POR or POFQ please help me make up my mind!!!

Mindy Marie

Mouseketeer
HI, can all of you POR & POFQ experts help me make up my mind which to book??? This trip will just be my 7 year old son and myself this Sept. We have stayed at a variety of the Disney hotels from deluxe to value. We have never stayed at either of these two, and they both look GREAT! :goodvibes Every time I think I have made up my mind which to pick I have found a plus to picking the other.:confused3 If anyone could share which one they would pick and why......I would be forever greatful!:worship:

I've never stayed at either one but had to make the same decision as you back in December. I chose POFQ, mainly because of the smaller size of the resort and from what I gather the busses are easier to catch at than at POR. That's about it for me. The resorts seem very similair, but I didn't see any advantage to POR over POFQ.

The theming is very different - while FQ is just that the look of the French Quarter - it is a little quieter IMHO - and easier to get around. We have had a room in one of the far reaches of the Riverside property and had quite a hike to get food in the morning and it was difficult for our son to find his way around, while that doesn't happen at FQ.

Either is good, but it is usually more difficult to grab a FQ reservation - both are nice and I would stay in both again, and we will be in FQ in July.

Have fun!

I have stayed at both and really liked each of them. Since it will be just you and your DS, I would go with POFQ, mainly because it is smaller and there will be less walking. Maybe you could request building 6 or 7, the 2 closest to POR. That way you could easily walk over and use the pools, foodcourt, etc., there. Choosing between POR and POFQ is not a bad thing-because they are sister resorts, you can pick one but still use all the amenities of the other. It's like getting 2 resorts for the price of 1!

Have a great Mom and son trip! :goodvibes

We just got back from a week at POFQ and I would highly recommend it. We enjoyed the smaller size of the resort and just having one bus stop. Most of the time the buses went straight from POFQ to the parks. At Riverside they stop at each of 4 stops which takes time. Also it was an easy walk from POFQ to POR to eat in the restaurant there.

We've stayed at both and really enjoyed them!! If I was to choose my favorite though it would be POFQ. The theming is wonderful and the small size is a huge plus. We were literally within a 2 minute walk to everything - lobby, food court, pool, boat launch, arcade, bus stop..... POR is also a wonderful resort though. Good luck with your decision!:goodvibes

I haven't stayed at POFQ, but have stayed at POR and loved it. There's a fishing hole that your son might enjoy. And there's a pirate adventure that leaves from there as well. Either way, you can walk from one resort to the other (or take the boat) and use the other's facilities. Both resorts have a large fan base so you won't go wrong with either one.

It seems to me that POFQ is more open, and if you go to AB it is more in the woods. So if you have a preference, consider this.

I have stayed at both and really liked each of them. Since it will be just you and your DS, I would go with POFQ, mainly because it is smaller and there will be less walking. Maybe you could request building 6 or 7, the 2 closest to POR. That way you could easily walk over and use the pools, foodcourt, etc., there. Choosing between POR and POFQ is not a bad thing-because they are sister resorts, you can pick one but still use all the amenities of the other. It's like getting 2 resorts for the price of 1!

Have a great Mom and son trip! :goodvibes

Exactly what she said! I would also add that with both resorts you get the boat to DTD, but that with POFQ being so very easy to get around, and its having only one bus stop, you really can't go wrong with this choice!

I've been to both and loved both of them. I loved POFQ because it is smaller and all the same reasons everyone has said already.

After discussing this with hubby we both agree though that we liked PORS better. I can't really tell you why but it felt like home. :-) I loved being able to swim in one of the quiet pools at the end of the day and not go to the main pool. The main pool was always full at POFQ because it was the only pool. I also liked the food court better at PORS.

They are both great resorts and I would love to stay at either one of them again.

Just my two cents.

We have stayed at POR three times and have always enjoyed it but the food court can get crazy and the buses fill up very fast so we had to wait for another one every time.

We have finally secured a POFQ ressie for tomorrow and I cannot wait to check it out!

HI, can all of you POR & POFQ experts help me make up my mind which to book??? This trip will just be my 7 year old son and myself this Sept. We have stayed at a variety of the Disney hotels from deluxe to value. We have never stayed at either of these two, and they both look GREAT! :goodvibes Every time I think I have made up my mind which to pick I have found a plus to picking the other.:confused3 If anyone could share which one they would pick and why......I would be forever greatful!:worship:

I would go POR personally.....

Fish'n Hole
Piano SINGING?LAUGHING FREE show and KIDS have such fun (mon nites)
VERY nice to have QUIET pools to go to if Main pool sis busy or you just want some one on one with your child, with a ball etc...
POR pool IMHO is much better (large ride, fountains, water shooting) and better for your 7 year old than other at POFQ, our kids thought it was babyish.
POR food court is one of largest and most variety.
Store on property MUCH larger that at POFQ for sundries and just fun to walk around...
Restaurant on premises! YUMMY too!
They both have the game rooms and the playground boats and you can swim at either..BOTH have boat to DTD, which you should also take advantage of regardless which you choose, your DS would prob love lego store....
Well, Good Luck on your decision, they are both nice, pofq more intimate (my sis went there for her Honeymoon actually (booked by ME:lmao:) Loved it..

Have a great trip!

Another vote for POFQ!! For the same reasons really...MUCH less walking. I really like Riverside...it's beautiful and the pool is great...but oh my WORD the walking! It's a very large sprawling resort. I was surprised when I popped over there to see a friend...I swear I walked forever before finding her room! Lovely resort...very large.

The other pro for FQ is that it is first pick up first drop off on the shared route with Riverside. That usually means you will won't be without a seat! At least on the way to the parks. And if you are standing on the way back you'll be able to get off the bus first! WooHOO! ;)

POFQ is a lovely resort. Every building is close to the buses and food court. The theme is great and it's a nice quiet place to return to after a long day at the parks!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter