POR - which mansion under reno?

2plus2more

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know which mansion(s) are currently under renovation? We leave SOON!! :yo-yo: (stomache turning with excitement) so we need to finalize our preferences. If we want a non-smoking mansion are we likely to be successful?

WHEN WE WERE THERE MARCH 6 - 16 ALL OF OAK MANOR WAS CLOSED. I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO FINISH, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE 2 MONTHS WOULD BE LONG ENOUGH

We stayed at POR April 18th thru 23rd. It was wonderful We stayed in the Mansions(Parterre Place). We got there at 8:00 in the morning,and our room was ready. It was riverview,and a real short walk to the food court,and bus stops. Housekeeping was great. Every night we can back to the room to find towel animals,and my sons toys,and animals were in different places. sometimes they would be grouped together watching TV,or peeping out the window. My ds(5) thought the characters were doing it. He loved it. The food court was great. I had the taco salad one night,and it was good. My husband had subs,and son had pizza. The refillable mugs were nice. My son loved the pool. If I had a nickel for every time he went up,and down the slide I'd be rich. We loved the boatride to Downtown Disney. We did that twice,and it was very relaxing. The boat captions were very informative,and alot of fun. We got all our room request. Would stay here again! Have a great trip! :earsboy:

Thanks for the replies.

Sheila, that's adorable about your son thinking the toys were roaming the room while you were out. I can imagine how exciting Toy Story must be for him now.

Is Partere Place non-smoking and do you know if it's been renovated yet? I've read somewhere that river view isn't really all that spectacular at POR so I had decided to request pool view. How was your view - would you recommend it? How was the walk to the bus stop? to the food court? Sorry for all the questions .... but I want to make sure I've done all I can to get this right. DH & I haven't been since we were teenagers about 25 years ago (think there was only Magic Kingdom when I went) & we probably won't be again for a very long time.

Does anyone know for sure which mansion is closed now? I was going to request Magnolia Terrace but I think it's closed??? :confused:

I came back on the 11th and Magnolia Terrace was still closed then. We stayed in Acadian House which obviously hasn't been rehabbed yet (cracked tile in the bathroom, walls needing to be re-painted) but was still nice and the room was very clean.

2plus2more, ParterrePlace was non-smoking,and it looked brand new. The guys at guest service asked if we wanted a remodeled room. The furniture was dark cherry wood,and the curtains were beautiful I requested a riverview,and it was nice. Since there isn't a balconey you really don't see it much. We did get a great location. The buses were only a short 2 minute walk. We were close to the food court,and pools. The food at the food court was really good. We ate there a few times. My son would get so excited about the animals. One night we came back to find balloons with a Simba stuffed animal.and a signed picture of the Lion King char. He was so excited. He thought Simba delivered it. I went to guest services to find out. The lady thought the man that checked us in did it. I thought this was so nice,but to be sure they couldn't do this for every child. I found out when I got back my aunt had called & ordered it for him. That was so sweet. She goes all the time at stays at the YC Club. They do this there at the deluxes. She called the YC and explained her great nephew was staying at POR for his first WDW trip,and he loved Simba. She asked if he could deliver a Simba animal to his room. The guy asked for a number to call her back,and see what he could do. He called my aunt back in thirty minutes to say he also found a picture os Simba & friends,and would take it to them to have signed. He even personally drove to the POR & had it delivered. My son's expression was priceless. He had seen Festival of Lion King,and thinks simba delivered it for him. That was very magical for him. He tells everybodt simba gave it to him. I couldn't hear any remodeling going on. It was very quiet at our room. We loved it! We had towel animals every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter