Port of Miami questions

Docmom

Mouseketeer
We're going on our first Disney cruise in April! 5 day western Caribbean on the Wonder. How early can we get to the port of Miami? I've read 11 but then saw some posts stating people get to the check in at 10:30am. Also how long does the check in process take? When can you board the ship and what is there to do between checking in and boarding? Also where do you request an upgrade and any tips on that? Thanks! This board is awesome and I've already picked up a few handy tips. We're park veterans (my first time was to MK in summer of 1972) but this will be our first Disney cruise and DDs 8 & 10 first cruise. :cool1:

When you do your online check in, it will give you a port arrival time, our last cruise they would not let you in or check you in until your port arrival time

We're going on our first Disney cruise in April! 5 day western Caribbean on the Wonder. How early can we get to the port of Miami? I've read 11 but then saw some posts stating people get to the check in at 10:30am. Also how long does the check in process take? When can you board the ship and what is there to do between checking in and boarding? Also where do you request an upgrade and any tips on that? Thanks! This board is awesome and I've already picked up a few handy tips. We're park veterans (my first time was to MK in summer of 1972) but this will be our first Disney cruise and DDs 8 & 10 first cruise. :cool1:

Don't know specifically about Miami, but there are some average experiences with DCL checkins.

Generally, if you arrive prior to your selected PAT you may be asked to wait for your window to actually enter the terminal. Your actual boarding number which you receive at checkin at the port is tied to your PAT. Earlier checkin than your PAT will not give you an lower number.

For upgrades, after checking in at the port, you ask for the supervisors desk, that's where upgrades (if there are any available) are done.

In the terminal itself there's generally not much. Maybe some character photo ops, kids club checkin, and (in a few terminals) there were soda vending machines.

Thanks! Does the port arrival time depend on your room or is it random?

Thanks! Does the port arrival time depend on your room or is it random?

You select your PAT during your online checkin process. They are 1/2 hour windows. When a PAT window fills up, it will grey out and be unavailable.

The sooner you do your online check in the better chance you have of getting an earlier port arrival time, I just did our online check in for April out of Miami and got an 11-11:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter