POR questions - just made a reservation there for...

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
this coming Sept. I have been reading all the posts on these boards and others about the POR closing or partially closing.
so here is my question....

why is everyone avoiding the POR. so what if they are rennovating? that happens at many resorts.
my only concern is the 1 bus stop thing...but...again...all of the deluxes only have 1 bus stop.

so why is everyone freaking out over this? should I be more concerned?

thanks !!! :p

I also wanted to add that there was no problem booking a room for Sept 20-27 but....there were no king rooms available.
I am hoping to get a king later.
:smooth:

I'm going to POR 8/10 - 8/16. I'm not freaking at all. I'm looking forward to it. If the resort is half empty that's fine with me. If it's full that's ok too.

I agree with Epcot Bill...

We will be there from August 14th to the 24th. I could care less what they are renovating.

I have heard people mention there are sections of the food court which are closed. For me and DW...as long as we can get coffee, something to eat and the newspaper every morning..the food court is not a concern to us....

HOWEVER...we have no children. For those of you with children, I can see how the food court closures can affect you.

For us with no children, we see the food court only in the A.M.

If we did have children, ONLY the food court renovation would be a concern for us...NOT the renovations to any of the buildings.

I think a lot of people are concerned because no one gives you the same answer. One CM will tell you the place is up and running and ready for business, others claim some amenities may not be available, etc. I have seen posted here that the renovations will eventually become MAJOR, and yet that date is not obvious. I love PO/R, but for my next trip, if it is unclear about what is happening and when, I'll just go to Coronado or Carribean Beach and not have to worry.

We don't have kids either. We only use the foodcourt for breakfast and for late night snacks anyway. but we did really want the Mansion side and smoking rooms are out of the question. and wasn't Oak Manor the smoking bldg?

I wonder if some of the rehabed rooms will open up by Sept??
:smooth:

My concern is with what buildings will be open during our stay 9/28-10/05. We always request 14,15,18 (close to the main bus stop and food court) with 3 thirsty children, it is very important to be close to the food court. I have read that the teen buildings are open now and I'm concerned that they may be the ones closed during our stay and we would be in one of the far buildings. I can't seem to get a firm answer from Disney, one CM will say "there is not any renovations going on" and another will say "that all of POR will be closed in the next few months". We have booked "room only" but would like to switch to the FTP. I'm trying to decide if one would be easier than the other to work with if we have to be moved!! We are a family of 5, so another moderate is not a choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter