• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh... and... for those who ask about FQ or RS... we went to look at RS, and much preferred FQ... so much smaller and compact. RS seemed so big and spead out. Especially with little kids, the compact size is ideal.

Thanks so much for posting this! I love this resort, it's my favorite!! I already couldn't wait to go back - now even more so :)!

We just got back last night from a week at POFQ as first timers. WE LOVED IT HERE and think its our new fav!!! We were in room 2114 and were soooo close to EVERYTHING. the pool and slide were great for my kids, and the grounds were beautiful.

Our one and only complaint... the busses. we waited over 30 mins too many times. MK opened at 8am the whole week, and we were at the busses for 7:05. the bus did not come until 7:35. and on the way back to the resort the same day, we waited 35 mins for the bus to arrive, then they were switching drivers, and the new driver was not there until 10 mins after we were boarded. we did make a complaint to the transportation service, and things seemed to improve a bit. Its just frustrating when you see every other bus coming and going except yours, and then you wait THAT long...

If you have any questions, ask away.

Glad you loved the resort, that's great to hear! We ran into that the last 2 times we stayed at Pop Century while waiting for a bus from the MK back to Pop.

We stayed at CSR this spring break, we were at bus stop #4 of the resort and the MK bus drove by us filled and did not stop for us. That was very disappointing. We ended up driving our car.

I love POFQ And I can't wait for Dec 2011 to see the Christmas decorations in POFQ!

oh, and btw... they are working on bldg 3!!!

DISNEY2011570.jpg

We got home late last night. Our stay was wonderful. We were in Building 5. No complaints about the buses at all. We had good luck all week, never waiting more than 10 minutes for a bus, and more often than not, the bus was arriving just as we were!! :thumbsup2

They were working on lots of rooms in Building 3 yesterday as we were taking one more stroll around the property. :)

We had the bounceback clock in our room, but the dates are so limited that we didn't take advantage.

I would like to stay in building 4 in POFQ because it's close to the food courts and the bus stop!

We got home late last night. Our stay was wonderful. We were in Building 5. No complaints about the buses at all. We had good luck all week, never waiting more than 10 minutes for a bus, and more often than not, the bus was arriving just as we were!! :thumbsup2

They were working on lots of rooms in Building 3 yesterday as we were taking one more stroll around the property. :)

We had the bounceback clock in our room, but the dates are so limited that we didn't take advantage.

Glad you had a great stay. Building 5 is our favorite & request it every year.

Sorry if I've overlooked it in the threads...but can someone give me a general idea of the ME drop off schedule? Is POFQ typically the last stop, first stop? I know they can change but just curious so we know what to expect and plan for. :cool1:

Thanks in advance,
Heather

We stayed in building 5 years ago, and where are room was situated it was very noisy. Although the location was very convenient, the noise from adults in the hot tub a night was quite annoying.

Glad you had a wonderful time RachelTori, and very relieved to read that you had a good experience with the buses. After reading another recent post about the buses, I was really concerned. Thanks to you, I'm back to simply looking forward to our trip in a few weeks rather than worrying about not renting a car. Yeahhhh!!!!

Glad you had a wonderful time RachelTori, and very relieved to read that you had a good experience with the buses. After reading another recent post about the buses, I was really concerned. Thanks to you, I'm back to simply looking forward to our trip in a few weeks rather than worrying about not renting a car. Yeahhhh!!!!

What you have to remember about buses is that some of it is subjective and much of it is timing and luck.

One person can show up and happen to have a bus waiting for them so they think "Hey, these buses are awesome."

Another person can show up just as a bus pulls away and then has to wait for the next one which could be 15-20 minutes. This person then thinks "Man, these buses are horrible!". But, if they had arrived one minute earlier, then they would have been person number one.

Then you have the fact that unless the person was literally watching the clock to see how long it takes, you really need to take the whole "I waiting 30 minutes!" with a grain of salt. I know that in my experiences, I will exaggerate the amount of time when in that sort of situation. I thought it had been 30 minutes when really it had been about 20. BIG difference in my opinion.

Plus, bad bus times can happen anywhere at anytime. There are simply too many variables in play to make public transportation "perfect" all the time.

So, what I am trying to say is don't worry about it. It is not really something you can control. So plan extra time to get places and just relax and go with the flow! :flower3:

I would like to stay in building 4 in POFQ because it's close to the food courts and the bus stop!

We have requested building 4 on on POFQ reservation for 2012.
We did not specify a view or floor - so what ever they give us, will be fine.
I just 'let the ball roll' and see where we will land.

I have even read, if you have building #4 and are the parking lot side - the parked cars are not really part of your view and no problems with headlights. :)

We have standard view reserved. so we may even get the parking lot view - but we will be closests to the bus stop - a plus in our opinion :)

We stayed in building 5 years ago, and where are room was situated it was very noisy. Although the location was very convenient, the noise from adults in the hot tub a night was quite annoying.

We had a room in building 5 overlooking the hot tub on our first trip. I didn't find noise from the hot tub to be much of a problem but I was surprised to see the mess people left behind.

RachelTori, do you remember approx when the bounce back offer dates were. Also were they for FD or % discount? Thank you:flower3:

I don't have the exact dates, but it was % off, not FD. 35% off Mods; 40% off Deluxes and Villas. IIRC, most of May was included, as was the first week of June. Late August, September, early October (I don't remember the exact dates though). Then the week before Thanksgiving and the week after Thanksgiving. I think there might have been a week in mid-December also. :confused3 Sorry, I wish I'd written the dates down.

I think the info has been posted on several threads in the Discount Codes & Rates forum.

What you have to remember about buses is that some of it is subjective and much of it is timing and luck.

One person can show up and happen to have a bus waiting for them so they think "Hey, these buses are awesome."

Another person can show up just as a bus pulls away and then has to wait for the next one which could be 15-20 minutes. This person then thinks "Man, these buses are horrible!". But, if they had arrived one minute earlier, then they would have been person number one.

Then you have the fact that unless the person was literally watching the clock to see how long it takes, you really need to take the whole "I waiting 30 minutes!" with a grain of salt. I know that in my experiences, I will exaggerate the amount of time when in that sort of situation. I thought it had been 30 minutes when really it had been about 20. BIG difference in my opinion.

Plus, bad bus times can happen anywhere at anytime. There are simply too many variables in play to make public transportation "perfect" all the time.

So, what I am trying to say is don't worry about it. It is not really something you can control. So plan extra time to get places and just relax and go with the flow! :flower3:

LilyWDW... if you were quoting and referring to my post of waiting over 30 minutes... I was not exaggerating. sometimes you don't need to "take it with a grain of salt" as we timed the time we arrived and the time the bus arrived. but I agree that there "is a BIG difference" between 20 and 30 minutes... and like I said, we did have to wait several times for over 30 minutes.

buses are out of our control... but when you are told they typically arrive every 15 - 20 mins, and you wait way past that, there is an issue. Some of us DO time it from arrival time, to departure time... especially with 2 young, excited children in tow. "IF" you were quoting me, please don't assume that I was exaggerating. We all know what making assumptions does...

LilyWDW... if you were quoting and referring to my post of waiting over 30 minutes... I was not exaggerating. sometimes you don't need to "take it with a grain of salt" as we timed the time we arrived and the time the bus arrived. but I agree that there "is a BIG difference" between 20 and 30 minutes... and like I said, we did have to wait several times for over 30 minutes.

buses are out of our control... but when you are told they typically arrive every 15 - 20 mins, and you wait way past that, there is an issue. Some of us DO time it from arrival time, to departure time... especially with 2 young, excited children in tow. "IF" you were quoting me, please don't assume that I was exaggerating. We all know what making assumptions does...

Wow... no, I was not quoting you. I didn't even see your post before. :confused3 I was simply making a very general comment about what I have seen on these boards... and I stand by that comment. In your situation you did know, but many times we have seen posts over the years where people ARE exaggerating. So yes, you do need to take such posts with a grain of salt because often there IS the matter of perspective.

Please do not take my post personally, because it was not aimed at you in any way. It was simply a post for the poster I did quote and letting them know that worrying about the bus situation is only going to stress them out because there is nothing that can really be done about it (unless they drive themselves). It is what it is. Sometimes buses can take awhile (I never said they could not), but sometimes they don't. Nothing is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter