Por/pofq

disneydee6

DIS Veteran
Ok, I have looked through the boards, and I have seen both people rave about both resorts. I am SO TORN! POR looks so nice, I like the idea of being near the quiet pools (since this trip is just two adults), but I am so concerned about the bus situation there. Is is really that bad (during summer season)? Any worse than at BC?
POFQ has some nice features too. Smaller, and this bus stop is alot better from what I've hear, but because of the pool slide, it is geared for families. Is this true?
What resort do you prefer?:confused3

I have stayed at both, and prefer POR over POFQ. I like the decor of POR much better then POFQ. Plus, I think Boatwrights is better then Sassagoula Floatworks. But that's me.

thanks for your answer :thumbsup2

Ive been leaning more towards POR but I've also seen alot of threads saying "We loved POR except...." and then opened up to a complaint about the buses lol.

No prob. I don't ever remember the buses being an issue when I stayed there. But that was over 10 years ago when it was called Dixie Landings. LOL

I am torn too. I love POFQ. We like to go in Nov. and felt like we had the place to ourselves. After the craziness of the parks, it was wonderful to have peace and quiet. But I have been researching POR and it look beautiful. We walked over before, but just to the pool area. I thought to beat the bus issue, if our room at POR was close enough we could just walk to the POFQ bus stop. No?

POFQ is much more romantic. Also, the resort is smaller and more convenient. The POR folks waiting for buses often had to wait and wait because the POFQ people got picked up first. Also, the facilities that POR has that the POFQ folks want to use are only a quick boat ride away. When we stayed at POFQ, we loved the resort and enjoyed going over to POR to take advantage of whatever we wanted without having to sacrifice the bus efficiency or suffer with the POR extreme size.

Two reasons I love POFQ, always a seat on the bus in the morning and first to be dropped off on the way back. Next it has it's own bus stop at MK in the evening. Oh, and the hot tub is very secluded. If parents with kids are at the pool the younger ones won't venture into the hot tub as it's out of their site. I do agree with a PP that it's very romantic. I rarely use the food court at any resort. I eat breakfast in the room and usually have the basic dining plan. There's better food elsewhere, well accept for the beignets at POFQ. ;)

We did a GG at POR in August. It was awesome! Most times we all got on the same bus. I've stayed at POFQ too. Both are great but POR wins.

We love POR (as you can see, we're going back in Aug :)). We just liked the atmosphere and the theme of POR better than POFQ. We went last May and never really had a problem with the buses. In the morning we always got a seat, but we never went for rope drop so I can't say what the early morning crowds are like. At park closing, the lines obviously get long, but at MK (I don't remember if the other parks are the same) there were two separate stops. The good thing was that if the POFQ line was shorter, we could just get in that line instead and walk back to POR (we were in the building closest to POFQ so it wasn't too bad). I wouldn't worry too much about the buses.

We can't wait to go back!

Pick the theme you like best and go with it.

I prefer POFQ to POR. At POR, I like AB best. But loads of people prefer the mansions at POR over AB and POFQ. It's all about what you like.

(I don't take the bus and don't know anything about which bus/bus stop is better or worse.)

It's pretty easy to walk between the two resorts.

If you have trouble walking, you can wait and take the boat.

I prefer POFQ. I love the size of it. I like being able to walk to the laundry, boat docks, pool, arcade, guest services, concierge...anywhere in 2 minutes or mess.

I love POR! We have stayed there twice (April 08 and July09) and we have never had a bad bus experience. I like the themeing and food court at POR better than POFQ.

We love both. I prefer POR for the food court and the quiet pools.

I have to say that we spent 12 nights at POR last year and only had 1 bad bus experience...but that was due to fellow passengers...not the bus! Yes, they can be crowded. Yes, you may have to occasionally wait upwards of 10 minutes...but overall I think they do a really good job of moving so many people pretty efficiently. BTW, most of time we ride the monorail or boats they're crowded as well, so it's not just a bus thing.

We've stayed at both and liked POR better.
We've never had a problem with the busses at either of the resorts.
At POR we just caught the bus at the bus stop closest to our building
(we were in Mansions and several times there wasn't anyone on the bus yet)
We noticed that Most of the guest caught the bus at the Main Bus stop closest to the food court
and when they would get on the bus were surprised that people were already on the bus
(I guess they thought we were from POFQ but we were staying at POR).

I like POR better because of the Food Court is excellent (we walked over
Or we took the boat over several times to eat at POR FC while staying at POFQ)
I told my DH that I wished that we had just stayed at POR again instead of trying something new POFQ.
I found POR much quietier because it was spread out more and you didn't see as many people cause of that.
Plus besides having several quiet pools POR
also has several laundry rooms while POFQ has only one laundry room.
I think you will love POR.

Hi I have stayed at Port Orleans riverside 4 times now this will be my 5th and I can't wait I have been at different times in the year and with different amounts of people and have never had a problem , yes some times the buses are busy but I have had that at all star sports and other disney resorts so I would not worry to much about the buses x :)

We love POFQ for the convenience. We request close to the foodcourt and bus stop but we are always on the go.

We LOVE POFQ, as you can tell from my signature. ;) No room is too far from the bus stop, food court or pool. The food court had plenty of options for us inc. ribs, pot roast, and fried chicken all with sides during the dinner hours. The boat to DTD is a big plus. The buses pick up at POFQ before POR. We love the quiet atmosphere after busy park days. POR boasts quiet pools, but with all the rooms there, they need more pools than the main one, whereas one pool at POFQ is enough for the 1008 rooms. :) I've visited POR a few times and it's just way too spread out for us.

They are both great but I think POR is just much lovlier!! The grounds are so lush and walking through the mansion section at night when it's all lit up is truly breathtaking! Busses were not an issue for us. We always got on with minimal waits. Either one is a good choice but my personal vote goes to POR. Happy planning!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter