POR ...up to par?

nancy679

Mouseketeer
Will POR be fully operational in May? We are booked there for 8 nites and I hope it will be. I know the boat to DD will not be up. Thanks for any info:)

When are you going in May?
We are booked for seven nights starting May 25.
I am hoping the boats to DTD will be running again by then. (crossing fingers)

I have reserved the POR for the last week in May as well. Arrival on Sun 5/26 Depart Sat 6/1...worried that things will not be as wonderful as they could be...
Has anyone had a recent visit that they would care to share? Starting to think about upgrading to the Poly...but would prefer to save the money if POR is going to be okay.:)

I just called POR and didn't get a lot in the way of answers/info. I spoke with two people. The first one couldn't wait to pawn me off on someone else. He transferred me to the Front Desk. (Who I gave me impression really didn't want to bother with me either.) Had I been thinking, I should have asked for Guest Services. But...:rolleyes:
Any who, I got just little info, but here it is:

Neither knew if the boats to DTD would be running in May. One suggested I call WDW Transportation and find out. :p
I was told by the front desk that all the Riverside restaurants are open and operational. I specifically asked about the Bakery too. I was told yes.
I asked if any other sections were opening up, or going to open soon. She didn't know.
I asked if they have preferred bldgs/rooms that cost an extra $10 a night (and gave ASMo as an example). She said they did not, EXCEPT the waterview vs regualr room. I was told the waterview rooms are $25 a night more. :eek:
Four bus stops are open at POR.
Don't know if any of this was any help ---

We just returned for POR last night, And it was awesome. I will be posting a full report in a daya or so.

The Food service is all open.
The Mansions are open. ( we stayed in one.)

Check for my report later.

Thanks

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
I just called POR and didn't get a lot in the way of answers/info. I spoke with two people. The first one couldn't wait to pawn me off on someone else. He transferred me to the Front Desk. (Who I gave me impression really didn't want to bother with me either.) Had I been thinking, I should have asked for Guest Services. But...:rolleyes:

As I had mentioned about a month ago, the front desk is staffed by front desk and former housekeeping office personell. The former housekeepiong office personell were given no training when they took their post. The mamager's attitude for middle shift is sink or swim. (My mom works that shift) She says it can be very disheartening to not have the information guests need. I suspect those that have made the transition will be answering questions like a pro in about a month. Just bare with them.
Jeannej

I have to say I was very impressed with the staff at ASMo last month.
The POR staff would have to be awfully good to be better than what we experienced in January at ASMo.
jeannej -- I am really sorry for your mother an dthe others. I cannot imagine how dificult that would be as we all exopect the CM's to know EVERYTHING. ;)
And ScrappinBear -- I am really looking forward to your report! I was beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice.

I'll be watching for your trip report too! I've been watching the boards with a little hesitation about POR. We're going second week of May....and I'm SO glad to hear someone was just there and had a good experience.

Must admit, I was so excited to get $94/nite in May that I figure we'll just grin & bear it!! Didn't want CSR with 2 little ones, and we've already done CBR.... we decided to take our chances.

WL '00
CBR '96
Disneyland '94
GF & CR '93 (honeymoon!)

I just booked a trip for my family of four to POR for the 2nd week in May. I'm also curious to find out if the boats are operational. The last time we stayed at POR was a year ago, same time and the boats were working then.

Keep those posts coming. I'll be there in June for my honeymoon. I was just at POR in Aug so it will be interesting to see what has changed. Many of the mansion rooms were closed when I was there and one of the bus stops was not used. We still got to stay in a mansion room. I think they are beautiful and the landscaping really makes you feel like you are on a plantation.

Steph

MY DH will be posting the report from us both !! Look for him.... Caelwind !!

Don't anyone worry though !!! There were crowds and it was GREAT !!!!

We traveled to POR at the end of January, and other than the mansions being unoccipied (which meant less bus stops and smaller crowds) and the boat to DD which me missed, and one station at the food court being closed, we thought the resort and service far exceeded our previous 2 visits there. The CM were extra friendly, and the place was in excellent condition!

We had a wonderful trip and I'm sure you all will too!

ScrappinBear, I'm looking forward to your posting as well!

I will be at POR in late April with my DD . . . she absolutely wants to stay in a mansion building. Can't wait to hear details about the resort and your trip!

Thanks everyone for your posts. I feel much better about staying there, and I am looking forward to reading the trip reports too;)

That is great news. We love the Mansions and were not looking forward to staying in Alligator Bayou. Couple of questions: 1. Was the boat to Downtown Disney open? and (more importantly) 2. Was Bob the piano player there?

We just returned after 14 nights.We arrived Feb3rd and the food court was partially closed(the seating area and one food station ),by the end of the week everything was open.One section in the Alligater Bayou section is closed(they are working on the roof)But the rest of the resort is open.Housekeeping was hit or miss it was someone new every day.And trying to get through to them was impossible(I was on hold for over an hour and finally gave up)I just left note a with a tip if I wanted something extra( my Mom just left a note and did not get her request for extra pillows, but mine were in my room)We were travelling with my parents and brother and he ended up with termites in his room .We were all moved promptly and did not like our new location ,so the manager(Chip)came and showed us our other options .He was great and very patient.Bell services even waited with our luggage to see where we had to move to.The staff was very helpful at the front desk(guest services)The food court staff seemed to be overwelmed.We always waited and the order was usually wrong if we were at the chicken and burger station and we were not the only people havibg this problem.At times it looked as if a superviser was overseeing this area.The resort is definately filling up and hopefully they will have their staffing in order by May.One bus driver was very happy to see the resort picking up,she said you would not believe the overtime they have now,and she will be able to pay her bills.Sorry this is long we will be posting a trip report soon:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter