POR or POFQ?

Welcome! And I would say the answer depends on what you're looking for in a resort!

POFQ is much smaller which means that even if you're not RIGHT by the bus stop/food court areas, you're not that far anyway. The kids splash pad area is great but the food source is not as exciting currently. There is only one bus stop and only sometimes shares with Riverside. If it does share with Riverside, you're still the first on and the first off, unless you're going to Disney Springs.

POR is larger and more walking is involved. There are more bus stops. However, you have more choices of rooms- Royal, Alligator Bayou, Mansions...the grounds are gorgeous! It's a very serene resort. The food court/restaurant situation is better and seeing Yeehaw Bob so easily is a treat!

Welcome! And I would say the answer depends on what you're looking for in a resort!

POFQ is much smaller which means that even if you're not RIGHT by the bus stop/food court areas, you're not that far anyway. The kids splash pad area is great but the food source is not as exciting currently. There is only one bus stop and only sometimes shares with Riverside. If it does share with Riverside, you're still the first on and the first off, unless you're going to Disney Springs.

POR is larger and more walking is involved. There are more bus stops. However, you have more choices of rooms- Royal, Alligator Bayou, Mansions...the grounds are gorgeous! It's a very serene resort. The food court/restaurant situation is better and seeing Yeehaw Bob so easily is a treat!
We chose POFQ because it is smaller than riverside... Everything I read including the first on the bus stop was a factor... I watched a lot of youtube videos almost everyone on both resorts and I chose POFQ

POFQ would be my choice . If there are young children they put in a new kid's splash area which looks really good. If there are older children the pool at POR is better but you can use both places pools staying at either.
We walked up to POR every trip and the walk isn't bad.

We are a family of 5 and we stayed at POR. My youngest was 5 at the time and loved the fold out bed with Louis the aligator from Princess and the Frog on it. She still talks about it. My husband and I also enjoyed the restaurant at POR for dinner. Good southern cooking - some of the best grits I have had.

I've stayed at POR and really disliked the multiple bus stops and how spread out it was. We paid extra for a preferred room (building 27) but it was such a long walk to the food court! (Others may disagree but that's how we felt). We always waited at least 20 minutes (sometimes more) for a bus, and when going back to the resort from MK, the line was so massive with no bus in sight, that we started taking the POFQ bus instead and walking to POR (long, long walk!) next time we do a mod stay, it will be FQ!!

POR hands down. Choose preferred and ask for building 14, 15 or 18. Super close to the food court & the buses. Never had any issues with the buses coming or going at all.

POR hands down. Choose preferred and ask for building 14, 15 or 18. Super close to the food court & the buses. Never had any issues with the buses coming or going at all.

This poster is right, if you book preferred, don't accept bldg 27! That's part of where we messed up. I think that building should be in a standard category. It was not worth the extra cost.

POR because it is so beautiful. The Mardi Gras decor at POFQ is tacky and gives off a creepy vibe.
OP FYI the foodcourt which had the bulk of the Madri Gras decor is undergoing a renovation this fall so it is possible the look may not be as pronounced

POR (preferred or Royal Room).

POR has both a huge food court and TS restaurant.
POR has a horse and buggy ride available.
PoR has a nicer themed pool and multiple quiet pools
POR has Yee Haa Bob entertainment
POR is beautiful to walk around at night.
POR has rooms that can accommodate 5.
POR does not have creepy heads looking down on you while you try to eat. ( I hope those do get taken out at POFQ)

The ONLY advantage of POFQ, IMO, is the smaller size, which is not an issue if you book preferred or RR.
If you book a RR you can easily walk to/from the POFQ bus stop - it is only a few minutes away. We have done that on a rare occasion in order to get beignets on the way back to our room at POR (but we really never had a problem with the POR buses, so we generally used those).

I would choose POR. We thought this resort was so peacful and we preferred the food court here. We also liked the restaurant. We found the staff at POR to be very friendly and helpful. During busy times of year, we didn't have to share a bus with POFQ which was very nice. I think we were one of the few that didn't like POFQ, but we don't mind a short walk to the bus stop or to the main building. We also waited for an hour at POFQ for the boat to DS because every boat was coming full from POR.

We just stayed at POR. We went to POFQ one day to try the pool. We were not a fan. We like the pool much better at POR. If you have small children that splash pad area is great for them but my 9 and 10 year old were too big for it. We did really like the grounds at POR. They are Beautiful. We missed Yee Haw Bob but heard he is great. Boatrights is a restaurant. It also worked out well for us because the day Tropical Storm Earl rolled through we were able to eat their instead of being out and about through the storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter