• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR or CBR?

katyj26

Disney Addict
Convince me of which resort to stay at. I'm saving up to possibly go in September 2013. I want to stay in either the Royal Rooms or the Pirate Rooms.
I want to bring someone along but it may be a solo trip for a 24 year old me! Where would you choose?

Convince me of which resort to stay at. I'm saving up to possibly go in September 2013. I want to stay in either the Royal Rooms or the Pirate Rooms.
I want to bring someone along but it may be a solo trip for a 24 year old me! Where would you choose?

To be honest with you Caribbean beach wouldn't even be an option for me.

Usually this topic comes up often, and I generally rate them as follows, Coronado Springs first followed by Port Orleans Riverside, then the French Quarter, followed by a distant fourth Caribbean beach.
I realized you did not pick Coronado Springs but I will elaborate not only does it have the best feature pool, but the pepper market is a huge plus over the food courts the theming to me is a lot nicer than the others. Also the bus service is the best on all property. Also there's also a nice lounge a as well. But if your heart is set on those other 2 resorts then I would definitely choose Riverside by a landslide, it also has a nice boat ride to Downtown Disney

POR, it is not even close.

If you get a Royal Room you will be fairly close to a bus stop, and you will just have to cross a bridge to get to the food court and gift shop. At CBR the Pirate rooms are the farthest away from everything.

I think the food court at POR is the best on property. I had a hard time finding much to eat at the one at CBR.

CBR is huge! Seven bus stops, compared to four at POR. CBR is the only moderate resort that has an internal shuttle to drop guests off at stops around the resort. It never goes to the parks, just loops the resort. That should tell you something about the size of CBR.

POR would be my choice, hands down!

I feel compelled to defend CBR overall BUT...the area with the pirate rooms (Trinidad South) really is in the middle of nowhere. In fact it's probably closer to the far end of nowhere. Someone in the know described it thus: "They took the rooms no one wanted, redecorated them and raised the price."

Pirate rooms are a good walk away from the main building. CBR is our FAV resort. We are tossing up staying at POR next trip but not sure if we can give up CBR! The Island vibe is the greatest!

Thanks for the comments. I have stayed at CBR before and hearing that the pirate rooms are that far away is helping with the decision. It really is a big resort and we've always requested to be close to the food court building so leaning toward POR so far.

I've heard the pirate beds are pretty uncomfy too. POR has queen beds too so I'd definitely stay there

POR, it is not even close.

If you get a Royal Room you will be fairly close to a bus stop, and you will just have to cross a bridge to get to the food court and gift shop. At CBR the Pirate rooms are the farthest away from everything.

I think the food court at POR is the best on property. I had a hard time finding much to eat at the one at CBR.

CBR is huge! Seven bus stops, compared to four at POR. CBR is the only moderate resort that has an internal shuttle to drop guests off at stops around the resort. It never goes to the parks, just loops the resort. That should tell you something about the size of CBR.

POR would be my choice, hands down!

I COMPLETELY agree!

My only mod experience is CBR and POR. I don't think I would stay at CBR again unless it was free. I would go back to the All Star first.

But I loved POR. We had a royal room, which was close to the bridge to the bus stop. POR is so pretty, and smaller. We weren't even in Trinidad at CBR and it felt like forever away. And the CBR food court was always packed with people, it was hard to find somewhere to sit there. POR has a make your own pasta dish spot that is yummy - and the food is fresh, you can see them cook it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter