Pork chops and applesauce

MushyMushy

Marseeya Here!
Any simple ideas of what I can do with some pork chops I've got to cook soon?

(I love me some Peter Brady)

spread dijon mustard on them, coat in bread crumbs and bake

Layer the bottom of a baking dish with apple pie filling, place the pork chops on top and top with stove top stuffing that you have already moistened. Bake at 350 until the pork chops are done.

A very non-healthy recipe, but very very yummy is to put a stick of butter in a 9 x 13 and heat oven to 400. Bread the chops with crushed saltine crackers mixed with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and a little pepper to taste and alternate a beaten egg or two. We bread, dip in egg, and bread again. 30 mins on each side. The chops come out extremely tender and the breading soaks up the butter that is melted in the dish. Again. Not heart healthy.

Brown 'em in a fry pan, cover with 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 1 cream of mushroom and 1 cream of whatever, or 1 cream of mushroom and some sour cream). Cover and cook about 25-30 min. Serve with rice; use soupy stuff as gravy.

Layer the bottom of a baking dish with apple pie filling, place the pork chops on top and top with stove top stuffing that you have already moistened. Bake at 350 until the pork chops are done.

This is delicious. My kids love it as well!

I just made pork chops last night. Yum. I had some time, so I marinaded them in Stubb's Pork Marinade for about 4 hours, then baked them in a single layer in the oven. I poured the excess marinade over them first. They came out juicy and very tender. The marinade has a slight spicy kick to it, so don't try this unless you like spice. They were delicious.!!:)

Trim the fat off of the pork chops, melt it in a pan and use to saute an onion. When done, add beef boullion (one or two with the appropriate amount of water), and worcestershire sauce (maybe about 3 of 4 Tablespoons?). Bring to boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. While it's simmering, slice a few potatoes. Oops, you were supposed to brown the chops before you saute the onion (after you trim off the fat). Layer the potatoes, sauce, chops, sauce, and so on until everything is in a pan. Bake on 350 for about an hour.

We call the Lithuanian Pork Chops. Very yummy. Sorry I couldn't give the exact amounts.

Any simple ideas of what I can do with some pork chops I've got to cook soon?

(I love me some Peter Brady)

:rotfl2: I made pork chops and applesauce on Sunday. I love me some Peter Brady too. :rotfl2:

I just grilled mine and sprinkled some garlic salt. Homemade applesauce, stove top stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans. YUMMY!

I've done this in the crockpot.

Salt and pepper pork chops. Liquefy in microwave some apricot/pineapple jam and sprinkle in some curry. Poor into the crockpot a marinade that's tropical....I use Safeway's Mango Curry marinade. Brush porkchops with jam. While they are cooking, occasionally spoon over the marinade and juices. Cook till fork tender.

Very yummy with rice.

Brown 'em in a fry pan, cover with 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 1 cream of mushroom and 1 cream of whatever, or 1 cream of mushroom and some sour cream). Cover and cook about 25-30 min. Serve with rice; use soupy stuff as gravy.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Instead of soup, you can use brown gravy. Add diced onions and green peppers to the gravy. Serve with rice, cornbread and a veggie. (I would use collard greens, cabbage or string beans)

Some of these sound so delicious! I'll have to make pork chops more often just so I can try some of these recipes.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Instead of soup, you can use brown gravy. Add diced onions and green peppers to the gravy. Serve with rice, cornbread and a veggie. (I would use collard greens, cabbage or string beans)

What exactly are collard greens? It's not something I've ever seen in the store. Do you cook it like cabbage? I've just recently started liking different greens, so it's something I'd like to try some time.

What exactly are collard greens? It's not something I've ever seen in the store. Do you cook it like cabbage? I've just recently started liking different greens, so it's something I'd like to try some time.

I just found this recipe. It's pretty close to the way I cook them. (I don't use butter,:scared1: garlic or red peppers)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/collard-greens-recipe/index.html

50025466.JPG

dng_collard_greens_lg.jpg

Oh yum, thats sounds good.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter