Port Orleans French Quarter -Best Building (for Light Sleepers Who Need Quiet)?

BouncyTiggerMom

Earning My Ears

Hello all,

Our stay is just around the corner (Monday 3/26, yippie!) and I am wondering if I should call and make a building request. We have a standard view room booked. When we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort in 2009 I hardly slept the entire trip due to lots of outdoor noises such as buses coming and going, ice makers that sounded like freight trains and people in the parking lot. I realize that I am a very light sleeper (my hubby can sleep through fire alarms going off... :laughing:) and my one-year-old is as well. Due to that experience I am a bit concerned about getting a quiet room. I realize that POFQ is much smaller and more quiet in general (hubby and I stayed here on our honeymoon many moons ago and loved it -we were there during 4th of July and still didn't feel like there were tons of people at the resort) but are there any buildings that we would be better off in? I have seen some mention buildings 1, 6, and 7. Our kids (1 and 3) might swim and use the playground during downtime in the afternoon and my hubby just recently tore a muscle in his leg (men who won't go to the doctor when they should.... a whole different story... lol :rolleyes1). We have also heard that the 3rd floor would be most quiet -as long as there are nearby elevators I don't think that would be a problem. So, based on all of that, are there any areas that stand out as best for us? We will be visiting to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and the first ever trip to WDW for the one-year old so I guess there is a chance for a special upgrade but I wouldn't expect it. I know this question gets asked a lot but I have done hours of research and I thought I would at least ask here before I decide what to do. You all know what you are talking about so I need your input! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!!! pirate:

Ask for a corner room (has two windows large windows instead of 1) and the best location is building 5 (is both close to the pool and food court).

I was just there in February and loved it!

I received Bldg 1 each time I've stayed there. I booked a standard room. I was on the 3rd floor on the back side near the parking lot.

It was very quiet but a bit of a walk to the food court and pool. Still it was much shorter than when we stayed at CBR. LOL

Building 5 -as stated- is "center court". Ask for 7,6, or 1 if you want the best chance of quiet. Building 5 is close to the pool, food court, hot tub, laundry room and Mardi Grogs bar, although the bar closes around 9:30pm. You are going at a very busy time.

Unless you get upgraded to a river or pool view room you should be fine imo. Riverview rooms can hear the sound of the boat from DTD but they stop around midnight. Pool rooms would depend on the noise of people at the pool late at night. We have stayed at both with no problem. Infact it was quieter for us than at home (we live on the approach path of Philly Int'l Airport & 2blocks from a commuter train;))

Building 6 is very quiet. The only thing you may want to avoid are the rooms facing the green. They were showing movies there when we were there this past August. We had a river view room, and so I can't tell you how noisy the movie was. But that being said, I would ask to not face the green to avoid any problem with the movie.

Overall, though I don't think you can really go wrong at POFQ. The whole resort is so quiet.

May I suggest purchasing a "white noise" machine. Bought mine a year ago for about $60 and take it everywhere. It blocks out everything except for the loud TV coming from next door at the BC from our trip last April. I used to wake up to thunderstorms, trucks and even rain. Now I sleep through it all, except for the alarm clock.

May I suggest purchasing a "white noise" machine. Bought mine a year ago for about $60 and take it everywhere. It blocks out everything except for the loud TV coming from next door at the BC from our trip last April. I used to wake up to thunderstorms, trucks and even rain. Now I sleep through it all, except for the alarm clock.

This was my first thought.:rotfl: I am a very light sleeper and can't sleep without white noise to block out any outside noises. A few years ago I decided to do carry on only, but once I got to packing realized I didn't have room for my white noise machine (even though it's fairly small). I had a quick three minute arguement with myself, as to which was more important, the white noise machine or an extra pair of shoes and sundress. The extra pair of shoes and sundress got to stay home.:rotfl:

To OP: I've been in building 4 (three times), building 2 and building 3 and have never had a problem with outside noises. However, most of the time it will just depend on who your neighbors are. Sometimes you get loud, rude neighbors and sometimes you don't. Now I would always request to be away from parking lots and the river. There is no way I could sleep with those boats going back and forth or people blowing their horns and slamming car doors. Not even a white noise machine could completely block out all those noises.

Thanks to everyone who responded! I am busy going insane as I try to fit everything we need to bring into the smallest space possible so I am really sorry I did not respond sooner and individually. Glad to see a variety of responses. I ended up requesting a 3rd floor room in either building 1 or 7, so hopefully that will work out well. As for the white noise machine, we always bring an iPod with sleepy music on it since our two boys are used to going to sleep to music. I will have to bring a radio that I can hook up the iPod to since they don't have one of those in the room so I guess I will be deciding what gets to stay instead of that as well... :eek:. Well, once again thanks to all that responded! The countdown continues... wheee! Or is that AAAAAAAHHHHH! I shall vary those just for variety.

TTFN! :yay:

We had a room in building 7 facing the river last June. It was sOOOO quiet. Could not hear the boat at all and it was off the path enough that you couldn't even hear people walking by. I don't even know if there was anyone next to us in the hotel it was that quiet! Beuatiful resort! We're staying there again this trip...checking in on Wednesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter