POR or CBR with a toddler?

nspencer

Earning My Ears
Okay experts, I need your help!

We are officially heading to WDW for our next trip, our first with our 2 year old DS! :woohoo:

I need your opinions on which resort would be better for staying with a toddler: POR or CBR? It's been several years since I stayed at either and I really wasn't old enough to care about what would be more kid friendly. I welcome any and all thoughts and opinions you guys may have!

Thanks!

Tough call. CBR has pirate rooms, but they are the ones furthest from everything else. I've read a comment where Disney took the rooms no one wanted and made them pirate rooms. If you stay at CBR book a preferred room so you are near the main pool, which looks very cool.

I love POR, but from a toddler's viewpoint it is more boring to look at than CBR. I think the pluses for POR are more for the adults--a way better food court, a huge gift shop, and 3 less bus stops than CBR. But I think if I were 2, I would go for CBR.

we stayed at CBR last september with our 2 year old. they had a great pool and playground. we didn't go to the food court much but the walk wasn't that bad and we were really close to the bus stop but you have to stop at about 5 stops to pick up or drop off people and that made the bus drive really long esp. with a tired little one,

Did you consider AoA? Is there a movie your DS is particularly fond of?

We took our then 2 yo DD to CSR in November, and she loved it plenty. At that age, everything Disney is magical and it doesn't really "matter" to them what the resort is like, so I'd say go POR over CBR for the reasons mentioned above.

However I chose AoA this year (going in 185 days, yahoo!) LM rooms because DD is obsessed with Ariel.

Are you renting a car? I would highly recommend it. Both POR and CBR have lots of stops and the bus rides (plus waiting for the bus) can push your 2 yo just over the too tired/tantrum edge. Renting a car is cheap and a lifesaver.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter