Port Arrival Time

Brooklyne3

Earning My Ears
How does the whole process to check in and board the ship work?

For example, if I choose the Port Arrival Time of 11:45 to 12:00 how long will we be waiting until all is said and done and we are on the ship.

Please walk me through the whole process from when the car company drops us off. Very much appreciated. THANKS!!!

How does the whole process to check in and board the ship work?

For example, if I choose the Port Arrival Time of 11:45 to 12:00 how long will we be waiting until all is said and done and we are on the ship.

Please walk me through the whole process from when the car company drops us off. Very much appreciated. THANKS!!!

When you arrive, you will check your bags and get your individual photos taken (keep everyone together to speed up the process), they will issue you your room cards (Key to the world cards), if you have children then you would want to get in the kids club check-in line (fill out info ahead of time on the DCL site) to get mickey bands. Then you will wait for your boarding number to be called (the earlier your PAT the earlier you will board). They usually have character photo ops while waiting. Platinum and gold club members will board first. They will take a boarding photo of your group and then when you get on the ship, your family name (real or made up) will be announced as you enter the ship. At that point you can go have lunch, swim in the pool or explore. The rooms will not available for a few hours. I would suggest keeping your bathing suits and dinner clothes (if you have first dinner) in a day bag just in case your luggage isn't delivered before dinner. Our last cruise we had a PAT of 11 and were on board by 12:15 (we had boarding group #3).

Gold CC members have to select a PAT to get a boarding number like everyone else. Only Platinum get the automatic card after concierge boards.

Great information! What happens if you get to the port later than expected?

Nothing. Just check in at the desk. If your boarding number was already called you can walk on the ship after you check in. If not then you wait for your number to be called. Usually after 12:30 or so they call open boarding and then numbers don't matter anymore. Anyone can board as soon as they are checked in.

MJ

Great information! What happens if you get to the port later than expected?

You can enter the terminal at anytime after your PAT. It's basically a "not earlier than" time. Not so much a "arrive only during this window" time.

Is there any hope of getting checked in prior to your PAT time?

If you arrive earlier than your selected PAT, and the terminal is crowded, you may be asked to wait until either your correct PAT or the terminal is less crowded, whichever is first. Even if you are allowed to enter the terminal prior to your PAT, your boarding number will remain the same. So, it's possible to see others arriving after your (at their correct PAT) boarding before you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter