• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR - More housekeeping issues

OntFamily

DIS Veteran
We just back from 16 nights at WDW. Durign our stay we stayed at four resorts:

POR
Boardwalk
ASMu
AKL

POR had the worst housekeeping. The other resort had much cleaner rooms (ASMu consistently has had exceptionally clean rooms, in any of our previous visits).

When we mentioned our POS housekeeping issues to cast members at the other resorts, they all told us they had heard of the issues with POR.

What was the problem? General uncleanliness, mold in the bathroom, overall poor condition of the room (needed a rehab badly).

We had problems getting housekeeping to fix the issues, and talked to the resort general manager (Emilio). Emilio didn't seem to care.

It's too bad. POR is otherwise a great resort. Good food court, and a nicely themed pool. Also, the resort has overall great theming. However, they need to fix the housekeeping issues.

I'm staying there in Dec for my first solo trip. I hope they get their act together!

I should temper my comments. POR is still better than most non-Disney hotels. It just isn't up to par with most of the other Disney resorts.

What about your room needed rehabbed? I thought the rooms were recently rehabbed.

I must admit. all of these posts about POR housekeeping are getting rather discouraging. I still remember the great mousekeepers we had there in the late 90's and early 00's.

We were completely unimpressed with Port Orleans housekeeping. We were in Alligator Bayou and can't imagine ever wanting to stay there again. (Not just the housekeeping, just an overall poor experience)

Nagle said:
We were completely unimpressed with Port Orleans housekeeping. We were in Alligator Bayou and can't imagine ever wanting to stay there again. (Not just the housekeeping, just an overall poor experience)
This is really making me question my March trip . I have heard nothing but bad stuff about POR. Please tell me everything you experienced...

DH and I will be heading back to POR in 13 days for the fifth time! I am getting discouraged hearing all this also but am hoping for the best.... The resort itself is wonderful! We love the grounds, the quiet pools, the boat to DTD, the general store, food court, Bob Jackson, the surrey bikes, boat rentals, carriage ride, etc. If there is a problem with our room when we check it I will just deal with it then but hopefully things will be better by then.

To the OP: You said you complained to the resort general manager. Have you complained to anyone "higher up" since you returned? If so, any response to your concerns?

Please update when you return. We have a trip to POR planned for April / May and also getting a bit worried.

we just returned from a few nights at POR, I found no problems with housekeeping, they may not have done xtra, but they did come in and straighten up and make the bed. We were in AB section, room 4226 or was it 4662, either way. I cant complain about the housekeeping, I did not see mold, and I thought the room was quaint, no need to upgrade where we were. Hope that helps!

Hi princess:
I am sorry to hear about the poor housekeeping. We must be the exception, because our 8 day stay in August was with no problems. I am very picky, and I was impressed with the mousekeeping. We had no mold, room was always freshly stocked with new essencials, and bathroom was cleaned very well. We had the same girl everyday ( marellie) because she left her card everyday. We also tipped her $5.00 a day. For those who are questioning their upcoming trip, keep you resies , who will love it there. :sunny:

I just got back last night after a 7 night stay at POR in AB Bldg 17/room1750.
My experience was good, not perfect, but good. Mousekeeping was great until day 6 when for some reason our room got bypassed. I called and they came up pretty quickly. We did get a towel animal.
Bus service was improved since my last visit. There were always enough buses being brought in at park closing times.
All the cm's that we dealt with were very friendly, there was a lot of outside maintenance going on.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We were at POR mansions in July one of the busiest times of the year and our room was very clean and the housekeeping was great in fact my daughter liked it better than Wilderness Lodge during our split stay because we got towels animals and something done with her stuffed animal all 4 nights at POR but nothing, nada, zip during 5 nights at Wildnerness. So I think just like the restaurants this is all hit and miss and when you are there and at what time. Everyones experiences will probably differ so don't hold any weight to bad experiences when making your decesions because there are good and bad experiences everywhere in WDW but I can think of far worse places to have a bad experience. :wizard:

We stayed in the Mansions the last week of June. Our housekeeper was exceptional. Our room was ALWAYS well cleaned, fresh toiletries left, towel animals and she always did something special with the washcloths and the way she made our beds. Margauritte was our housekeeper.

It seems hit and miss. Are they short staffed? I will keep my fingers crossed! I am going to have a great time even if my room is bulldozed!

We are at Disney now staying at POR. Our housekeeper is very good. I was worried reading all the bad experiences some had staying here. I was pleasantly surprised that our room was so neat and clean. We are in the Alligator Bayou section. Our housekeeper is Julio. I wrote a note the first day asking for extra towels and coffee. Everyday when we come back to the room there has been extra towels and coffee.

This is our first time staying at POR and we really like it. It is very quiet and peaceful. We haven't had any problems with the busses. Tonight coming home from the Magic Kingdom we did wait for a second bus so we wouldn't have to stand but that was it.

I have friends there right now. I guess they lucked out. They say their only Mousekeeping complaint is no towel animals :)

OntFamily said:
We just back from 16 nights at WDW. Durign our stay we stayed at four resorts:

POR
Boardwalk
ASMu
AKL

POR had the worst housekeeping. The other resort had much cleaner rooms (ASMu consistently has had exceptionally clean rooms, in any of our previous visits).

When we mentioned our POS housekeeping issues to cast members at the other resorts, they all told us they had heard of the issues with POR.

What was the problem? General uncleanliness, mold in the bathroom, overall poor condition of the room (needed a rehab badly).

We had problems getting housekeeping to fix the issues, and talked to the resort general manager (Emilio). Emilio didn't seem to care.

It's too bad. POR is otherwise a great resort. Good food court, and a nicely themed pool. Also, the resort has overall great theming. However, they need to fix the housekeeping issues.

I am sorry you had problems with poor housekeeping at POR.

We have also had excellent housekeeping at All Star Music and I lobve the refurbished rooms at Music. It is my understanding that all the rooms at All Star Music will be fefurbished by June of @007.
I can hardly wait. :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter