Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were working on building 2 when I left on Monday. 3 isn't done. I requested 6, was assigned 3, and asked for a refurbished room, any building/any floor, and was given an upgrade to building 6 on the ground floor which worked out great!

Don't be afraid to ask if you don't get what you want :) The sweet talking helped too and Amanda checked us in so hope for her, she was awesome and very friendly!!!! She even called the room after we were in to make sure everything was okay and we stopped by the lobby to thank her on the way to dinner!

Danka! :)

Thank you Andre! After reading and following this thread and your website, I am well informed for my upcoming trip to POFQ, my first in 23 years and my children's (DS 8 + DD 7) very first.

:cheer2:

Just back from PO-FQ and I wanted to thank you all for the information in this thread.

We had a great time--as someone who has mainly stayed in the Epcot area resorts, I was pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed the resort. We were given refurbished rooms in Building 1--1147 and 1148. They were working on building 2 all week and seemed to have finished by Friday but I didn't see any guests in those rooms when we left. They had not started on building 3 yet. Our room was beautiful.

The cons? My biggest concern was the outside corridors but the resort was very quiet and we had very few people going past our rooms. The grounds were lovely and the CM's were fantastic. My only issue and I knew this would be a problem going in was the distance from the parks. We really missed being able to walk to Epcot and to DHS. Getting a bus at park closing is a pain in the behind. Sharing buses with Riverside at any time of day was a pain, as well. And trying to get on the boat to DTD in the evening took forever because they'd fill the boat up with guests from Riverside so only 2 or 3 at the French Quarter could get on. We took the bus the next night. I also have to say that we were not very impressed with the food court.

We did enjoy the proximity to DTD. We usually only go there once a trip because of the distance by bus but this time we were able to try several new restaurants there.

All in all, it was a great trip with beautiful weather and manageable crowds. I would not hesitate to recommend PO-FQ--we really enjoyed the resort.

Hi Guys! Real quick-so are all the POFQ buildings refurbs completed with the exception of 2 and 3? Sorry, I still can't get on the portorleans site to check.

Thanks for your patience! As you can see from my ticker, my trip is on the horizon. I requested a refurbed room when I made my original ressie-but you know how that goes sometimes!;)

Duh, it's on the first page of the thread-wake up McFly!:laughing:

Duh, it's on the first page of the thread-wake up McFly!:laughing:

LOL, I didn't like to say that, but yes I do try to keep that first FAQ posting in this thread updated. Gotta start work on the Riverside one next, as they'll be starting their refurb soon.

I've PM'd you about your www.portorleans.org connection problems, but could I ask whether anyone else has any problems either getting to the site or navigating around it using the menus? Thanks.

Andre

LOL, I didn't like to say that, but yes I do try to keep that first FAQ posting in this thread updated. Gotta start work on the Riverside one next, as they'll be starting their refurb soon.

I've PM'd you about your www.portorleans.org connection problems, but could I ask whether anyone else has any problems either getting to the site or navigating around it using the menus? Thanks.

Andre

I've been on the website and have not had any issues navigating the site or using the menus.

Andre, your website is working fine for me (also for the family members I have sent the link to!). Using Firefox, just in case that might make a difference. :)

The website is working fine for me, too. I'm using Google Chrome.

Thanks for all your hard work! I really appreciate it!

I will be arriving at POFQ 4/2 and for some reason I completely forget if they have blow dryers in the room. Does anyone know? TIA :)

We will also arrive at POFQ on 4/2! It will be the first trip for my DD, princess:, who will be celebrating her 6th birthday, and it will be a complete surprise for her!

This will be the first time at POFQ for us.

I will be arriving at POFQ 4/2 and for some reason I completely forget if they have blow dryers in the room. Does anyone know? TIA :)

It sits on the wall next to the bathroom/shower door. Ours was pretty good but both my mom and I have thin hair so it drys very quickly. If you have thicker hair and need to be dry speedy quick, you might want to think about bringing your own. Most of the time we don't even dry our hair (unless bedtime) since the humidity takes care of it anyways :rotfl:

I went in December last year with my family and I really loved this hotel because it's really quiet, peaceful

It sits on the wall next to the bathroom/shower door. Ours was pretty good but both my mom and I have thin hair so it drys very quickly. If you have thicker hair and need to be dry speedy quick, you might want to think about bringing your own. Most of the time we don't even dry our hair (unless bedtime) since the humidity takes care of it anyways :rotfl:

Thanks! I have thin hair also so it does dry quickly. Everytime I'm packing I bring my straightener and all my hair products thinking I'm going to blow it out and it make it all nice but I usually just throw it up in hair elastic anyways...gotta love florida humidity :lmao:

Andre

It works fine for me, but I got a little bit of a surprise when I clicked on Elliot Dyson's link. His website says he's appearing from Oct. 20, 2010 through Oct. 1, 2011. :scared1: We're going at the end of October; any chance he won't be there???

Does anyone know if they typically give AP room only rates for in the summer?? We're looking to do a split stay at POFQ and Vero Beach. Right now the only type of room I can get for June 22nd is with Rack Rate. If anyone knows, let me know please :) We might end up booking a rack rate or with AAA and seeing if anything opens up later on down the road!

TIA!!

Does anyone know if they typically give AP room only rates for in the summer?? We're looking to do a split stay at POFQ and Vero Beach. Right now the only type of room I can get for June 22nd is with Rack Rate. If anyone knows, let me know please :) We might end up booking a rack rate or with AAA and seeing if anything opens up later on down the road!

TIA!!

Historically, yes. Now whether or not they will release AP rates during June & July 2011 remains to be seen. Here's a link to that information:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

Last year, the room-only AP rates for 6/4-8/14/2010 were released on 3/24/2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter