lights at DTD.

Also, early mornings a man is near the main entrance, and gives "coins" to kids which hold meaning for the French Quarter. Sometimes he just puts the coins near a fountain, and you can pick up one if you like.

Also, the CM's in the gift shop sometimes offer free beads! It's a cute, fun thing.

Have a FANTASTIC, MAGICAL trip.

You get use of the pools at POFQ and POR. POR pool is better in my view. Would also add the grounds of these two resorts are beautiful and relaxing, worth taking the time to walk around.

We stayed here in 1998 the very first time we took our kids, they were 5 & 7 years old. Since that trip we have stayed at Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Beach Club and The Swan. This January my daughter (now 21yrs) and I are taking our first "girls only" trip and this is the resort we chose! We have been dying to come back here, but in previous trips as a family we enjoy the location of the Boardwalk area hotels. So excited!!

You two will have so much fun! My mom and I took our first girls' trip at POFQ when I was 22 and it was the best time. 2 years later, my husband proposed to me on the carriage ride at POR. It's a special place for making memories

We stayed at POFQ for Spring Break this past year. I was traveling with my DS16 and DS14 as well as my parents. We had rooms right next to each other in building 4. We all loved the resort. My DS16 told me on the last day that he would like to stay there again. He said, "It is really nice without being too fancy." Anyway, we enjoyed riding the boat over to POR one night to see Bob Jackson. He is quite entertaining. It is fun! The earlier show is more for kids. If you happen to ride the boat over to swim at POR, make sure to wear a cover up and boys need a shirt. I saw one man who came over to POFQ from POR to swim and he did not have a shirt. The driver of the boat was not going to allow him on the boat without a shirt....needless to say, he ended up wearing his wife's cover-up on the way home. It was pretty funny....yet strange that they allowed him on the boat on the way over, yet on his return trip they were not going to allow him on without a shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter