POR Royal Rooms

We have a royal room reserved for March. We wanted yo be in the mansion section, so this guarantees we will be. Also liked the location of these rooms as opposed to the other mansions. The theming looks a little heavy for my taste, but it will be fun.

If you have a little princess and you want a guaranteed mansion building, then a POR Royal room might be right for you. :goodvibes

Worth it? Maybe/Maybe not.

If you really want to stay at POR during the free dining promotion and all standard and preferred rooms are booked, but a standard Royal room becomes available, totally worth it! :thumbsup2 IMO anyways! ::yes::

I stayed there last February, and the rooms were really amazing :) if you're not all that into princesses it might not be worth it, but it all comes down to personal preference.

We stayed there in December bc it was the only room category left at POR for the free dining offer when we booked. The room was nice, and I would consider booking it again sometime. The princess theme is cute but very subtle, which was good for me and DH. I think even little boys wouldn't object to the theme and little girls would surely love it. All the small touches from the various princess movies were cute! It was nice to be guaranteed a room in the mansions buildings but this time around we are staying in Alligator Bayou in a preferred room.

It was worth it to me because my mom liked those rooms from the pictures.

She loved the RR's and thought AB looked bare and more like a generic motel than a resort destination.

I actually think I would prefer AB but my mom is a big fan of Deluxes so since I wanted a MOD I figured I would let her pick the room type.

We stayed there last year and loved it. If you have a "princess", they would enjoy it. Just the fireworks in the headboard was too much fun. There is so much detail, if you take the time to look around the room...from the faucets to the wallpaper boarders, to the "welcome letter" on the table to the pictures on the wall. We felt it was really well done. The location is great. We liked it.

Royal Riverfront, to us, was worth it. We like the Mansions, too, and have stayed in other categories, but it was fun to stay Royal Riverfront. Beautiful views! Worth is very subjective. What was worth it to us, maybe not to some. It all depends on how much time you are at your room. We like some daily down time. In the am, looking across the River to the Mill was just breathtaking!

I think it depends on your family. We thought they were nice, but not the be all for us. Our daughter loved the letter and the fireworks were entertaining for all of 15 minutes and then it wasn't much different than any other room. Again, that's us.

We also didn't find our location convenient but I can't compare it to other sections as I have never stayed at POR in another room.

GL choosing!

We stayed in a garden view royal room in Parterre Place two weeks ago and liked it. We were very close to the footbridge going to the main lobby and food court and thought the location was great. Next time we go (in about 2 years), if we decide to spend extra money on a category, we will probably book a preferred room. My husband likes the looks of the AB theme. If we decide not to do a preferred location, we might book a river or pool view and request Mansions because I prefer the theme of those. We rarely stay in the same hotel twice but we enjoyed POR and want to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter