Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wanted to stay at POFQ and we are booked to stay there in 3 weeks...however, now I am second guessing myself. Last year we stayed at CSR and I loved it so much there, and we had such a great stay...I'm afraid that POFQ won't live up to my expectations! What do you fellow DISers think?

I have always wanted to stay at POFQ and we are booked to stay there in 3 weeks...however, now I am second guessing myself. Last year we stayed at CSR and I loved it so much there, and we had such a great stay...I'm afraid that POFQ won't live up to my expectations! What do you fellow DISers think?

We have stayed at both and will be staying at POFQ again at the end ofthe month. I really like both!! I prefer the food court at POFQ but the store is nicer at CSR. The pools at both are great! Now that POFQ has queen beds they are equal in my mind. this year we are staying longer so I am hoping to explore riverside resort next door and take the boat to downtown Disney.

Just made my final payment yesterday and will be checking into POFQ in 44 days!!!:cool1: So excited!

Got back last week, booked a bounceback for POFQ for 2012, 9-21 to 9-30, another countdown begins!!!:cool1::cool1:

Hey Neighbor! We're in Vermont too! Glad you had a nice time at POFQ! Can't wait for our 4-peat in 307 extremely long days! hahahahah!

Hi, you aren't kidding about the froid part; although this weekend is supposed to be unseasonably warm we all know what is coming. Enjoy your countdown, we know you will have alot to look forward to. Happy Planning.

I think if you don't see one in your room, you can call a number (4444?) and they will still let you book it, as long as you are still checked in.

May I ask what the bounceback offer is and if you may use whatever discount it is for more than one room? For instance if I book 3 rooms for my extended family even though I only have one room on this trip? We will be going to the world in 2012 with my DH's family but then going again in 2013 with my family.

I am also wondering what the deal is and if it is too good to pass up or if free dining is just as good of a buy.

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I think if you don't see one in your room, you can call a number (4444?) and they will still let you book it, as long as you are still checked in.

I have never heard of that and of course my trip is over and done with. I will have to file that information away for future use.

May I ask what the bounceback offer is and if you may use whatever discount it is for more than one room? For instance if I book 3 rooms for my extended family even though I only have one room on this trip? We will be going to the world in 2012 with my DH's family but then going again in 2013 with my family.

I am also wondering what the deal is and if it is too good to pass up or if free dining is just as good of a buy.

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I think the last one I read about on here was for free dining next September. I believe you can book up to 3 rooms with it.

Oh No! Not another snake sighting at POFQ. I am hyperventilating over the possibility of seeing a snake on our vacation. We will be there in less than a month and I am praying to have a snake free trip! :scared1:

I go to WDW several times a year and pretty much always stay at a moderate. I've stayed at all four more than once. My favorites are CSR followed closely by POFQ. I love both for different reasons.

I love CSR for the better bus service (consistently best of any WDW resort including the values and deluxes I've stayed at), the very comfortable queen size beds, best food court, biggest hot tub on property, and the nice main pool and quiet pools. Plus we love the white sand beaches and hammocks in the Cabana section and lovely fountains in the Casitas.

I love POFQ because it's the smallest WDW resort so no room is very far from anything and the boat to DTD. We also love listening to Elliot Dyson in the lounge. POFQ also has queen size beds, but they are not near as comfortable as the ones at CSR (We stayed at POFQ last May right after they finished the refurb and at CSR in Sept--so both recent trips).

Again I love both resorts and have no problem staying at either. In fact I stayed at CSR just a few weeks ago and will be there again Nov 26th-Dec 4th, but also have trips booked at POFQ for Feb 4th-11th. In May I'll be staying at either CSR or POFQ again.

The number to call from the room is 8844. Don't ask me how many times I've called that number.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Oh No! Not another snake sighting at POFQ. I am hyperventilating over the possibility of seeing a snake on our vacation. We will be there in less than a month and I am praying to have a snake free trip! :scared1:

Being from the South, these posts always make me laugh. Florida is in the South. Critters of all kinds are prevalent down here: snakes, spiders, oppossums, raccoons, bobcats, squirrels, lizards, armadillos, coyotes, skunks, rabbits, ducks, large birds, etc, plus Florida also has alligators. All of these are in WDW year around. There is a chance you may see some or all of these.

Oh No! Not another snake sighting at POFQ.

Comes with the territory for Florida I'm afraid, you might see all sorts of wildlife, snakes included. Generally not man-eating though, and they won't bother you if you don't bother them.

I should also warn you that it might rain sometimes, and be fairly hot. :)

Andre

I have read so many good things about both resorts, I don't think you can go wrong. We briefly switched to CBR in order to get FD, but were so sad about leaving POFQ that I kept looking for a FD deal & finally found it. We are very excited about having new rooms & a location by downtown disney & a smaller resort & all the poolside activities. i'm like you though, I hate switchng if I had a tough to beat previous trip. I do like the looks of CSR's pool though. I'd say go for POFQ. Or try a split stay. You get what you are comfortable with, plus get to try something new.

HI! I was wondering if I could get some help here... I have got myself so excited to come to POFQ (we have stayed in CBR and POP) I want to try different resorts since there are so many. Anyhow...I saw some where on here people talking about POR and POFQ (and which one was better) I want to stay in a refurbished room (POFQ) since not all of (POR) are finished....any way we will have a car so buses are no problem. But I know that after a day at the park we will want to go to the pool and relax...this is just so hard and I think DH is making a mistake by saying we should switch resorts..... I like the look of some of the rooms @ POR (but again we arent guaranteed to get the refurbished ones....HELP!!!!!!! SO CONFUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter