Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have the big mickey waffles at the food court? One of the things I must get on each trip is a large mickey waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. I don't really want the small child sized ones.

I was at POFQ in late June and took photos of the menu board for Andre.

I just checked my photos...yes, the Mickey-shaped waffles with fruit are on the Breakfast menu. Listed separately, under "Kid Pick's" are Mini waffles.

So...as of late June 2011, adult-sized Mickey waffles were on the menu!

I just changed my reservation from POR to POFQ. I am very excited about the smaller size and the theme looks lovely in the pictures. I asked for a ground floor room close to the pool. It looks like buildings 1 and 7 are furthest from the pool/food court. How long of a walk would you say those are? Also how long of a walk to POR? I think we'd want to do a carriage ride with our kids and maybe some fishing.

I was at POFQ in late June and took photos of the menu board for Andre.

I just checked my photos...yes, the Mickey-shaped waffles with fruit are on the Breakfast menu. Listed separately, under "Kid Pick's" are Mini waffles.

So...as of late June 2011, adult-sized Mickey waffles were on the menu!

MMMMMM - can't wait for Mickey waffles! They just taste better there.:woohoo:

Soooo excited for our first trip staying on property!!! After scouring the boards, we picked POFQ & we just can't wait. We'd really like a corner room with 2 windows, but somewhere we read that we should request an "outer corner" or the view would be blocked by the staircase. Can anyone clear that up so that I'll make sense when I do a room request? Thanks!!

:cool1: Dadda :love: Momma :hippie: Sissy :rotfl2: Brover

I was just able to switch my package to the Free Dining package!!! I am so happy to have found a deal, esp. that busy Thanksgiving rate. I have never paid rack rate, but was afraid I was going to have to this time. Now I am even more excited about the trip!!!:cheer2:

I was just able to switch my package to the Free Dining package!!! I am so happy to have found a deal, esp. that busy Thanksgiving rate. I have never paid rack rate, but was afraid I was going to have to this time. Now I am even more excited about the trip!!!:cheer2:

Congratulations:thumbsup2

We were also able to add Free Dining to our current package party:

Something about Thanksgiving and Free Dining that sounds so right :goodvibes

It's official! Thanks to free dining we were able to move from Pop back to POFQ!!!! Yayyyy!
Quick question - does mousekeeping replenish coffee in room on a daily basis?

Thanks,
Dawn

Going back to POFQ in a few months (this time with queen sized beds!!!). Just posting to subscribe...

Add us to the list of those who booked free dining yesterday! :banana:

I don't know much about the resort, but am looking forward to reading more about it! :surfweb:

I just changed our 8 night stay from Pop to POFQ with free dining. I have really wanted to stay here so yea!

I just switched our resort ressie from POP to POFQ...this will be a surprise for my DD!
MY DH and I lived in NewOrleans one summer years ago, so hope it will bring back some happy memories of strolling in the FQ with him!
any one else going to be there 10/13 - 10/21?

off to read the rest of the thread....hope to get lots of great info since this will be our first stay here!

I just switched our resort ressie from POP to POFQ...this will be a surprise for my DD!
MY DH and I lived in NewOrleans one summer years ago, so hope it will bring back some happy memories of strolling in the FQ with him!

off to read the rest of the thread....hope to get lots of great info since this will be our first stay here!

We'll be there 10/15 - 10/22!;) I know there are several other DISers at POFQ and POR. The October threads are hopping with folks!:banana:

Also added FD to our Easter 2012 trip (upgraded to DxDP) and really looking forward to our trip even more now! yay! :banana:

I am so bummed, I had to cancel our Oct ressies at POFQ because the new discount code that came out didnt apply to POFQ...not one single night in all of our 11 nights were available with a discount so for just a little more we moved to BWI

I will miss my POFQ so much! Maybe when they release the FL residents room only in the next week or so they will have POFQ available and I could go back

We will be there Oct 14-23! Welcome to POFQ during October!!! There are a few of us who will be there.

Hi all! We are debating switching from POR to POFQ for our anniversary trip...never stayed but I'm thinking the refurbished rooms alone and king size bed may be worth it! Does anyone have a link to picture of the new king size bed room??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter