• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port of Miami rental car return & Shuttle

Shanna-like-Banana

DIS Veteran
I am taking my Girl Scout troop on a RCCL Cruise out of the port of Miami.

We have to return the rental car to the Miami Airport. I can see the rental car kiosks are not within the airport itself, but a remote lot adjacent to the airport.

Rental car companies operate shuttles to the port, well I hear at certain times of the year some companies combine and share shuttles.

What I can't figure out is if they actually run their own shuttles directly from the rental return lot, or if we will have to get to the airport terminal and take a shuttle from there.

Am I correct that I should estimate about an hour for all these processes to occur ? Drop car off, wait in line to return keys, shuttles.

The other choice is to drop off in a "neighborhood" location and pay a taxi to drop us off at the cruise terminal, 8 pl = 2 taxis or a taxi van = $40 estimate for 3 mile ride.

We got off the Wonder in Miami on Sunday and used Alamo both ways, to the port, and back to rental car area.

You go to the "car rental return" parking garage at the Miami airport. Keep your receipt, go to the top floor where the shuttle to the cruise port is waiting. We have done this 3-4 times. Once there was terrible traffic tie ups, but we always get to return the car at least 5 hours prior to sailing, so it has not been a problem.

For the return, you go to the area along the road for " rental car shuttles" and be sure you have a hard copy, or on your device, a copy of your rental agreement, the driver does ask to see it.

We had a very good experience this time both ways!

Renting from the agencies that are closest to the port are a hot mess. Definitely go back to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter