POR New Murphy Bed Compared to Old Trundle Bed

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5 and have stayed at POR a few times. On our last time there our youngest did not sleep that well on the trundle bed. It was small and she didn't like being so close to the floor. I am wondering if the Murphy bed in the renovated rooms is an improvement over the trundle bed, or if we are better off looking into Cabins at FW or AOA suites. The kids are currently 13, 9 & 6. We just love POR, and would love at least one more stay there before the kids are too big.

Thanks!

We were just there in December. My 11 yr old DD LOVED the new Murphy Bed. We had stayed at POR many many times up until this trip, and she had slept fine on the Trundle. She said she liked not being 'on the floor', and the bed is much easier to deal with. The biggest issue since the renovation is the storage space. There is very little drawer space. We took about 50 plastic hangars (from Walmart) with us, and hung up just about everything. We also took some small rubbermaid bins to keep stuff in under the double sinks on the shelf.

We have stayed before & after the reno. My kids never liked the trundle under the bed. The new murphy bed is nice & way better than the trundle however my DS who is 5 feet tall had his legs sticking off the end (he was fine with that) but just so you know its not a full length twin for a taller child. POR is a lovely resort.

Thanks for the replies. I think my DD6 would fit fine on the Murphy bed. Good tips about storage and bringing hangers.

We have stayed before & after the reno. My kids never liked the trundle under the bed. The new murphy bed is nice & way better than the trundle however my DS who is 5 feet tall had his legs sticking off the end (he was fine with that) but just so you know its not a full length twin for a taller child. POR is a lovely resort.

My ds 8 is 4foot 7 or so. I think we'd probably come in just under. However we decided at the last moment to surprise the kids with a Royal Room so we won't be in AB this trip anyway. I was a little excited to see them though! Maybe next time:)

Thanks for the replies. I think my DD6 would fit fine on the Murphy bed. Good tips about storage and bringing hangers.
Oh forgot to say that we brought our own hangers & got an over the door organizer for inside the bath area.

The murphy bed mattress is 5.5' by 2.5'. I just measured it last week.

There were three large drawers under the murphy bed. There is also some storage space under the bathroom vanity.

We stayed at POR in a preferred room in AB in Sept 2012. My 14 yo DS is 6/2'' and weighs approx 200 lbs. He slept on the Murphy Bed every night rather than sleep with his 16 yo brother :confused3

He was so tired at night and he'd just pass out and snore.:rotfl:

We stayed at POR in a preferred room in AB in Sept 2012. My 14 yo DS is 6/2'' and weighs approx 200 lbs. He slept on the Murphy Bed every night rather than sleep with his 16 yo brother :confused3

He was so tired at night and he'd just pass out and snore.:rotfl:

The murphy bed is meant for ages 10 or 11 and under, which is evident based on the mattress measurements provided above. I wouldn't take my chances on anyone else older than that or bigger than that. Some may be fine on it, but many people bigger than it would likely be uncomfortable. The good part about the trundle was that you could get away with it since you were sleeping on the floor. With this, your extremities will hang off it.

The murphy bed is meant for ages 10 or 11 and under, which is evident based on the mattress measurements provided above. I wouldn't take my chances on anyone else older than that or bigger than that. Some may be fine on it, but many people bigger than it would likely be uncomfortable. The good part about the trundle was that you could get away with it since you were sleeping on the floor. With this, your extremities will hang off it.

I totally agree with this. I was just relating our experience (which knowing my crazy DS, is probably not the norm), not trying to convince anyone that adults could sleep on the Murphy bed.

Sorry for any confusion :blush:

mommykds said:

Really? My 5'2" 11yo Dd didn't have her feet off it and found it plenty big for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter