• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR

Veteran Wife

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to Disney in almost 8 years. My DH had planned a nice trip for us a few years ago, but then had to cancel because my father got very sick. My father passed away last month and my DD (25) decided that due to the stress of everything, as a Mother's Day gift to me, she booked a Disney in September MNSSHP - mom/daughter trip! We are staying at POR, which I've never stayed at. Since its only a 4 day trip, we are doing counter service because we'd rather spend our time running around the parks and grabbing a quick bite. My question is, the buses run both POR and POFQ still, correct? I stayed at POFQ when she was little and they were together. We are not renting a car, so I'm a bit concerned about missing the buses after the parks close and not having a way back to the hotel without getting a cab, which I know is pretty expensive. Also, can anyone tell me which buildings are closer to the bus stop? I'm not the youngest cookie anymore, so after walking the parks all day for 4 day, I'm hoping to get a room kind of close. : )

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ort-information-and-questions-thread.3374035/

Www.portorleans.org
Maps of the buildings http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php bus routes http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php , everything
Bus normally run west, north, east south though
If you are going to eat at the resort and don't want to walk as much, preferred room is prob worth it for you.
You would have to really try and miss the last bus from a park imo. I have left many times when the park is closed and never came close to not getting a ride, I wouldn't worry about it at all

Last edited:
OP the two Port Orleans resorts do not share buses as much as they did years ago. We have stayed at POFQ and in we have shared
less each trip. Last couple of years we only shared a very early bus to MK (prior to 7:00am) , an overflow bus (the 1st bus filled up at POFQ, the 2nd bus picked the rest of us up then did one POR stop) and a few midday buses to & from the parks. I hope you make time to visit Disney Springs one night. The boat ride is a nice break from buses. By 5:00 pm the POR boat goes to straight to DS they only stop at POFQ during the morning and afternoon.

It's nearly impossible to not get a bus back to your resort. Transportation runs until the park is cleared of guests. If you're one of the last people out of the park, you may end up on some kind of shared "stragglers" bus (not an official name by any means!), but you won't be left behind.

We close the parks down normally and have never been busless:) POR has 4 bus stops so every room is decently close to a bus stop and you could always put that as your request. The resort is so well themed, that our family has a lot of times got off at the main entrance and enjoyed the walk back to our room. For us it is a way to wind down after a full park day:) I would definitely check out the portorleans.org site that dmband put in their post, it is full of great information. Have a great trip:)

A lot of people use Uber/Lyft now and I think it's much less $ than a taxi. So that's an option.

Thank you so much for the responses! It makes me feel alot better that we don't have to worry about scrambling to catch a bus after the park closes. My DD and I are the most excited about going over to POFQ and eating beignets each morning. Now to sit back and wait for the fun.

A lot of people use Uber/Lyft now and I think it's much less $ than a taxi. So that's an option.

I heard that Disney is about to launch there own version of this...... For an extra fee of course. But they will drop you off as close to your room as possible.

I'll second what everyone has said here. If you are in line after park close, they will get you back should the bus be full.

And, to give a little extra solace, don't forget you always have Disney Springs as a final option. The Parks have direct Disney Springs buses now after 4pm. And, even if that stopped, all resort hotels do as well. Disney Springs runs buses until (at a minimum) 1am weekdays and 2am weekends (and usually 2am most nights). So, you would only have to be in line for POR by 12:50/1:50am. I will often go to Trader Sams or the Boardwalk after the parks when staying at POR or CSR. Quite easy to then grab the bus to Disney Springs from that hotel and then walk over a pick up the bus to my hotel. Admittedly takes a little time, but you won't be left stranded!

Thank you so much for the responses! It makes me feel alot better that we don't have to worry about scrambling to catch a bus after the park closes. My DD and I are the most excited about going over to POFQ and eating beignets each morning. Now to sit back and wait for the fun.
A bit of advice, remember not to breath in when biting into your beignets. I did this years ago and the powder made me cough, which caused a cloud of white powder to go into the air in front of me:rotfl2: Well I here this story ALL the time from by DW and DDs. Remember when daddy........ Ahhhh memories:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter