Port Canaveral hotel rec??

KathyV

Earning My Ears
Sorry I posted under "reports" -It's been a while.
I am looking for an upscale Port Canaveral hotel to start the cruise off right (we have 4 children). Any suggesations?-KJ

The Radisson at the Port is nice. You can get a 2 king bed suite (with a sleeper sofa in the living room) there with whirlpool bath and kitchenette for $99 a night booked early enough. There have been many posts on this board with the codes or instructions on how to reserve on-line. Also, you can park your personal car there for the duration of the cruise, take their free shuttle to and from the terminal, saving $10 a day on cruise terminal parking at the Port.

Here is the url to their property:

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl/

Also check Dave's site for hotel suggestions:

http://www.dcltribute.com/lodging/

We stayed two nights before our cruise 3/6 and 3/7 at the Royal
Mansions. It is very nice and on the beach. We had a 1 bedroom condo. They also have washer dryer facilities so we went to ship with clean clothes. Lisa

When calling to make reservations at the Raddison, should I call the hotel directly or their 888 reservations line? The website is showing $129 for one night and I want to see if I can get the $99 deal.

ToDisney - I enter the word FALL into the promo code blank on the website (thanks to hints from others on this board) - I got a two bedroom (king) suite for $99. Hope it works for you.

Julma... or anyone else reading this post. Do you know if you get the free parking with "fall" special? Or is that only with their "cruise" package (no discount... $129)? We'll be driving down and I'd REALLY like the free parking!! ;) $30 is much better than $70... I just want to make the right reservations... but sitting here typing this... I guess I could just book the $99 and if they really want that extra $30 for the parking, I could pay it then?? Hmmm... what to do... LOL!!

I think you have to use the cruise special to get the parking - Sorry - I would call direct - not general reservations, but the hotel and see what you can get - Late Tuesday or Wednesday are always to call hotels - I don't know why - I have a friend who is a travel agent and he is always telling me to call the hotel direct on a T or W - It does not always work and the internet may be your best choice - It is always smart to make a decision having all your options - Good Luck!!

You do not have to get the "park and cruise" special to park at the Hotel. You will find hundreds of posts attesting to this. I also asked personally when I made my reservation. All you must do is stay the night before your cruise, and you can park for the duration of your cruse AND use their FREE shuttle to/from the Port.

Try this:

1) Go to http://www.radisson.com

2) On the "Make Reservation" tab on the left side of the screen, enter "Port Canaveral" for the city, your dates, and number of guests and press the [Continue] button

3) On the next screen, a tab at the top left "View Rates" is a hyperlink - press that, a listing of rates will come up for various room combinations (you not looking at all rates yet, continue to 4)

4) At the bottom of the listing in step 3), a magnifying glass with the text "View all Rates" is a hyperlink - press that

5) A listing of all available rates for your dates now displays -- select the one you want by pressing the [reserve ->] button

The screen that comes up has all the available rates for your dates. I was looking for a whirlpool suite, and the screen that came up for "view all rates" had this info:

VISIT FLORIDA STE
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV-1 NIGHT
99.00 USD per night

6) Select the suite room with the $99 rate (or any other combination you wish or is available)

7) The next screen displayed asks for what type of room:

VISIT FLORIDA STE : Room Options
The following room options are available to choose from:

o 1 KING BED - NON-SMOKING (SOFABED)
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV

o 2 KING BEDS - NON-SMOKING (SOFABED)
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV

8) I selected the 2 King suite and pressed [continue] from there.

You will then go over a secure connection to finish your reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter