POR Riverside to Boma at AKL

nikkyluvsmickey

DIS Veteran
Will i have to transfer busses to get from por to akl for my boma breakfast at 9 a.m.? What time should i leave the resort to arrive on time?

Yes you will have to transfer buses. You'll have pick up a bus for AKL lodge at any one of the parks. I would leave at least an hour ahead of time.

There are no resort to resort buses, so you will have to transfer at a park. In the morning, getting a bus to a resort from a park can be a long wait. Most people are going TO the parks and not trying to leave one. I would give yourself about 80-90 mins if you are going to rely on the buses. WDW recommends 90.

The best way is to just take a cab from POR. Obviously takes much less time and no waiting and wondering how long the AKL bus will take.

Someone might correct me, but I think your best bet is to grab a bus to DAK -then grab the first bus possible to AKL. We took a bus to DAK from BWV for dinner at Boma last year and we were the only ones on the bus -the driver overheard us talking and went straight to AKL and dropped us off. So you might get lucky. Another reasonable option would be to grab a cab for around $15-20.

GAN said:
Someone might correct me, but I think your best bet is to grab a bus to DAK -then grab the first bus possible to AKL. We took a bus to DAK from BWV for dinner at Boma last year and we were the only ones on the bus -the driver overheard us talking and went straight to AKL and dropped us off. So you might get lucky. Another reasonable option would be to grab a cab for around $15-20.

Buses will start running early for character breakfasts, I.e. Tusker House. However, buses will not be running as much in the morning to the resorts.

Best bet is to get a cab. Will cost roughly $20-25 but will only take 15 minutes. You are looking at potentially more than an hour trip if you take buses.

We are also having a Boma breakfast and staying at POR. Luckily, we'll have our vehicle. If we didn't.. I'd definitely splurge for a cab.

We did this one year and it was the last time I ever to a bus to a resort for an early am breakfast ADR. Waited nearly 45minutes at AKL for a resort bus, went and asked at the booth if there was one coming, they said they would send one our way...we waited another 45minutes. All in all nearly 3 hours travel time!! Lesson learned...now we spend the $20 on a cab!

We did this one year and it was the last time I ever to a bus to a resort for an early am breakfast ADR. Waited nearly 45minutes at AKL for a resort bus, went and asked at the booth if there was one coming, they said they would send one our way...we waited another 45minutes. All in all nearly 3 hours travel time!! Lesson learned...now we spend the $20 on a cab!

Ditto. We do it for all our morning ADRs at other resorts.

The route from AK to AKL is definitely the shortest of the 4 parks but I'd have to think that AK would have the longest wait for a bus to AKL that time of the morning. Although, we have done this for a resort breakfast ADR by transferring at Epcot and we waited a good half hour there. So who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter