Port Canaveral/Disney Cruise Transfers

fmigali

Earning My Ears
I'm an interested in hearing someones recent experience with Disney transfers from Orlando (MCO) airport to the port, when flying in a day early.

We will be arriving to Orlando the evening prior to our cruise, we will be staying at the Embassy Suites-Orlando airport which offers a shuttle to and from the airport. We have booked Disney Magical Express transfers but am interested in exactly how this will work once we get back to the airport the morning of our cruise.

How does the check-in process work? Does your luggage ride the same bus you are on? What about carry-on luggage and strollers?

I have read lots of "bits and pieces" in the forums but nothing recent and am interested in the details of this process.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering the same thing. we are staying in non Disney timeshare for a week and will be returning our car rental at the airport and getting on a Disney cruise bus. I was wondering if we would have a set time to go or if we could come whenever we are ready.

When you arrive at the airport you will go to Side B Level 1 to the Disney area. The cruise transfers are right next to the Magical Express Desk. You will hand over your bags with luggage tags attached to a CM there. You will take your carry on's on the bus with you. Your checked baggage won't ride on the same bus as you. The desk opens at 9am and buses start shortly after that. You can go anytime you ready. You will only get your bus assignment at the desk at the airport, you can't actually check in for the cruise there anymore. You have to check in at the cruise terminal. Remember tho your boarding number is tied to your PAT so if using disney transfers and you want to take an early bus but your PAT is later, you will be allowed in the terminal but you will be given a higher boarding number once you check in and will have to wait in the terminal to board.

thank you for the info, it helped. if we do get to the terminal very early, are there places to sit, eat or anything to do?

thank you for the info, it helped. if we do get to the terminal very early, are there places to sit, eat or anything to do?

There is a giant replica of the Magic to look at. There is also a sundeck to go out on and look at the ship. No food. characters also come out throughout the day for pictures.

Hi, thanks for the info on how this process works. Very useful.

Just one question, what is a PAT?

Also there are a few TVs that play Disney shows. If you get hungry out side the new terminal 6 is supposed to be a snack bar outside in or near the parking garage. I forget exactly where. 6 is the next terminal over from Disney. If you look at the stern of the ship coming in look left that's 6.

There's some vending machines I think near the bathrooms in the terminal. In all honesty you shouldn't be in the terminal long enough under normal conditions to worry about food and eating.

For our recent Fantasy cruise we arrived the night before and because of the time we booked a room at the Hyatt. Slept in and haf brunch at the hotel. Picked up a couple of things in the airport shops before going back to the hotel to grab our carry on. Hit the buses for 10:30. Got to the port and there was no line. Our PAT was for 11:30 and our boarding group was number 4. They were already on group 24 so we walked through the Mickey ears and boarded. By far the best boarding experience we have ever had.

Thanks everyone, lots of great info out there.

We have a port check in time of 1230, any suggestions for what time we should check in at the airport to get on the bus and head out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter