PORS - Fridge, Microwave and Pack & Play?

ClarabelleCowFan

<font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c
We leave a month from tomorrow for our first trip to PORS! :banana:

Am I correct in assuming the room will have a fridge, microwave and pack & play? It has been ages since we have stayed at a Moderate (been at Values or DVC resorts) and I can't remember what comes in the room.

Thanks for any info!

You're only partly correct. All mods are equipped with a refrigerator, but there are no microwaves in the rooms. There are two microwaves in the food court. Pack and plays are not standard, but I believe they are available on request.

You're only partly correct. All mods are equipped with a refrigerator, but there are no microwaves in the rooms. There are two microwaves in the food court. Pack and plays are not standard, but I believe they are available on request.

Thanks. Will be putting in a request for the Pack & Play. :)

I'm staying in PORS next week. I have a toddler and the question of the microwave and crib came up. I was told there is no microwave in the rooms but they do have them in the common areas, where the ice machines are located. I found that a little strange but we shall see. I also placed a request for a crib and hopefully I'll get it and not a pack-n-play. I have been stressing about what to do about the stroller situation. I'm thinking of bringing one with me.

I'm staying in PORS next week. I have a toddler and the question of the microwave and crib came up. I was told there is no microwave in the rooms but they do have them in the common areas, where the ice machines are located. I found that a little strange but we shall see. I also placed a request for a crib and hopefully I'll get it and not a pack-n-play. I have been stressing about what to do about the stroller situation. I'm thinking of bringing one with me.

There are no microwaves where the ice machines are located. The micros are in the food court. If you will need to use them a lot request building 5 or 4 they are the closest to the food court.

You will only get a pack n play. No real cribs. They are to large to safely fit in the rooms...ie:fire code.

As to the stroller, if your child normally rides in the stroller a lot, such as a trip to the mall, bring your own you will need it. You might want to purchase an inexpensive, light weight umbrella type stroller. However, that depends on the age and weight of your child. The park strolllers are great but now cost $15 per day or $13 per day/length of stay rental.

There are no microwaves in any room at WDW (except for villas/suites with kitchens) due to fire codes.

Thanks for giving me the correct info ntsammy5, ClarabelleCowFan, Tink's Pixieduster and dancin Disney style. I suspected that the info I was being given during reservations was not right. When I asked about the microwaves, the person seemed confused, maybe she was new. When I asked about the crib I was told that I would need to request it during check-in. However, if it is a pack-n-play, I will skip it and maybe ask for a bed rail. I am definitely considering buying a lightweight umbrella stroller; the rent increase on the strollers will really hurt the budget.

Thanks for all the info.:thumbsup2

If you wanted a microwave for warming up baby food / milk bottles then you can always use the coffee maker in the room if you want to save yourself a walk to the food court. Just fill the jug with water and stand the bottle in it - it does take a little while to warm through though, so you may need to turn in on a bit in advance, but it works fine.

Andre

You can always try and request a micro for your room. Friends of mine just returned from a stay at POR. They requested and got a micor in their room. They were not even asked the reason for it.

If you wanted a microwave for warming up baby food / milk bottles then you can always use the coffee maker in the room if you want to save yourself a walk to the food court. Just fill the jug with water and stand the bottle in it - it does take a little while to warm through though, so you may need to turn in on a bit in advance, but it works fine.

Andre

You can always try and request a micro for your room. Friends of mine just returned from a stay at POR. They requested and got a micor in their room. They were not even asked the reason for it.

Good ideas. I just wanted it for heating up oatmeal, grits or baby food for Mason's breakfast. I'll request one and see if we get it.

You will get a fridge but it is not full size. It is an under the counter size. Like the ones you might find in a college dorm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter