POR or POFQ?

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
We typically stay deluxe but are considering a mod for next summer to save money. I've never been to either Port Orleans resort. Which one do you prefer? I would love to hear pros and cons of both. I've stayed at both CSR and CBR. I love CSR but hate CBR, unfortunately the dates I'm looking at CSR is not available for the offer I'm getting through my TA.

Thanks!!

I stayed at both in the fall of 2014. My stay at POR was alone, and at POFQ I had a friend with me (we were both females in our late 30s.)

I strongly preferred POR. I felt the grounds were prettier and the buildings had less of a "motel feel." I also felt like the pool at POFQ was specifically geared towards very young kids (under age 7, imo) and there were no "quiet pools"--yes I know you can still use the POR pools if staying at POFQ. :)

I don't mind long walks to get from my room to the main building, so POFQ's smaller size wasn't a consideration for me.

Depends on why you hated CBR. POR is more similar to CBR than POFQ is.

POFQ is more compact, one bus stop, short walks, beignets in the food court, grounds a mix of French Quarter buildings in Garden District setting. Only Quick Service food options.
POR more space, grounds more spacious river plantation (like Oak Alley) setting. Quick service and sit down dining. pool is a bit better.

We've stayed at csr,cbr,por & pofq.

Our preferred mod is pofq-the ambience, the size of the resort & just everything about it was delightful.
In order of preference:
Pofq
Csr
Por
Cbr

Haven't disliked any resort we've stayed at-however enjoyed some more than others.

They are both great but I LOVE LOVE LOVE POR! The grounds are gorgeous - breathtaking to walk through the mansion section at night. Food court is great, rooms are well themed (I prefer Alligator Bayou), Yee Haw Bob........

POR and POFQ are my favorite moderates!

While I do love both, POR would be my top choice. The grounds are just so beautiful and peaceful. The buildings are beautiful as well. We've been lucky to have rooms that were always conveniently located quite close to the main building, but I know it's a bit of a walk from some buildings. (I wouldn't let a long walk stop me from staying there again, though!)

I love both POFQ and POR. POFQ is great because it is so compact. Having only 1 bus stop is a huge plus too. POR I love because I love the grounds--it feels very peaceful. I also love the food court at POR it is my favorite out of all of the moderates. And I think it has one of the best gift shops too.

We typically stay deluxe but are considering a mod for next summer to save money. I've never been to either Port Orleans resort. Which one do you prefer? I would love to hear pros and cons of both. I've stayed at both CSR and CBR. I love CSR but hate CBR, unfortunately the dates I'm looking at CSR is not available for the offer I'm getting through my TA.

Thanks!!

My personal favorite is CSR..

You said you stayed there, so I'm guessing the size of the grounds doesn't bother you. That being said. POR (my 2nd fav.) would be the choice here. From the laid back feel to it, to the Pepper Market ( which has changed some over the yrs. )to the awesome TS, and Yeehaw Bob @ the lounge....Oh & did I forget the main feature pool...Real nice feel to it..

POFQ to me is kinda Ehhh....It is small & quaint, and things are easily accessible, but having just 1 pool on property ( & geared towards lil kids ) is a downer, & no main TS either..rooms & decor are cool and so is the QS area.....
1 thing they have here that you can't get anywhere else in WDW is -----> BEIGNETS.......:love: Delish

Oh yea, and I forgot to say, we stayed in Magnolia Bend section of the mansions....Perfect spot if you ask me..So close to everything TBH. Including its own Bus Stop, quiet pool, not very far to main pool, & the bridge that leads to everything...Also the Movies under the starts was 1 bldg over...:thumbsup2

I love both POFQ and POR. POFQ is great because it is so compact. Having only 1 bus stop is a huge plus too. POR I love because I love the grounds--it feels very peaceful. I also love the food court at POR it is my favorite out of all of the moderates. And I think it has one of the best gift shops too.
^^^ This EXACTLY^^^

We have stayed at both, and enjoyed both stays. FQ is our favorite moderate. It's so small and compact. We thought the food court was great and the girls enjoyed the pool as well. We had good luck with the bus system too.

POFQ is smaller. But it feels more like the real French Quarter in New Orleans, which I love. If you don't want to walk too much to the bus station or the restaurant, then FQ is better.

POR is much bigger and has different sections. Alligator Bayou is more woodsy and has a more privacy feeling to it. Then there is the Plantation area that feels more like FQ. POR is definitely bigger and has more walking space if that is the thing you like.

I like POR's bus service more. The bus goes to both places one after another, but the bus station is bigger and easier.

I've stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR (but not FQ because no discounts + jester heads). CSR is my favorite.

I think if you like CSR, you'll probably like POR. The busing and pool aren't quite as good, but the food court is yummy and there's the Yeehaw Bob entertainment.

Stayed at all moderates. CSR is our favorite. CBR our least favorite. So maybe like thoughts.

POR is a beautiful resort full of southern charm. We like (like CSR) there is more than one theme withe Mansions and Alligator Bayou, plus within Mansions the Royal Guest rooms if interested. Some real perks of the resort is a good food court, a good table service that these days doesn't seem to be as busy as it once was, an AWESOME guy Yehaa Bob in the lounge that is fun for the whole family. They also serve some food items in lounge. The main pool has been recently renovated and refreshed. Several quiet pools in the room areas. There are activities like surrey rentals, carriage rides etc. Boat to Disney Springs is nice vs a bus. Transportation is not as good as CSR but better than CBR.

POFQ is well themed buildings, walkways and courtyards to rep NOLA. I love NOLA and the theme so it appeals to me. The rooms are done Victorian, use of rich tones and multiple fabrics to set the mood. We enjoyed our room as being themed but not overthemed. Smaller resort so many rooms are close to main hub but some of the outer rooms are not close. Food court just opened after a reno ......... wow, what a blow to me. The Mardi Gras theme gone, and now it is industrial and brown. Some interesting food items on the menu. Many love the beignets and they are a good donut but if you have eaten real ones, not the same. Pool is geared for young children with small slide but a great new water play area right there. Hot tub is size is not much bigger than I have at home and removed from main pool. There is NO Table Service. They have a lounge which has music a couple times a week. Sometimes they share buses with POR. They also have a boat stop for DS but all other extra amenities you need to go over to POR. For me personally, without the full amenities of a moderate, I don't want to pay moderate prices for it. I'd rather be at one of the moderates with everything right there.

Good info: http://www.portorleans.org/

Last edited:
I'm a deluxe sort of gal as well but have stayed at CSR, CBR and POR, of the three POR is by far my favorite and the one I'd choose if I were staying the entire trip at a moderate. We normally do split stays with the first night or two at a moderate then switch over to a deluxe for the rest of the trip. I did walk over to POFQ every morning during my morning walk/jog and have eaten at the QS. I didn't like the look of POFQ as someone else said, it looked more motel like than POR did. I stayed in Magnolia Mansion and it was a quick walk to the main buildings with a bus stop right behind, which was the 2nd to last stop so you did ride the bus through another stop on the way back from the parks but there was only one more stop before leaving. Often I'd just walk over to the main stop early in the mornings since it really wasn't that far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter