• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Canaveral terminal opening time change

I guess people will also have to check their car rental return times too so that they don't get charged for an extra day because they ended up with a later arrival time than they thought. :eek:

I don't believe so. The only other option is to actually check in when you arrive at the port. I don't know how they will handle the people who don't do online check in and arrive without port arrival times.

My point exactly. :thumbsup2

They say this about people who do not choose an arrival time online:

If guests don’t select an arrival time online they may be delayed entry into the terminal until guests with assigned times are accommodated.

I don't know how they can enforce this without every passenger selecting a port arrival time online, which assumes they check in online or even have access to the Internet.

Wow I foresee a lot of angry folks at the terminal.

:thumbsup2

If guests arrive earlier they may be asked to wait until their scheduled time before they can enter.

Also makes me wonder where they will put all the people who arrive early as there is not a lot of room for folks to be waiting outside the terminal either. Maybe a deck party on top of the parking garage? ;)

If guests don’t select an arrival time online they may be delayed entry into the terminal until guests with assigned times are accommodated.

The key here is the word "MAY." It looks like Disney is getting set up for the possibility of making folks wait. You can bet, if that doesn't work so well, they will drop it in a hot minute. I think they recognize they need to do something about the chaos at the port. This may only be the opening salvo!

People have been arriving at 10:00 because that's when the terminal opens. If they know it doesn't open until 11:00, hopefully they won't arrive until 11:00. If some people insist on getting to the terminal at 10:00 and have to wait - that's their problem.

People have been arriving at 10:00 because that's when the terminal opens. If they know it doesn't open until 11:00, hopefully they won't arrive until 11:00. If some people insist on getting to the terminal at 10:00 and have to wait - that's their problem.

Is it only the parking deck that won't be open until 11, or the parking lot too? If it's all parking areas, would people even be allowed into the port area before 11am to wait?

We haven't cruised since 2009 and I am confused. :confused3 I keep reading posts about port arrival time, or your assigned arrival time. What is this and when did that start?

So are they now going to give you the option to print out your chosen port arrival time when you check in online? We've checked in both rooms for our 9/11 cruise, and that information was nowhere on the paperwork we printed to take to the port.

Not sure how we'll "prove" our arrival time was 10:30-11:00 if they ask? :confused3

If anyone can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

We haven't cruised since 2009 and I am confused. :confused3 I keep reading posts about port arrival time, or your assigned arrival time. What is this and when did that start?

Hi fellow Birminghamian! :wave2: They started getting you to choose port arrival times when you do your online check-in shortly after the Dream started sailing.

This started with the Dream. When you do your online check-in, you are asked to select a 30 minute window when you expect to arrive at the port. When we cruised last month, this meant absoluetly nothing so it will be interesting to see if any of this works.

Not sure how we'll "prove" our arrival time was 10:30-11:00 if they ask? :confused3

Since they check the passenger list against your passports before you enter the terminal, it wouldn't be difficult to add a column to that list with arrival time.

Hi fellow Birminghamian! :wave2: They started getting you to choose port arrival times when you do your online check-in shortly after the Dream started sailing.

Hi neighbor:goodvibes

This started with the Dream. When you do your online check-in, you are asked to select a 30 minute window when you expect to arrive at the port. When we cruised last month, this meant absoluetly nothing so it will be interesting to see if any of this works.

Thank you both for the info. We sail June 2012 so just getting back into cruise research. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter