Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read the answer to this if so forgive me for asking again. My 20 something son's and I will be at POFQ Dec. 17 - 21. I am planning on bringing a twin airbed because we don't share beds well. Can we get sheets, a pillow and blanket from mousekeeping?

No way is it a 19 minute drive from POFQ to Epcot. From exiting the security gate at POFQ to driving into the EPCOT entranceway is exactly 2.25 miles. You'd have to drive very slowly to make that take 19 minutes.

Andre

I'll take your word for it. This is my first stay at POFQ.

These times are, as I previously stated, from the 2012 Unofficial Guide(page 388). The times include:

"Driving times include time in your car, stops to pay tolls, time to park, and transfers on Disney trams and monorails where applicable."

I apologize if you assumed (or I unintentionally implied) that the times were from parking lot to parking lot. The times are more from resort to park entrance.

I agree. Also, I've never experienced a 24 minute bus ride from POFQ to Epcot, either. More like 10-15 minutes.

I believe the longer times listed in the unofficial guide take in potential stops at POR in their calculations.

In other words, if 1 out of 3 POFQ-Epcot buses stops at POR as well, and those stops take an extra 30 minutes, then the "average" time would be 10 minutes longer than a straight shot.

In case I need to point it out, the numbers I used above were created just for sake of illustrating the point. I have no idea what percentage of buses stop at both POFQ and POR, nor how long it actually takes to make the extra stops.

"Driving times include time in your car, stops to pay tolls, time to park, and transfers on Disney trams and monorails where applicable."

Ah, if you're talking of time from leaving your room to actually standing at the turnsiles ticket-in-hand to go into the park, then I think 19 minutes would be excellent from almost anywhere.

I was kinda surprised to be contradicting Len on matters Disney anyway, the UG is usually very, very good IMHO.

Andre

I want to bring my iPad but it only has wifi. Does POFQ have wireless internet services avilable for free or for a fee?

Thanks. So is the only option for Internet services at POFQ to bring a laptop and pay for the wired services from my room?

Or bring a small cheap wireless router with you, and use that with the in-room wired (paid) connection. Then you can connect all your wi-fi devices to that. That's what I do anyway.

Andre

Thanks for all the responses regarding transportation to Epcot. Since we're Disney transportation loyalists, I think we'll give the bus a try. Good points about the time needed to get through the gates, park, walk, etc. Since we always use Disney transport, we've never gone through that part of the routine! Thanks, again!

Just back! We loved POFQ!!!!

We were in building 5 and I think it was the perfect location. The rooms, pool, grounds, and boat service were all fantastic. My DS ate ribs in the food court every time he had the chance. He loved the campfire and movies. The pool slide was a hit! I heard it was slow, but it is fast enough to be fun but doesn't dunk you under at the end. We loved the boat service and used it frequently. DS did the Bayou Pirate Cruise and loved it!

This is my favorite resort now, :love:

Just back from an 8 night stay at POFQ. We had another great trip. We ran into no issues at the resort and the buses seemed to be more efficient this trip than in the past. The refurbished rooms were nice having the queen beds.

We are from just outside of New Orleans and decided to grab some beignets. They were a huge letdown. They were hollow in the middle. I guess we are spoiled having Cafe Du Monde's by us.

I can not wait till we go to WDW and POFQ :goodvibes

Please keep all the reviews coming - we love to read them.

We are staying in a standard room.
Any suggestions, comments, reviews on standard rooms ?

I know we are the parking lots - but we requested building 4 or 5 away from smoking area's.

Sound OK ?

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this 200+ page thread. But do the rooms have a microwave? We'll be going there next week and need a microwave to warm up milk for DS.

We are from just outside of New Orleans and decided to grab some beignets. They were a huge letdown. They were hollow in the middle. I guess we are spoiled having Cafe Du Monde's by us.

I thought they were supposed to be hollow in the middle! Well now I know different. Doubt I'll ever get to NO to have an authentic beignet though, so I'll settle for POFQ's. Dh likes them, but as for me I can take them or leave them. Once each trip is enough.

We leave in 12 days for 6 nights at POFQ!!! Can't wait!!! This will be our second time staying at POFQ and I just love it there.

I feel so unprepared though! Since dining and all that was planned so long ago, I've been so busy figuring out Christmas and my youngest daughter's birthday (we are going to be traveling after disney to my parents' for Christmas) that I feel like I'm not prepared enough now for Disney!

Where do you guys all find the disney decorations for your hotel room? I thought it would be easy to find things like window clings, but I can't find disney ones!

I can not wait till we go to WDW and POFQ :goodvibes

Please keep all the reviews coming - we love to read them.

We are staying in a standard room.
Any suggestions, comments, reviews on standard rooms ?

I know we are the parking lots - but we requested building 4 or 5 away from smoking area's.

Sound OK ?
I booked a Standard room and requested Bldg 5 or Bldg 2....got 5306....I thought we would end up on the back side, but we were close to the pool. The location was GREAT! The only negative is that it was an "accessible" room, so only had 1 sink, and it was inside the main bathroom.
We leave in 12 days for 6 nights at POFQ!!! Can't wait!!! This will be our second time staying at POFQ and I just love it there.

I feel so unprepared though! Since dining and all that was planned so long ago, I've been so busy figuring out Christmas and my youngest daughter's birthday (we are going to be traveling after disney to my parents' for Christmas) that I feel like I'm not prepared enough now for Disney!

Where do you guys all find the disney decorations for your hotel room? I thought it would be easy to find things like window clings, but I can't find disney ones!

I got mine at Walmart and the Dollar Store, saw some at Walgreen's today too.

Hi all,

I added some pictures from our August trip in the POFQ picture thread if anyone is interested. They are also in my photobucket account linked in my signature. Most of them are in the final day of the Disney 2011 album.

Are there preferred buildings at POFQ? If not - what is the best way to get a room close to the main building? I'm having a lot of problems with my foot and I'd like to be as close as possible.

When we were there this summer I ended up driving cause we were at the farthest possible point from the main building - this time we may not have the car though.

Just back! We loved POFQ!!!!

We were in building 5 and I think it was the perfect location. The rooms, pool, grounds, and boat service were all fantastic. My DS ate ribs in the food court every time he had the chance. He loved the campfire and movies. The pool slide was a hit! I heard it was slow, but it is fast enough to be fun but doesn't dunk you under at the end. We loved the boat service and used it frequently. DS did the Bayou Pirate Cruise and loved it!

This is my favorite resort now, :love:

Please tell me about DS's experience with the Bayou Pirate Cruise! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter