Port Orleans FQ?

herb102211

DIS Veteran
We’re planning a quick weekend trip to WDW at the end of February. We generally stay at the Epcot area resorts, but wanted to try a different resort this time, and POFQ came to mind. I think the theming of POFQ is great, but DH is a bit skeptical about having to take the buses to all of the parks. For anyone that has stayed at POFQ, would you recommend it? Were there long waits for the buses ( I heard POFQ shares with POR)?

Thanks!

We love POFQ - have stayed there at least 10 times and shared with Riverside just a handful of times over those 10 stays.

W were there ey Dec and didn't share busses and we loved the boat to downtown Disney. Very nice compact resort.

Thanks for the info, everyone! I think we're going to give it a try :) Love the boats to DTD, too.

I stayed at POFQ in September and it had honestly the best bus transportation that I have experienced at a Disney resort. :goodvibes

Just back from staying there during Christmas week!First time staying there(we have always stayed at POP) and we loved it!Loved it so much that we are staying there again in October! It's small,peaceful,beautiful and it only has one bus stop! Regardless of what building you are staying in you are so close to the bus stop! We thought the buses were great too,we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus! We only shared a bus with Port Orleans Riverside two times also(they were during off times).

Even though both Port Orleans share a bus, the bus stop at POFQ is the first to pick up, so going to the parks you won't need to worry about space on the bus. Also, the boat to DTD is fantastic!

I stayed at POFQ in September and it had honestly the best bus transportation that I have experienced at a Disney resort. :goodvibes

I agree with this. When we stayed at POFQ in 2010 the buses were awesome. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and despite some of those buses being shared with POR, we were the first stop.

The resort itself is quite lovely, very quaint with a lot of beautiful landscaping. Our room faced the courtyard with a view of the Sassagoula river to our right, really nice. It took no more than 7 minutes to walk anywhere on its property, and we enjoyed the boat ride to DTD and POR (we would take the boat over so DD could see her "horshies!" and eat a late dinner on most nights).

I love the Epcot resorts area, love the Beach Club, and probably would always stay there if money was no object.

I've started trying to make WDW an annual vacation, though, and decided I'd better try a mod to save some money. After a lot of study, I chose POFQ for my 2013 trip, and was very pleased - enough that I'm staying there again on my next trip. It is pretty and charming and so easy to get around. I didn't time anything, but I never had a long wait for a bus, and the only times we shared with POR were at odd (mid-day) times when there weren't as many people traveling. As others have said, when you do share, POFQ is the first pick-up and first drop-off.

I really appreciated the POFQ food court for breakfast, because I think the CS breakfast options at BC are very limited (my only real gripe there).

Check out the POFQ FAQ thread here, and the portorleans.org site run by Andre (who also maintains the FAQ thread).

I just stayed at POFQ last month and loved it. I loved the theme and the grounds are beautiful.

The buses were fast and the only time we shared with POR was in the afternoon when it was slow. I'd guesstimate my average wait for a bus at POFQ was 5 minutes and my average trip time from POFQ to a park was under 20 minutes, including wait time. In the afternoon the added loop through POR probably added 10 minutes to those times.

I can't wait to go back.

That's great! Glad everyone had such positive things to say about POFQ. We're looking forward to our stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter