• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR VS CBR???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We have stayed numerous times at POR. We are a family of 5. We are going 8/26 thru 9/5. We are thinking of changing to CBR, just for a change. From what I can see the pool at CBR seems a little nicer and bigger? The resort at CBR does seem larger, so I know we could have a longer walk to get food and/or swim at the main pool. Is the food court at CBR close to the main pool? We plan on spending most days at the pool and having lunch at the resort and then going to the parks at night for dinner. Which food court is better POR or CBR? Are the buses any different? Any pros/cons of both resorts? Thanks for any info.

We've stayed both - I don't think you can top POR's setting, but CBR is very nice. CBR pools are superior and food court is right there, might give food court edge to POR but not overwhelmingly.
We've only been to both each one time - for us buses were far better at POR. More stops at CBR but resort was sold out at the time which didn't help. Resort itself didn't feel crowded. We were a long walk from everything down in the pirate rooms (upgraded as nothing else was left when we checked in).
I think it's fun to try new resorts, that's why our next stay will likely be CSR.
Good luck!

We have stayed numerous times at POR. We are a family of 5. We are going 8/26 thru 9/5. We are thinking of changing to CBR, just for a change. From what I can see the pool at CBR seems a little nicer and bigger? The resort at CBR does seem larger, so I know we could have a longer walk to get food and/or swim at the main pool. Is the food court at CBR close to the main pool? We plan on spending most days at the pool and having lunch at the resort and then going to the parks at night for dinner. Which food court is better POR or CBR? Are the buses any different? Any pros/cons of both resorts? Thanks for any info.
Unless you book a Pirate Room at CBR, your walk will be no further than any resort in POR. The food court is about 100 feet from the Main Pool. More bus stops at CBR, but has never been a problem.

Thanks so much for the info. Since we are a family of 5, don't even think we can get a pirate room. We were far from main pool/food in POR once and didn't think it was a big deal.

I've stayed at both and both are nice resorts. The CBR food court seemed a little closer to the pool. I also thought the food quality was better at CBR. I found the buses to be much the same at both. I think trying something different would be good.

We've never stayed at POR, but we loved everything about CBR. As Kevin355 posted, the food court is right by the main pool, so no long walks to grab something to eat. CBR is large and spread out, but we didn't find that to be a problem. We also thought the buses were quick and efficient. Since you've already stayed at POR a few times, I'd give CBR a try. Good luck.

Yes, we are going to try CBR. The pools look amazing and the food court at POR really gets super crowded sometimes. We like to hang out at the pool and have lunch, so getting lunch close
by will be great.

Yes, we are going to try CBR. The pools look amazing and the food court at POR really gets super crowded sometimes. We like to hang out at the pool and have lunch, so getting lunch close
by will be great.

I'm sure you will have a great time :goodvibes.

Stayed at both and love both. I try to always get a preferred room so I'm close to the main building. I would give CBR a try. Our family likes new experiences and trying new resorts. Hoping to try every resort one day.

It will be nice to try a new resort. Now you'll be able to compare/contrast and have new experiences. :)

~Cari~ pluto:

We've went the past two December's, 2013 and 2014, and stayed at CBR. I'd say give CBR a try. By now they should have completed the room renovations and most should have queen beds. As we've only stayed at French Quarter and not Riverside, if I couldn't get the time frame I desired at French Quarter but could at CBR it would be a no brainier. I'd go with CBR.

I've stayed at both POR and CBR, and I think POR is much nicer. I didn't care for the food court at CBR, and I hated having 7 bus stops. We got on in Jamaica, and were almost always the first stop, so that made for some long rides around the resort. But you never know until you try. If you want to be near the food court and pool and CBR definitely book a preferred room. Or you could have quite a hike.

We've stayed at and love both (family of four, two young kids who love to swim the afternoon away) - we prefer POR simply because of the way the resort is laid out. CBR was terrific and we'd return but if we're going to be far away from the main building, we preferred the setting of POR for the walks. The pools at both are great but probably are a tie in our mind. You can't go wrong either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter