POR sitting areas and small pool pictures

opieandy1

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have pictures to share of the small pools at POR? Going in September- will be first time staying at POR. Are there any outdoor sitting areas near the rooms? My wife is a teacher and usually has some papers to grade during this trip and likes to sit outside while grading them. We usually camp and are able to sit outside at the camper.

There are some tables right outside the food court; I love sitting out there in the morning and eat my breakfast while it is still somewhat misty outside.

We were in Acadian House and there were lots of benches along the walkways and around the fountains in the mansions section. There is a quiet pool right next to the bldg. and we loved sitting around out there. We usually bring a small, collapsible chair with us and I'll sit outside the room occasionally in the early morning before the rest of my crew gets stirring. The walkways there were pretty wide, so I found that if I sat my chair either in the little alcove by the door or right next to the railing then I wasn't in anyone's way.

Thanks for info, this helps. :thumbsup2 Hard to give up the freedom of camping- just trying to figure things out.

Thanks for info, this helps. :thumbsup2 Hard to give up the freedom of camping- just trying to figure things out.

I hope you are ready to be wowed by POR, because you will fall in love with it.

Don't forget about the water taxi to DTD. Sometimes I just take it down, walk through a few shops and take it back. It is a wonderful way to end your day.

I actually got an upgrade to a deluxe resort this past year; and I was so excited about it. When I went over to POR to visit, I was almost in tears because I wanted to be there so bad - even being in a deluxe didn't do it for me. I booked POR the minute I got home for this year. I cannot wait to go "home".

Which area do you prefer to stay in? I'm leaning toward the Magnolia Bend area, but would like some input on preferred buildings. Also, the beds look small. There will be just me and DW, but seem a little small for two people.

There are a lot of benches throughout the resort. If she needs a table, I agree with the previous post that the outside tables at the Main Bldg are a nice place to sit, although at times it CAN get noisy. She could try the tables at Muddy Rivers poolside bar on Old Man Island, if the pool area is not that crowded (again, the noise). Hope you enjoy your stay, Riverside is our favorite resort.

We stayed there last April and really liked it. As you can see, the grounds are beautiful and there are plenty of places to sit outside and relax or get a little work done

Which area do you prefer to stay in? I'm leaning toward the Magnolia Bend area, but would like some input on preferred buildings. Also, the beds look small. There will be just me and DW, but seem a little small for two people.

Oak Manor is my fav building; it is near a pool and is wonderfully quiet if you get to face the woods.

There are two full size beds. You can request a king-size bed room; although it is not guaranteed. I had one by accident one year, but since I was by myself, it was very nice. It was also a corner room, so you had two windows.

I did it one year with three other friends, so you will feel like there is a good deal of space. The privacy curtain at the sink area is nice for getting ready in the morning.

They also have a coffee pot and small fridge, which is wonderful!

We stayed at Magnolia and liked it. All in all it was a good location. If you don't mind walking then there are probabaly a lot of nice spots throughout the resort. Maybe if you stay in the more rustic part it will remind you more of camping. ;)

I would also recommend taking the water taxi at some point in time. It was a relaxing and scenic way to travel. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter