Port Orleans - French Quarter - INFO PLEASE

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
WE just changed to POFQ Resort for our May Trip and I am trying to find info on it... :) Would love some reviews from you all.... its our 1st WDW Trip... We were staying at BC but we changed our mind... and changed it this morning.... from what I have read it will fit with our family better... :) I may have to change a few ADR's better get on that huh... lol

Anyway love some advice... I searched for info on here but couldnt find an official thread:confused:

We stayed at POFQ and loved it. It's one of our favorite places to stay due to the small size of the hotel. Pretty much everything is in within a 5 min walking distance. The rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. The pool has a fun theme and you can also use the pool at POR. We really enjoyed the boat ride from DTD to POFQ and also the buses are much less crowded than other resorts when you're coming back from the parks at night. I think you will really enjoy it.

Have stayed at both. POFQ is a great Mod resort and the smallest of them all making moving around easier and food court, etc. closer to rooms. Pool and setting are nice, but not spectacular. Buses to all parks - often shared with POR. Boat or bus to DTD. Can use facilities at POR - about a 5-10 minute walk up "river."
There are some key differences though between the BC (deluxe) and POFQ (mod).

Rooms - BC rooms considerably larger, queen beds instead of double, usually a daybed for 5th guest or sitting, private balcony, all interior hallways and room access, true closet and much more storage/drawer space
POFQ- made up of several building, exterior entraces/walkways, cannot access food court/lobby/shop without going outside, smaller rooms, closet rod only, much less drawer/storage space, 2 double beds.
Pool/recreation Far superior at BC with SAB. More kids activities, health club, "beach front" with evening movies, additional quiet pool and hot tub. Also five minute walk to Boardwalk with many entertainment options and also can walk to Fantasia mini golf.
Food - POFQ food court only. BC/YC- resorts connected- 2 quick serve places - marketplace and pool side, 3rd for Continental breakfast at YC, Cape May Cafe for character breakfast and a clambake dinner buffet. 3 additional sit down restuarants on property- Beaches and Cream, Captain's Grille and YC Steakouse as well as several interior bars/lounges. Also a five minute walk to all the restaurants/offerings of Boardwalk and BC offers full room service.
Accessability- BC - Can walk to Epcot in 5 minutes and DHS in 15-20 minutes. Also boat transportation to both making buses only needed for AK and MK- about 15 minutes to each.

There is an official POFQ thread floating around with lots of great info and reviews, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Stayed at POFQ for 7 nights two weeks ago- LOVE this resort! Very small and compact- never a far walk to buses or food court, setting is very peaceful and relaxing, our room was very clean and the maid service we had was outstanding. Our maid left towel animals most days and always arranged the kids stuffed animals in cute ways around the room. She also left extra towels/rags without our request and when we got the stomach virus, she came and disinfected the whole room, changed the sheets, and thoroughly cleaned the bathroom and sinks.
The food court is good- serves the purpose. Check in/out was very quick and efficient.
This is by far our favorite resort and we will always stay at POFQ after this past trip!!!

We've stayed at both and enjoyed both. We loved the BC for proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk area, the pool is amazing too! We hated the bus service though. We've had many stays at POFQ and keep going back because we love the quaintness, bus service, atmosphere and boats to DTD. I think you would enjoy either resort! I enjoy the extra money I save by staying at POFQ too!:)

Thank you everyone...

I really think we made a good choice to switch... we arent big water people... quick dip in a pool is all we need.... we want to have a nice relaxing vacation and the queitness of POFQ sounds ideal... We already plan on taking cabs to some of our ressies... though I may change one or two if I can still - as we had two cape may buffets planned - I think we will change that to someplace else... I will have to call and see whats available... I really think we are doing the right thing... Thank you everyone

Now to find some pictures...

Here are some pics for you:
Entrance to lobby and food court:
068.jpg

Entrance to pool:
067.jpg

Sassagoula River:
066.jpg

Pic from the Riverside section of the resort:
065.jpg

Our Room (Building 4, corner room on 2nd floor, room 4209 (I think..):
025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

Enjoy!! It is a very pretty resort and we really had a great time therewhen we went last August:thumbsup2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Great pics...

It really is pretty... Thank you...

I am still looking for the FAQ thread though... cant find it... lol

POFQ info thread is listed under WDW Resort FAQ & Information thread at the top of the page. Have a great trip!!!

I was looking at the pics (very nice) and was wondering if the corner rooms are the best or if they are all the same at POFQ? We are going to be there June 24-30. This is our very first time going to WDW.:woohoo: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter