POR or POFQ FOR GIRL'S TRIP?

AtlMom

Earning My Ears
I have been reading through the many posts about the pros and cons of POR vs. POFQ. Here is our situation: I am taking my Mom with me on a 3 day, girl's only trip next May, and leaving the kids at home with my husband. My mom is in her 70's, but in perfect health and great shape, so walking long distances isn't an issue. We are attracted to the lush landscaping at POR, but also like the French Quarter look. Basically, we can't reach a decision, and don't really have a preference! We're just happy to be going to Disney with no little ones this time!

We are really torn between which resort to select, POR or POFQ? What would you pick for us? :)

I am biased but I'd say POFQ, simply because it is small. Your mom may be in great shape but after 8 or so hours of walking, standing, etc. a shorter walk to your room is always preferred. Plus the fact that FQ is first pickup and first drop off on the bus route is an asset as well.

I'd choose the smaller resort. Definitely. But as is often said here on the DIS - hey, you are going to Disney, who can ever have a bad time there!

My mom and I are also planning on a girls only trip. I recently stayed at POFQ on a business trip and fell in love with it. It was very peaceful and quiet, and the look is very charming. I always thought the New Orleans theme would be too much for me, maybe too carnival-like, but I didn't get that feeling at all. Pictures I had seen of the food court prior to my stay looked like something I wouldn't like - but, in person it was surprisingly nice. The staff was great. We ended up with a ground floor parking lot view, but there were so many trees we didn't see the lot. It was just so quaint and peaceful to come back to after a day in the parks, I made up my mind on the spot that this is where Mom and I would stay.

Having stayed at both POR and POFQ, I would say that you have chosen well. With family, I think POFQ is best. It is our favorite but, if it was a girls only trip I was taking, I think I might opt for POR. The lush plantings, the quiet pools being closer, and the relaxing walks to the bus stops and the food court make down days very enjoyable. Whichever you choose, you will love the resort!!!!

How great congrats on a girl's only trip! We stayted at the POFQ it was terrific! We did go over and visit the Riverside and will plan our next stay there. Here is what I am interested in about the Riverside, the quiet pools !!! Love that idea! I also loved the Oak Manor and other houses along the water so we will be getting a waterview room. I found the grounds for a stroll more expansive than FQ. Also am planning to take a horse and buggy ride and use the boats! YIPEEE!!!!

SO that being said that is what I am looking forward to enjoying at the Riverside.

What I will miss about the French Quarter, is the great singing bushes! :rotfl: I love jazz music! The decor along the resort was also terrific.
Personally either you go is a win win! Good luck, happy planning and have a great trip!

Thanks for all the great feedback! I do love the idea of the quiet pools at Riverside, but the short walks at the French Quarter are also appealing. We have only stayed deluxe before, but didn't want to spend that much for just the 2 of us. I think this will be a great first choice of a moderate for us! Now I just have to decide whether it's going to be Riverside or FQ.....keep the great feedback coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter