Port Canaveral bagpiper??

tj4disney

Mouseketeer
Left last Sunday (7/24) out of Port Canaveral on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and have also been out of there several times on Disney cruises. This time I noticed some guy playing bagpipes as we were heading out of the channel. Dude was wearing a kilt and everything. Anybody know if this is a regular occurrence, or was it just a random one off?

Left last Sunday (7/24) out of Port Canaveral on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and have also been out of there several times on Disney cruises. This time I noticed some guy playing bagpipes as we were heading out of the channel. Dude was wearing a kilt and everything. Anybody know if this is a regular occurrence, or was it just a random one off?
We've seen (heard?) the bagpiper on a couple of cruises. I'm thinking it's just someone who's using the opportunity to practice. But it was fun.

First time I've heard of this after 27 cruises out of Port Canaveral. Something to look forward to seeing/hearing next time out!

I can top that,

Look at these videos and enjoy........

Three connected videos of the Kirkwall send off, and the characters on deck 4. Some real close ups, inc Pluto next to us.

Nearly the whole island came to see the ship off, we had a highland band, and the characters came out yo reward the locals, this was,,,,Disney Magic.

My favourite tune of all time is Highland Cathedral. It's the tune at the start of the Pluto video. Thanks for sharing!

Andrew-as I was playing your video my DD came out of her room and asked "am I having flashbacks?" (She just returned from 3 1/2 weeks at St Andrews).

I'd love to hear them at Port C...that would be a nice send off!

Andrew-as I was playing your video my DD came out of her room and asked "am I having flashbacks?" (She just returned from 3 1/2 weeks at St Andrews).

I'd love to hear them at Port C...that would be a nice send off!
:goodvibes:rotfl2:

They were really great, what a send off, it felt all of Oarkney, not just Kirkwall came to give us an excellent send off.

Cool videos.

It was difficult to hear him, so I don't know what he was playing, but it did spook me out a bit. There's an opening in a Bond movie where James gets into a helicopter on church/cemetery grounds, and as the helicopter lifts off, there's a priest looking directly at James and giving him the sign of the cross. Of course, things go awry for Bond once in the air, but thankfully we did not befall such a fate! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter