Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

We may be staying at POFQ this summer for the first time. It looks like a beautiful resort and I know my mom will love to sit and enjoy the scenery and read / relax.

I've browsed the picture thread and didn't see many outdoor sitting areas / benches, etc around the various building or along the river banks.

Are there outdoor sitting areas around the buildings?

Thanks so much!!

We will be at POFQ this summer, too!! If you want to see more pictures of POFQ go to www.youtube.com and search for Walt Disney World Port Orleans French Quarters (or whatever else you would like to view). I go on to view POFQ but also some of parks, etc.

Have fun!

Does anyone remember the in park bus stop numbers for POR/FQ? I looked for bus stop numbers in the transportation thread but to know avail. We've stayed at Pop so much that I'll automatically go to their bus stop if I don't start planning ahead! :goodvibes Thank you very much in advance!!!
BTW, this thread turned me from going to Pop for Spring Break. I'm so excited to be staying at FQ in a couple of months!!! :banana:

I'm staying at POFQ for my first resort stay in July. I'm very excited. It'll be our fifth wedding anniversary, and I think we're going to do the carriage ride from Riverside. Looking forward to following along on this thread.

we check in tomorrow!! I have been counting down since 200 days and the day is finally tomorrow! Oh... How am I going to sleep??

Yipee!!!!! :banana:

I'm staying at POFQ for my first resort stay in July. I'm very excited. It'll be our fifth wedding anniversary, and I think we're going to do the carriage ride from Riverside. Looking forward to following along on this thread.

In August 2010 we stayed at POFQ for OUR fifth anniversary-which was in July but celebrated in August-and took the carriage ride from Riverside! One of our favorite things we've done at the World! Happy Anniversary and have fun!

How many snack credits for the 6 beignets? I would hope one based on the cost.

Beignets - Six Beignets - $4.29
Beignets - Three Beignets - $2.99

we check in tomorrow!! I have been counting down since 200 days and the day is finally tomorrow! Oh... How am I going to sleep??

Yipee!!!!! :banana:

Congrats = must be sooooo exciting right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!
Sydnerella's Mama

How many snack credits for the 6 beignets? I would hope one based on the cost.

Beignets - Six Beignets - $4.29
Beignets - Three Beignets - $2.99

Last time we were there, only the three was included in the dining plan (for dessert or snack credit). I don't know if our experience was typical?

Last time we were there, only the three was included in the dining plan (for dessert or snack credit). I don't know if our experience was typical?

In 2007, our first trip to WDW, you could get six beignets for one snack credit on the DDP. In 2009, you could only get three beignets for one snack credit. I don't think it has changed since then. We didn't use the DDP on our trip in 2010 and probably won't on our next trip.

We stayed at POFQ in 2009 and 2011 (December of both) and we were only able to purchase the 3 using a snack credit.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm if POFQ has free wi-fi or not?

Yes it does - it's fairly new to POFQ. Search the thread and you will find several recent posts about the free wifi if you want more scoop on how well people think it works, etc...

I contacted Disney. As of October 14, 2012, wi-fi will be complimentary at the POFQ!

We just couldn't make it it up if we tried could we?! The biggest source of misinformation about Disney resorts really does seem to be Disney themselves at the moment...

To clarify, guest wi-fi has been free at both of the Port Orleans resorts since 15th December 2011.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter