POR or POFQ???

astag05

Mouseketeer
Im so torn between POR or POFQ!! Anyon that has stayed at both resorts which one would you definitely return to or recommend? If we stay at POR it will be in a royal room.

Originally we really wanted to stay at Riverside but it wasn't available during our dates so we ended up at French Quarter. And I can tell you- we weren't disappointed! It was beautiful. The room was great and the whole resort is just beautiful. Also, one word: beignets. :) I'm sure you can't go wrong with either!

I've stayed at both but am partial to POFQ. Both have the lovely boat ride to DTD and both are beautiful, but it's the compact size of the FQ that I love. I can get to the bus / boat / drink refill / laundry / pool in 5 min or less from any room. I do love the food court at RS (but the FQ has beignets) and sometimes make the peaceful walk along the river to visit RS. I think that people who like one PO resort tend to see the good in the other sister resort as well. We've done the carriage rides and pool at RS and they are lovely. But for us, the final nod goes to the FQ for the size. I walk enough in the park lol! Good luck with your decision.

I have also stayed at both POFQ and RS numerous times. They both have definite positives and negatives, but I think it mostly depends on what you like most at a hotel. If you prefer a smaller atmosphere/convenience as OurLaughingPlace already mentioned then POFQ is for you. I have also found the bus service to be much quicker, and its the first drop off point from DTD which can save a bit of time. However RS has a great swimming pool with a water slide that is a bit more fun than POFQ, and the dining has a bit more to offer there as well. But RS's layout is much bigger, and traveling to and from parks as well as just around the resort will take much more time than FQ.

I hope this helps a bit, no matter what though the PO resorts are a great choice!

POR mainly for the quiet pools if you book pool view. It's nice walking out your door to a pool at Disney.

I prefer POR over POFQ. However, it is a theme/style preference. I really don't like the mardi Gras theme at POFQ. That Giant head hanging in the food court creeps me out! And the pool seems more suited to a value resort than to a moderate.

The small size of POFQ is nice and the river view rooms are lovely. AND, of course, there are the beignets!

In the end though, this is one place where the theme outweighs the conveniences for me.

It is a very personal taste issue, though. Most people seem to prefer POFQ.

I would happily return to either resort, though! Enjoy your stay whichever you choose!

I've stayed at both and prefer FQ because of the smaller size and there is only one bus stop. I liked the food court and enjoyed the pool. Since we spend so little time at the resort, things like theme and the pools are low on the priority list.

I really liked my room and location at POR when I stayed in a Royal room, but for me, POFQ wins every time because of its small size.

I really liked my room and location at POR when I stayed in a Royal room, but for me, POFQ wins every time because of its small size.
Which building and view did you have in your royal room? Right now I've switched to a RR w/ a garden view. Online check in is next Monday... Wondering what I should request?

Which building and view did you have in your royal room? Right now I've switched to a RR w/ a garden view. Online check in is next Monday... Wondering what I should request?
We had a Gardenview and we were originally placed in Oak, but we were moved to Parterre Place because of a room problem. Both rooms were good locations. Next time, I would just request, "as close as possible to the footbridge."

We had a Gardenview and we were originally placed in Oak, but we were moved to Parterre Place because of a room problem. Both rooms were good locations. Next time, I would just request, "as close as possible to the footbridge."
Thank you!!

I have stayed in both and I am torn too! I love POR's atmosphere and theme more than POFQ. I also prefer their pool area for the kiddos (just seems like there is more there for them. However, POFQ is much smaller and easier to get around (especially if you have the mugs and want refills - like I do!) and you cannot underestimate the power of a beignet! We have stayed in POR and made a special trip to POFQ just for those darn beignets! (OK, I'll admit it, once we stayed at AofA and drove over for the suckers!!)

You cannot go wrong with either choice - if it were me I'd probably choose POFQ. Good luck!

I have stayed in both and I am torn too! I love POR's atmosphere and theme more than POFQ. I also prefer their pool area for the kiddos (just seems like there is more there for them. However, POFQ is much smaller and easier to get around (especially if you have the mugs and want refills - like I do!) and you cannot underestimate the power of a beignet! We have stayed in POR and made a special trip to POFQ just for those darn beignets! (OK, I'll admit it, once we stayed at AofA and drove over for the suckers!!)

You cannot go wrong with either choice - if it were me I'd probably choose POFQ. Good luck!
My kids are wanting to stay at POR for their pool area too!! I cannot wait to try these beignets regardless which resort we pick LOL!! Everyone talks about how good they are!! I'm still so torn!! We are now booked at POR in a RR with no rooms available at POFQ but that could change!! We are AP holders so we will be returning again for Christmas and are booked at POFQ but it's a shorter stay. I know we will enjoy our stay no matter where we stay but I worry so much about the resort decision LOL.

I would choose french quarter in a heartbeat, if it wasn't for the pool.. the slide is just a preschool kid's slide. and there is only one pool no quiet pool. even all the value resorts have at least 2 pools.
there arevery few loungers around the pool. there are more on a concrete deck above,not overlooking the pool. and no table with umbrellas by the pool only by the kiddie pool and the bar area. if it wasn't for that, I would choose french quater. wish they would add a pool.
I DO love that the hot tube is set apart from the pool.. less chance of kids jumping in and out, using it as a kiddile splash pool (like the hot tub at Old man's island.. so close to the main pool it turns into basically a kiddie splash pool)

I would choose french quarter in a heartbeat, if it wasn't for the pool.. the slide is just a preschool kid's slide. and there is only one pool no quiet pool. even all the value resorts have at least 2 pools.
there arevery few loungers around the pool. there are more on a concrete deck above,not overlooking the pool. and no table with umbrellas by the pool only by the kiddie pool and the bar area. if it wasn't for that, I would choose french quater. wish they would add a pool.
I DO love that the hot tube is set apart from the pool.. less chance of kids jumping in and out, using it as a kiddile splash pool (like the hot tub at Old man's island.. so close to the main pool it turns into basically a kiddie splash pool)
Yeah, my 11 yr old says the pool looks very babyish to him. My daughters would be perfectly fine with POFQ pool though. This is our first disney trip and for some reason I'm really wanting to stay in a royal room for our first visit. I guess it just has more of a disney feel to me... But at the same time I love how compact FQ looks on the maps so im wondering if I should just get over wanting to stay in a RR and not worry about the FQ pool so much bc we plan to stay at the parks the majority of our time. We have 2 half days we will be spending time at the resort out of our 9 day trip. And I really am concerned about the morning bus commutes at RS vs FQ and the extra time RS may take.

Im so torn between POR or POFQ!! Anyon that has stayed at both resorts which one would you definitely return to or recommend? If we stay at POR it will be in a royal room.
Both for different reasons. We tend to lean more to POR but would take POFQ over any of the other mods. We prefer the mansion rooms.

one year we had a 10 night trip. did something weird. 5 nights at POFQ and 5 nights at POR. FQ first, and strolled over to eat at boatwrights. walked over tot eh sectino in AB we requested to check out room possibilities for the 2nd leg of the stay.

I absolutely love Riverside in the preferred rooms. Stayed there in Feb and the proximity to the bus, main building, and pool was fantastic. That said, I am staying at POFQ for the second time in December, it was a bit cheaper, and I like how it is smaller without having to pay for the preferred room. Almost every room there is "preferred". Not sure this helps at all lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter