Port Canaveral - Fly in day before or day of?

Day before. Less stressful.

I like the pre hotel stay. It's so exciting. We've stayed at the MCO Hyatt everytime we sailed from Port Canav.
From Miami, we stayed at the Intercontinnental.

Welcome and have a WONDERful cruise!!!:wizard:

We just booked the MCO Hyatt for the day before our 11/24/12 Fantasy cruise. Did you use the luggage service? I am just worried about getting on board only to find out that our luggage is still in the hotel.

I flew in once the day of and was having anxiety the whole way till we got to the boat. I said never again mostly cause there was a slight flight issue in the morning. Had it been the night before there is still time to work it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

We just booked the MCO Hyatt for the day before our 11/24/12 Fantasy cruise. Did you use the luggage service? I am just worried about getting on board only to find out that our luggage is still in the hotel.

There is sort of a "double check" system for luggage when you stay at the Hyatt. First, when you check in, tell them you are on DCL with transfers (if they don't ask). They will write your name and room number on the DCL list AND give you an info sheet + a brief form that you complete (Name, Hyatt room number, DCL cabin number, number of bags). Take that form with you to the Welcome Center in the morning. Step 1 (Hyatt list) is to make sure the Hyatt gets your bags and takes them to DCL, step 2 assures that DCL checks to be sure they GOT the bags.

This system was instituted about a year ago after a room was missed on the Hyatt list.

I vote day before too.

Years ago (when we lived up north) we were doing a family NYE cruise out of Miami. I worried about snowstorms at that time of year, but it was FOG that blanketed the entire area that cancelled our Delta flight out. I never considered fog, but should have guessed there would be a problem when we couldn't see much out of the parking shuttle's windows on the way to the terminal. :upsidedow

Thankfully we had booked a day before package with the cruise line, so we all piled back in our cars and started down I 75. Delta helped us by advising the airports all the way down, but if we had to drive all the way to Miami we would. When we hit Lexington it finally started to rain and voila - fog lifted. :yay:

We ran in the Lexington airport and checked at the Delta desk, and yep, they were aware of us and could offer us seats on a midnight flight, so we grabbed them.

I think we finally hit the day before Miami hotel around 3AM or later, but hey, at least we were able to make the cruise. Of course, flying home we had to return to Lexington and make the long drive back home, but we had made our cruise.

Compare this to our friends who were also at the first airport (but sailing on a different cruise) and who didn't book the day before or have trip insurance. No way they could make it down in time to sail that day. And they hadn't booked the cruise lines air, so they had to pay for flights to the first port to join their ship in mid cruise - which was in Cozumel, 3 days later. All that money, for essentially a few days on the ship, but they were bound and determined to take their cruise and at least not lose that $$.

I guess once something like this happens to you, you will always go a day early from then on LOL.

Yes we did. It was so convienent. Not having to lug anything around. Something about staying at the Hyatt always was fun for my kids. :woohoo:

I vote day before too.

Compare this to our friends who were also at the first airport (but sailing on a different cruise) and who didn't book the day before or have trip insurance. No way they could make it down in time to sail that day. And they hadn't booked the cruise lines air, so they had to pay for flights to the first port to join their ship in mid cruise - which was in Cozumel, 3 days later. All that money, for essentially a few days on the ship, but they were bound and determined to take their cruise and at least not lose that $$.

I guess once something like this happens to you, you will always go a day early from then on LOL.

This sounds like a nightmare (I always have pre cruise nightmares) that I have had. This one and forgetting my bathing suit (bad for me) and my make up (bad for my fellow cruisers). :rotfl:

PizzieDuster said:
This sounds like a nightmare (I always have pre cruise nightmares) that I have had. This one and forgetting my bathing suit (bad for me) and my make up (bad for my fellow cruisers). :rotfl:

I have precruise nightmares also mine are about getting to the port and forgetting the passports. Now I check double check amd recheck time and again I have the passports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter