POR or POFQ Which for those trouble walking

Travellerman

Mouseketeer
Will possibly be travellilng with someone with arthritis, who gets around very well, but at the same time doesn't want to be somewhere TOO out of the way. Port Orleans French Quarter I assume from things i've read here, is probably best. But would Riverside also be a choice? Is there rooms that can be reasonably accessable to the lobby main building/restaurants at Riverside? Would one be much better than the other, or either would be fine? Thanks.

POFQ would be best, but you can book preferred rooms at POR to be close to the main building and less walking.

POFQ is a great choice for someone with mobility issues! POR would work if you are right next to the dining hall. We recently stayed at CBR and it is very spread out. There is an internal bus system, though. I would also consider a resort with an elevator or request a first floor room. My dh has osteoarthritis and stairs are VERY tough for him. We requested a 1st floor room at CBR as they have no elevators.

Of the 2 PO resorts, POFQ would be the safest choice, unless you book the preferred rooms at POR. A simple room request won't suffice. I had placed a medical request for a main floor room in a building close to dining. Got a second floor room at the far end of Parterre (the furthest building away). Their reason: every mansion has an elevator. Lesson: if you have mobility issues, book preferred at POR.

My DH has RA and difficulty walking after a long day at the parks. My DS stayed at POFQ and said that it was a great resort for someone one who needs to be close to transportation, food court and pool. We stayed at the Poly and explained to our CM when I made the reservationt that my DH has mobility issues. The wonderful CM put our needs on our reservation, so let the CM know what you need. We had a great room :thumbsup2

I think that i'll probably play it safe and take the POFQ. Any recommendations for which buildings?

We have stayed at both, and for your reason, definately POFQ is the better choice. We stayed in building #5 which was close to the pool, dining area and the boat launch to DTD. I guess it would depend on your needs.

My husband has mobility issues and we stayed at POFQ last year and it was great. Even the food court was easy to navigate with the restrooms close so he could get back and forth to table independently.
when we decided to book this year that was our resort of choice

We stayed with two parents with mobility/health issues. POFQ worked great ... easy to get around, and easy for my mom, who had to do some alone time at the resort with travel to and from a dialysis center based from there. She had no issues even with her limited travel experience! Great choice for those with physical limitations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter