Pork Loin Recipes?

Not weird at all! I’m the same way. I love new kitchen stuff

I had a friend whose husband insisted on only getting her gifts she didn’t “need” (perfume, jewelry, etc). I would have hated that. I’d rather have a new Kitchen Aid or blender any day!!!

I had a friend whose husband insisted on only getting her gifts she didn’t “need” (perfume, jewelry, etc). I would have hated that. I’d rather have a new Kitchen Aid or blender any day!!!

My moms rule is Christmas is for fun, birthdays are for practical. It’s worked for us so far.

.....what I do is rub on a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed dry rosemary leaves, and sage. Put in a baking dish (like a Pyrex lasagna dish) and pour on one can of French onion soup and a 15 oz can (or pkg) of sauerkraut. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours at 335 degrees. Remove foil, raise heat to 385-400 and continue baking for another 15 minutes. I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans....

I buy those mccomick crockpot packets and put on the pork and let it slow cook and it tender and so good from the spices

I just made one last night. I salt and pepper all over and sear on all sides in my cast iron pan. Remove the meat and add in slivered onions and quartered mushrooms, a pat of butter and some chicken broth. Put the meat on top with a small rack and roast till finished. Then I make gravy from the pan and serve with mashed potatoes, corn and applesauce. It’s one of my favorite meals and if you sear the loin all over and don’t overcook its very juicy.

Last night I made it in my ninja cooker and it came out just as good as it usually does in my cast iron pan.

I cook it in the crock pot and then either shred it for pulled pork sandwiches or cut it into chunks and use it to make sweet and sour pork

We love a center cut Pork roast. I simply season it with salt, pepper and garlic and put some Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet browning seasoning on top in a pan. Then I open up a can of sauerkraut and put it around the roast and cook till it's 160. Let it rest a few minutes. Slice and serve. So easy. And it is one meal all three kids like.

Slice it 3/4" thick, beat it flat, season up well to your taste, bread in flour, egg and Panko, fry, place on a Bolillo roll with tomato, lettuce and condiments of your choice....YUMMMMMMM!

I was just searching for a pork loin recipe Friday and came up with this one, it turned out really good! I was freaking out waiting 45 minutes with the oven off to check the temp of the meat but it cooked all the way through and was nice and tender. Just make sure you marinate your meat well or use a really flavorful rub.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/perfect-pork-tenderloin-63828
Keep in mind, this recipe is for a tenderloin, which has a much shorter cooking time than a loin.

I have trouble posting pictures, but Kroger describes it as a boneless pork half loin. It’s on sale for 1.29/ lb this week.
Great price especially when you see what Kroger's is charging in Atlanta:cool:.

https://wklyads-krogeratlanta.kroge...yers/krogeratlanta-weekly?flyer_run_id=296969

OK it looks like it's a lean cut (they cut off the fat cap) so I would either roast it with additional fat atop (bacon/ fat back/pork belly, etc) or brine it. Either method will end the dreaded dry and chewy taste. Another way to avoid unpleasant texture changes is to lower the internal temperature to 145 degrees.
Nice recipes overhead filled with classic seasonings. I'm partial to lots of garlic studding and herbs (bring on the rosemary!) w/ my pork but every once in a while the man enjoys a German/Nordic version. Now understand I'm not big on actual recipes ...I meander on seasoning to use what I have on hand when possible or just substitute and make my own version but we all have a start somewhere so here you go. A nice basic recipe that you can play with at will:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/roast-pork-with-apples---onions

I also think a boneless roast can make a nice vehicle for stuffing for a company on Sunday meal.

That's a tenderloin, though. Not a loin roast.
This is a miscommunication that happens frequently in the states due to regional differences in naming cuts, I think.

Basically, a tenderloin is at best, 1.25 lbs, while a loin roast averages about 4 lbs. I find that an easy way to know how to cook the two different cuts.

This is a miscommunication that happens frequently in the states due to regional differences in naming cuts, I think.

Basically, a tenderloin is at best, 1.25 lbs, while a loin roast averages about 4 lbs. I find that an easy way to know how to cook the two different cuts.

They are also from different areas of the pig. There is a good picture of the two cuts at this link:
https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the...k-loin-and-pork-tenderloin-meat-basics-213408

Pork loin and pork tenderloin are not cut from the same part of the animal, and in fact, look really different — pork tenderloin is thin and small, while a pork loin is wide enough that you can cut steak-like pieces from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter