Port Canaveral - Prepay Parking??

piglet33

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the prepay parking at Port Canaveral? Just wondering if I should do it to get it out of the way or wait until I leave the ship to worry about it.

Thanks!

I always prepay but I park offsite (not at the cruise terminal) so it may be different if you're parking right there.

we used the offsite Park Port Canaveral parking and it was fine (prepaid). We paid 6.95 /day but right now they are down to 3.95/day! I don't think you'll find anything as good that cheap. Go for it! (and it's fully refundable up to 48 hours ahead of time as I remember)

we used the offsite Park Port Canaveral parking and it was fine (prepaid). We paid 6.95 /day but right now they are down to 3.95/day! I don't think you'll find anything as good that cheap. Go for it! (and it's fully refundable up to 48 hours ahead of time as I remember)

My family & I have our 1st cruise out of Port Canaveral. For parking, we wouldn't mind saving money & using an offsite parking as long as they give good service. Any recommendations? What's are the negative for using a non terminal parking? Any issues unloading passengers & luggage?

My family & I have our 1st cruise out of Port Canaveral. For parking, we wouldn't mind saving money & using an offsite parking as long as they give good service. Any recommendations? What's are the negative for using a non terminal parking? Any issues unloading passengers & luggage?

Park n Cruise is currently $6.99/day with on-line reservation. website
Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral is currently $8.99/day with on-line reservation. website

Prices for the above tend to vary.

piglet33 said:
Has anyone done the prepay parking at Port Canaveral? Just wondering if I should do it to get it out of the way or wait until I leave the ship to worry about it.

Thanks!

We have and it worked perfectly! We were completely happy!

Thank you for this post. I didn’t even think of parking off-site. (first time cruiser)

A big negative in my mind is having to rely on another party to get me where I want to go. I always prefer to have my own transportation when possible then if something goes wrong, I have no one to blame. As much as we pay for the cruise, why sweat another few dollars to park basically at the front door.

Does the parking garage at the port ever get full ? If you stay at a hotel that offers 40% off parking at the port can you feel confident you will get a parking space ?

A big negative in my mind is having to rely on another party to get me where I want to go. I always prefer to have my own transportation when possible then if something goes wrong, I have no one to blame. As much as we pay for the cruise, why sweat another few dollars to park basically at the front door.

It's more than a another "few dollars" to park at the port. For a 7-night cruise, parking at the terminal is $120, while off-site locations can cost nearly half that amount.

I feel exactly the same way.

While I have contemplated parking elsewhere, we park at the port. We love the proximity to the ship, the SECURITY, and the fact that I can drive off 3 minutes after disembarking. I was even able to go back to my car while in the terminal. Below is a picture that I took standing next to our car.

2013-01-13_10-44-23_642-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Have parked on site, did the limo pickup, and did the rental car shuttle before, and no question on our next trip in a few months we're parking at the port. No waiting for a shuttle, or watching a full one pull away. And as others have said on the way back you're not waiting around for your ride, in your car in a few minutes and on your way.

It's more than a another "few dollars" to park at the port. For a 7-night cruise, parking at the terminal is $120, while off-site locations can cost nearly half that amount.

I'm not trying to start crap, but how much is your time worth? Is it worth being at the mercy of a shuttle driver? If it's $120 to park, then budget for it, or do what I do and make the DH give up a couple rounds of golf and you're covered. :)

I haven't done anything but park at the port, but I have to say it was nice to walk out of the port and get in our car and hit the road home!

And if you stay in PC the night before, take advantage of the hotels participating in the 40% off port parking promo. Best at this time probably Best Western and Fairfield Inn.

Also, the port parking is inside a garage. No leaving the car under the hot Florida sun and worse under a potential summer hail...

Also, the port parking is inside a garage. No leaving the car under the hot Florida sun and worse under a potential summer hail...

We are Floridians from Tampa and drive in AM of cruises out of PC; takes us about 2 hours. We LOVE parking at the port and my DH will not park elsewhere period. Peace of mind, ease and convenience I guess. However, we don't park in the garage. We park in the uncovered lot. After 8 cruises (we've driven to 7 of them), we park in 'our' spot. We park in our garage at home, but for whatever reason, DH parks in the lot. Anyways, whether you park in the garage or one of the surrounding lots, parking at the port is the more costlier option, but once we leave the ship, porters just wheel our luggage out, load it, an we are off back home to Tampa. No waiting for a shuttle, etc. No way is the 'right' way; it's nice to have options for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We parked at the port in PC on our first cruise and will again in September. IMO the convenience is well worth the extra $. I understand why some people choose to do differently but for us it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter