Port Orleans Fr. Quarter???? HELP!

Fooboy

Mouseketeer
Hello ALL!
I made reservations at Port Orleans French Quarter, however, i am reading everywhere that it is shut down for renovation. What is going to happen to us??!!! will we have a place to stay or they gonna set us up at Riverside?

foobs

You were able to make reservations for Port Orleans - French Quarter?? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Please tell me all the gory details! I would love to stay at this resort in January.

Sondra

Is it reopening in Nov? I'm going the week right after christmas. I just told my travel agent that I wanted to stay there and then she called Disney who, in turn, mailed me the reservation directly. Well, if they reopen in Nov. then disregard my previous post. I'm just going by disney's renovation/rehab schedule, along with some other sites. thnx!

foobs

I'm going to be a little upset :( if they reopen in Nov. We had orignally planed on staying there this Dec, but when we found out that they were closing for rehab, our ressies got changed to POR. Now don't get me wrong we like POR, but we like POFQ more. :D If anyone hears something concreate(sp?) please pm or email me.
Thanks pooh67_68
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Keep us updated, I tried making reservations at POFQ for next July and I was told that they were not taking reservations as yet.
I have them at POR for now, but would love to try POFQ.

I called today and was told that there is no reopening date. They offered to put me at riverside and I said that i didn't like it so I was then offered an awesome rate at animal kingdom. You are going to have to ask for the upgrade. I was trying to book a room for may of 2004 so I don't think it will reopen ant time soon

If you don't mind me asking, how good was the rate at the AKL? We, also, love PO-FQ and would like to stay there in late April. We have, however, considered the AK Lodge before and would consider staying there for the right price. If you do mind me asking, my apologies.

hmmm....does any have any suggestions on what i should do? Should I just call my travel agent and tell her the situation and let her handle it, or should i call disney directly? Because I even specifically switched from CBR to POFQ. They won't throw me back in CBR will they? that'll suck. boo hoo.

foobs

Laura dad

For a queen bad with one bunk 6 days 5 nights pool view it was 2674.44. that's for one adult and two kids. That's the silver dream maker package.

We were supposed to stay at POFQ for our trip this Wednesday, but we were called in mid-May and told about the renovations and asked to switch. We didn't want a moderate and were offered WL (woods view) for $104/night, AKL (savannah view) for $114/night, and Poly/BWI/YC/BC (all std. view) for $129/night.

I hope they reopen Port Orleans French Quarter. We stayed there in February 2003 and I loved it. Everything was close together and it was so peaceful.

ok here's the update:

I called my travel agent and she told me that she had mistakenly told me that I was at Fr. Quarter because when I had switched from CBR, the price would have set me up at Fr. Quarter. Disney automatically put me at Riverside. yay! How is Riverside? How should I go about to request a specific building...and which one?

thanx!!!

foobs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter