POR Riverside vs French Quarter????

luke6t6

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked at FQ, but the 20% summer discount is only available at Riverside. My question is: Can you easily walk to the food court at FQ from Riverside? My daughter loves Beignets, and I know that they serve them for breakfast at the FQ food court. When we booked, the prices were the same, but now Riverside is obviously lower.

Thanks,

Luke

We are currently booked at FQ, but the 20% summer discount is only available at Riverside. My question is: Can you easily walk to the food court at FQ from Riverside? My daughter loves Beignets, and I know that they serve them for breakfast at the FQ food court. When we booked, the prices were the same, but now Riverside is obviously lower.

Thanks,

Luke

Yes- a 10 min. (or leisurely 15 min) walk from one resort to the other.

Thanks,

Luke

The answer is yes !

You will hear some people complain about it, it could be a 5-15 minute walk, maybe even 20 if you are a slower walker and are at the farthest point possible from POFQ. But if you don't mind a walk around a beautifully landscaped and built resort ... it should be fine :)

Looks like the longest distance from POR to POFQ food is 1.2 KM ... less than 1 mile. So, that should be a pretty easy walk.

I saw some Beignets in Riverside food court last month. It is fun to walk from one resort to the other just to see the other resort, unless it's super hot
-mary

Stayed in both last year. We preferred POFQ due to the smaller size but we did enjoy our stay at POR. We actually took the bus from MK to POFQ one night because there were no lines for their bus and the POR bus line was ridiculous. The walk from POFQ to POR back to our room was about 10-15 minutes.

If your daughter is young enough to enjoy it, you may want to switch to POR and then upgrade to one of the Royal Rooms. My little girl enjoyed the princess decor and it was a really nice treat! Either way, you can't go wrong with a POR resort.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I just switched to Riverside, with a Riverview Room, which is cheaper than a standard view room at FQ.

:)

You can also take the boat. POR and POFQ share a boat to DTD. Grab the boat from POR and get off at POFQ, and then the opposite direction. It's a nice ride. My kids love taking that boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter